jibers
The Demon of Carthage
Cruijf
Hapless_Hans
futbol
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

James Rodriguez vs. Mesut Özil vs. Angel Di Maria Empty James Rodriguez vs. Mesut Özil vs. Angel Di Maria

Post by futbol Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:24 pm

How good is he? Right now he seems out of form but I mean in general. Serious question. I'm still undecided myself what to make of him. There is something lacking with him and I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's his lack of acceleration/pace/dribbling to drive the ball forward and beat a man à la Di Maria. Also doesn't look like a pure playmaker and chance creating machine à la Özil despite producing good numbers (13 goals and 13 assists last season in the league). Madrid fans seem very happy with him and want the team built around him so he must be doing something right but I still believe there is something lacking in terms of "producing magic" on the pitch. He scores quite a few golazos but I think most of them against bottom teams. So how good is he? Is he better than Özil? Discuss.

Last edited by futbol on Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

James Rodriguez vs. Mesut Özil vs. Angel Di Maria Empty Re: James Rodriguez vs. Mesut Özil vs. Angel Di Maria

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:12 pm

Very good IMO
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

James Rodriguez vs. Mesut Özil vs. Angel Di Maria Empty Re: James Rodriguez vs. Mesut Özil vs. Angel Di Maria

Post by futbol Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:31 pm

I'm an amateur. Thread title isn't provocative enough. :facepalm:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:51 pm

Should've went for "Sergi Roberto>James" imo
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:53 pm

Cruijf wrote:Should've went for "Sergi Roberto>James" imo

Established facts don't need to be discussed.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:02 pm

Madrid fans are divided on this matter. Some believe he's not good enough to even start, some believe he's good enough to have the team built around him.

Me personally, I think he's very good. There's no doubt in my mind that James would've played even better this season had Carlo stayed. It's not a coincidence that almost the entire Real Madrid team has been underperforming with Rafa in charge. All of them are basically playing out of position or misplaced on the pitch with what seems to be a 4-2-4 formation.

No matter how good the player is, if his talent is being misused or playing around less talented teammates, he won't be able to reach his full potential. Ozil played really bad for Arsenal and it's only recently that he seems to have found his Madrid form. Di Maria was inconsistent for us for most of his stay, it was until Carlo moved him to LCM that he excelled for three straight months. He wasn't that good for United but that is understandable, for LVG has the ability of turning gold to coal. At PSG he was bad at the beginning, but since the Malmo game he's been playing very well.

My point is, you only need to look at the player to realize how good they are. You need to be able to differentiate between a bad player and a talented player in a bad setup.

I believe James to be one of the best players playing today, it's a shame he's playing under a clueless manager.

Still, I think James isn't good enough for the time being to be compared to Ozil or Di Maria.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:14 pm

He can be very good if used right. Put him as a #10 and bui;d the team around him and Madrid would be better, but as long as CR and Fail are still there it won't happen. He is their only player in the forward area that has an extra something and can do the unexpected atm. Bale just runs in a straight line and CR is a tap in merchant.

On the OZil and Di MAria comparisons, they are different. Ozil is the best at giving final balls but Hames is more of a killer, ADM is a monster when played in the wide LCM role. Different players and they all depend on certain systems to get the best out of them.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:26 pm

Both James and Ozil are better than Di Maria.

Ozil vs James... I think they are the best 10s in the world, but their style is different. James is more of a scorer, while Ozil is more of a creator. Why is think James is a bit better than Ozil is his mentality. The Colombian has the balls of the size of a VW, he has no fear.
Right when you might be wondering when James will perk up, he'll do something, some move or pass or shot, that is just astounding. The type of play that can win the game instantaneously, something so stunning and beautiful that you'll be seeing it over and over in your head for a long, long time after the match. Ozil lacks this ghetto mentality. If the team plays well, you have your top midfielder there, but if the team is shit, he's rarely steps up.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:29 pm

*looks at thread title* *looks at op* * becomes suspicious* *opens thread to find banter and troll* *finds nothing* * leaves in confusion*

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:47 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:*looks at thread title* *looks at op* * becomes suspicious* *opens thread to find banter and troll* *finds nothing* * leaves in confusion*

Pls go.

