Sri
EL Patron
SamuelJayC
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sagna interview with L'Equipe - Page 3 Empty Re: Sagna interview with L'Equipe

Post by Sri Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:59 am

Let me say this one more time, for sake of emphasis.

1. Talking about contracts to the media is not professional. It should be between the club and player (and those mongrel agents).

2. Nothing can justify defending disloyal players.

@sports - You know I respect you as a poster, but I can't agree completely with your post. It is business, indeed. And both sides should treat it that way - yes. But there is something called 'professional ethics'. You don't see the club taking to the media, or using any other 'under the belt' means to strong arm players into signing new contracts. That is the class you expect from Arsenal. We don't hold players against their will (Cesc vs Modric - do the comparison). The club upholds its values and ETHICS. The player who can't do that, is doing dirty business. Simple as that, and I don't respect that.

A player being prolific on the pitch means nothing if his personality and character off the pitch are not echoing the same virtuosity. Its branded 'attitude problem' for a reason.

@Mick - agree with you entirely.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:03 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:I can understand the animosity towards Nasri, but I don't get why people lump Clichy in with him as well. I thought Clichy left on relatively good terms.

In any case, I don't believe Sagna is defending the way in which they left Arsenal, but rather the fact that, from a pure trophy winning point of view, Clichy and Nasri were right to leave. That's the harsh truth not many of us want to admit.

I have not done it in my earlier post on players I hate, but I know what you mean. I guess its because they both left to the same club in the same summer that there is this tendency.

Sagna saying players are right in leaving the club to win trophies is a hard pill to swallow. It is not the mentality you want to see in the current squad. It sounds as if he is repenting not leaving earlier to win a trophy elsewhere.

The mentality you want to see is players saying 'they left and won. good for them. too bad they aren't here when we thrash their new teams and lift those trophies this year.' That is representative of the PRIDE of wearing the Arsenal Football Club jersey.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:44 am

Let me take another angle.... Do you prefer a player that acts like he's a gunner for life, becomes team captain, says all the right things, etc.... and then turns on the club to force a sale AND accepts going to Man U? Or do you prefer someone who lays out his feelings and intentions early so that the club and fans know exactly where they stand?

I only speak for myself.... i prefer to know the truth, however harsh and/or unpleasant. I have a hard time with used car salesmen.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:Let me take another angle.... Do you prefer a player that acts like he's a gunner for life, becomes team captain, says all the right things, etc.... and then turns on the club to force a sale AND accepts going to Man U? Or do you prefer someone who lays out his feelings and intentions early so that the club and fans know exactly where they stand?

I only speak for myself.... i prefer to know the truth, however harsh and/or unpleasant. I have a hard time with used car salesmen.

Here is the impasse Sports.. I agree with you on him having the right to his feelings.. But imo its something he should first take up with the manager/hierarchy before publicly stating it in the press.. But that is one part of his interview..

The other part is about the players who left, and I have made my stance on that clear..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:40 pm

Wenger knew this was coming Sri. Sagna mentioned that his feelings are no surprise to the club....
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:09 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:IF Sagna does go next summer we could just buy Debuchy.

What's the point? Bacary is two years older and better.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:27 pm

Alright.

Whoever has a Sagna Arsenal jersey

BURN IT NOW! Sagna interview with L'Equipe - Page 3 2276801876

(So that he doesnt leave)
AnJl