Is Angel Di Maria currently the best Wideman in the game?

+26
The Franchise
Jack Daniels
terrance511
The Sanchez
FennecFox7
RealGunner
CBarca
Kingofeverythingclassy
Valkyrja
jibers
Real Kandahar
McAgger
the xcx
Onyx
EarlyPrototype
billionmillion
Ganso
The Messiah
_LMG_10_
Albiceleste
LeBéninois
Mr Nick09
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
EL Patron
Gil
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Angel Di Maria currently the best Wideman in the game? Empty Is Angel Di Maria currently the best Wideman in the game?

Post by Gil Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Only Ribery comes close in my opinion.

The lad's skillset and production is just amazing to me. He can pretty much do it all for a player in that position. He's a fantastic crosser of the ball, elite vision, great understanding of the pressing game + excellent overall workrate, can pass, score from long distance, Top 5 diver (wins easy freekicks when you're under pressure or even get you a cheap penalty at the other end), great touch, great dribbler, great tekkers etc etc

And he's not even in his peak yet. Despite being a 20+ assists a season player his decision making isn't always the best & his finishing is erratic to say the least.

Phenomenal talent in my opinion. I think if he left Madrid and joined a club where he was 'the Man' he would be alot more appreciated. He isn't going to noticed playing alongside the greatest stat padder of all time, two World Class strikers, the golden boy of Germany's next generation & 4/5 Spanish starters of arguably the best International side of all time. And he has Messi apologists shrugging off his contribution when he's playing in Albiceleste kit (I mean Messi creates everything ffs? GTFO)

That face really isn't going to be getting him any attention.

He's in the same boat as Epep sadly. Sad

EDIT: If you agree with me does that mean he's a Top 10-15 player?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Is Angel Di Maria currently the best Wideman in the game? Empty Re: Is Angel Di Maria currently the best Wideman in the game?

Post by EL Patron Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:57 pm

Bale is better What a Face
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Is Angel Di Maria currently the best Wideman in the game? Empty Re: Is Angel Di Maria currently the best Wideman in the game?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:59 pm

I have said this for over a year now but everyone lulz and Madrid fan's want him benched Laughing

Messi used to create everything Gil btw, that was under an old system where he was the system.

Now he has Di Maria and Gago to create for him and play's like he does at Barca and therefore performances have improved.

Defence is a joke though Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:00 pm

Great player hope he tweaks his game slightly.

Also you could say this about basically every player in our
attack bar Ronaldo lol.The media hypes Ronaldo so much that it almost seems like he is our attack , when in reality he's just an important piece like everyone else.

I think there's often just a huge divide in our team between players who understand the concept of playing simple and those who do too much, everyone needs to align themselves and get on the same wavelength.

Inb4 Juventus101 "Podolski is a better winger"

Last edited by Le Samourai on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:02 pm

Gil praising Epep :bow:

Gil praising Ramos soon to come :bow:

i agree with you to some extent, but great players have great moments in great games. I wait for his time to come before i shower him with praise. He will be huge in us retaining la liga for sure, he is the ultimate scrub killer, kills untalented teams and players.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:02 pm

i have always loved that guy. He is fantastic and he is improving really fast, he is a hard-worker but will never get as much as credit he deserves
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Amazing player, Argentine Ronaldinho. :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:05 pm

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:09 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Gil praising Epep :bow:

I finally saw the light after the 2-1 win at the Nou Camp. Cemented his GOAT status for me at the Euros.

Has improved immensely under Mourinho but he's a liablity in my opinion.

i agree with you to some extent, but great players have great moments in great games. I wait for his time to come before i shower him with praise. He will be huge in us retaining la liga for sure, he is the ultimate scrub killer, kills untalented teams and players.

There's only 1 other 'scrub team' in La Liga though. ;/

Personally thought he done well in the CL last season.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:10 pm

He is a good player but he still needs to improve maybe one day he will be consider as nearly good as Shaqiri who is currently learning under Ribery and Robben the best wild men in the last 10years or so.

Last edited by The Messiah on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Amazing player, Argentine Ronaldinho. :coffee:

what...i dont even...

Is Angel Di Maria currently the best Wideman in the game? Close20door
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I have said this for over a year now but everyone lulz and Madrid fan's want him benched Laughing

Messi used to create everything Gil btw, that was under an old system where he was the system.

Now he has Di Maria and Gago to create for him and play's like he does at Barca and therefore performances have improved.

Defence is a joke though Laughing
Yeah this

Di Maria is a great player he just needs to calm down a little and watch around a little more. then he will be top-5 player in the world. in Argentina both Higuain and Di Maria improves their game. in r.madrid the team coached by mourinho who doesnt know a thing about technical football or latin american football
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:15 pm

Gil wrote:Only Ribery comes close in my opinion.

Is Angel Di Maria currently the best Wideman in the game? Close20door
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:16 pm

Ganso wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:Amazing player, Argentine Ronaldinho. :coffee:

what...i dont even...

let me kneejerk in peace :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:19 pm

Btw, once Higuain starts producing in big games I think I'll have to change my opinion on him as well.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Arguably the best winger with end product. He needs to improve his decision making and stop making stupid turn overs as he does from time to time.
I wonder if he will be benched if Modric is signed.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:25 pm

The Messiah wrote:He is a good player but he still needs to improve maybe one day he will be consider as nearly good as Shaqiri who is currently learning under Ribery and Robben the best wild men in the last 10years or so.

lolwut

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:30 pm

The Messiah wrote:He is a good player but he still needs to improve maybe one day he will be consider as nearly good as Shaqiri who is currently learning under Ribery and Robben the best wild men in the last 10years or so.

BEST JOKE EVER Very Happy

Di maria is a starter for RM and Argentina and when he improves his decision making he'll easily be top 3-top5 in the world. Shaqiri has just joined a top club , even if he one of my fav young player i'll take di maria over him atm
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:31 pm

Haha he meant wide men lol

Seriously though, Robben is becoming too wasteful to be called the best winger in the world. At least Ribery has vision and and he plays for the team. Robben mostly plays for himself I feel...

Also, Di Maria is seriously scoring wonder goals these days. Remember this one:

ALSO this was pretty nice too:

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:01 am

I guess magical moments hides a players flaws.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:09 am

Oh yea, forget all his flaws after a few good performances. Only in GL.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:10 am

:facepalm: I wonder which admin will do us all a favor and ban this guy already. It's past his time!!

#SaveUsRG
#SaveUsRedO
#SaveUsMcLewis
#SaveUsJD
#SaveUsDani
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:20 am

Gil wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Gil praising Epep :bow:

I finally saw the light after the 2-1 win at the Nou Camp. Cemented his GOAT status for me at the Euros.

Has improved immensely under Mourinho but he's a liablity in my opinion.

There's only 1 other 'scrub team' in La Liga though. ;/

Personally thought he done well in the CL last season.

I agree with Gil 100% Di maria AND Pepe are very underrated, Pepe is a solid rock, just look at Euros and el clasicos, no wonder he made top 20 lol.com list lol jk

and Di Maria is a great dribbler but gotta use his mind more, and play more intelligent... sometimes he dribbles more than he should and loses possession very easily
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:33 am

mtfootball wrote:I guess magical moments hides a players flaws.

a bit like Zidane eh
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:35 am

Zidane is legit. Get over it ffs.
You dont see me talking crap about Utd legends.

Last edited by Nameless on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next