Wait, you already left?

Pls stay.

Valkyrja wrote:Why is think James is a bit better than Ozil

RG, you gonna let this slide?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:47 pm

i'd take di maria above the others. the biggest criticism of di maria was his decision making on the right side. but neither bale, nor james have played as good on that channel as di maria even when he was criticized. the man had loads of good games even before he got switched to midfield

two they're three different players, so you have to look at what they bring to the table. james is a much better scorer than both, ozil sometimes is too scared to score, he'll have good chances and pass the ball and we'll label it unselfish. di maria can score, and sometimes can take selfish shots. but he doesn't have that element like james

play making; ozil then di maria. someone posted a stat on the madrid section and it had ozil and di maria averaging double digit assists with us. now, maybe i'm not being fare here. i never saw james at monaco, or porto, so i can't use that to measure his play making skills. but from what i've seen at madrid, ozil and di maria were creating assists in their sleep. especially that season when cristiano, higuain and benzema scored loads of goals

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:47 pm

now overall, just my personal opinion; i'd take di maria first- that versatility he showed playing central mid, which i criticized vehemently when carlo first did it, cos i hate attackers playing deep in midfield; was very impressive. the technique plus energy is something you don't find in players everyday. madrid and united lost out on him big time

second i'll go with ozil, he has the technique, but not the energy. my biggest criticism of him at madrid was he gets tired after the 60 minute mark, and gets uninterested when his team isn't the dominant team. you need players who can take games by the scruff of the neck when the going gets tough, and at  such moments, ozil is either tired or not interested....but he's a fabulous player, glad he's doing better these days

and finally james. he has scored much better goals than all those guys. and we've seen him carry his national team sometimes by himself. my biggest issue with that is, goal-scoring shouldn't be the prime feature of someone in his position. now what really hampers him is playing out of position, as a result i can't put him above the other two.

i can't base my decisions on 'ifs' or what i haven't seen. i haven't seen him play his right role so i can't go "well, if he played in his right position, he'd be better". he should be good enough to get to play him where he feels most comfortable. he's scored wonderful goals, but got injured at the wrong moments, and now back, he hasn't reached his potential. he can get better, if he puts in monumental performances when the team isn't doing so well, it could change. but for now, this madrid team lacks creativity,  (among other things), and from a creative standpoint, i'd go with di maria first then ozil...you'd never here of marcelo being our most creative player when those two where around
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:52 pm

He was very good at the World Cup. Özil and Di Maria went further, though.

Hope this helps.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:10 pm

I have a diiferent view on these guys than most Madridistas.

All of them are / were misfits at current Madrid.

Ozil - had some good years, but was known to lack stamina and was ineffective if left on more than 70 minutes. hIs downfall happened with Bale's arrival and to a certain extent Isco. He refused to accept any defensive duties and jumped at first chance to leave rather than fight for a role (with Isco, Bale and Di Maria). i agree with most that Bale was the wrong signing, but Ozil was the coward in not fighting for a spot and not willing to to help the team out defensively.

Di Maria was completely useless as a winger with Madrid and yet every year he would go back to Argentina and talk thru the press about a pay increase. Then when Bale, Isco came and Ozil left, he stayed to fight for his spot. It wasn't until Carlo solved the balance problems by playing him as the left mid that Di Maria finally stood out. iT should be noted that Di Maria did not want to play there. hE did excel at that role and was a major factor in la decima. hOwever, based on that that 3/4 season, he demanded a salary equal to Bale and when club wouldn't pay him that, the mercenary in him left for greener pastures.

With James, the issue is why was he brought here when we needed a midfielder and what does he offer that Isco doesn't. It's difficult to understand what is his position. If it is a winger, there is no room for him with Bale, Ronaldo, Benz always getting the forward spots. If it is an AM, we don't use a formation to accomodate that role and we already have that problem in Isco.
If it is a midfielder, then he loses out to Isco since Isco can play that role while James doesn't seem to. So basically it is a competition as to should James or Isco or Casemiro start.

In reality, all three of them are victims of our president's marketing signings in this case Bale. Rather than signing what the team needs, it seems we are doomed to the next galactico.

So bottom line is it is hard to evaluate any of the three based on Real Madrid play. i'm sure all three of them are very good players, but their productivity would depend on what their role is and is it their best role.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:02 am

Art Morte wrote:He was very good at the World Cup. Özil and Di Maria went further, though.

Hope this helps.

James Rodriguez vs. Mesut Özil vs. Angel Di Maria 166310001-e1428151516721
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:57 pm

Di Mehria is the best.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:33 am

James is better than Ozil.
Ozil at 27 has archived 0 in his carrer. Is a great flop in both UCl and National Team the only reason why he get so much hype is beacuse he is an Arsenal Player. Di Maria is better than both in this moment, but James can improve Ozil can't.

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:36 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Madrid fans are divided on this matter. Some believe he's not good enough to even start, some believe he's good enough to have the team built around him.

Me personally, I think he's very good. There's no doubt in my mind that James would've played even better this season had Carlo stayed. It's not a coincidence that almost the entire Real Madrid team has been underperforming with Rafa in charge. All of them are basically playing out of position or misplaced on the pitch with what seems to be a 4-2-4 formation.

No matter how good the player is, if his talent is being misused or playing around less talented teammates, he won't be able to reach his full potential. Ozil played really bad for Arsenal and it's only recently that he seems to have found his Madrid form. Di Maria was inconsistent for us for most of his stay, it was until Carlo moved him to LCM that he excelled for three straight months. He wasn't that good for United but that is understandable, for LVG has the ability of turning gold to coal. At PSG he was bad at the beginning, but since the Malmo game he's been playing very well.

My point is, you only need to look at the player to realize how good they are. You need to be able to differentiate between a bad player and a talented player in a bad setup.

I believe James to be one of the best players playing today, it's a shame he's playing under a clueless manager.

Still, I think James isn't good enough for the time being to be compared to Ozil or Di Maria.

mm Di Maria is amazing in Psg sinze he arrived and for sure better than the great UCl flop Ozil.

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:44 am

Killer wrote:James is better than Ozil.
Ozil at 27 has archived 0 in his carrer. Is a great flop in both UCl and National Team the only reason why he get so much hype is beacuse he is an Arsenal Player. Di Maria is better than both in this moment, but James can improve Ozil can't.

My sides rofl rofl rofl

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:50 pm

What can you say. He killed it.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:58 pm

linetty wrote:What can you say. He killed it.
James Rodriguez vs. Mesut Özil vs. Angel Di Maria Giphy
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:07 pm

I remember Özil in that game against Barca when he turned Abidal inside out. But yh Özil wasnt one for big games but if you wanna find games where he "killed it" against other teams just scroll through his Madrid career. There is plenty of them there. I dont know why James gets to be compared to Özil/ADM the latter two have accomplished alot in their careers and kickstarted their career in the first couple of games in their respective clubs wherever they went. James two seasons in and i dont know what his quality is that you can rely on in big games
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:29 pm

Özil is not a NT flop - he's the first name on the team sheet.

Özil doesn't get any hype for being an Arsenal player now - the English media basically shat on him for 'being lazy' for 2.5 years. Even as recently as the City game (3rd week of Dec), Carragher was shitting on Özil baselessly on MNF for being inferior to Silva - something which was conclusively destroyed by stats by a famous blogpost last week.

I don't think 'he has achieved 0 and is 27' needs any further debunking.

He's 27, leading creator in all top leagues in Europe this season, on track to break a couple of PL records (including one for assists by Henry), and oh btw - he's just entering his 'prime'.

---
I do not watch enough of Madrid to comment on how Özil played there, vs. how James is doing. But I have followed Özil in BuLi before he went to Madrid and I have not the slightest doubt of his quality and caliber.

ADM was a flop in PL, and played a different position - so not comparable.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:48 pm

Right now Ozil is clearly the best of the three. Hard to say if James can reach those heights, but I would prefer him to Di Maria.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by FelixMagic Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:54 pm

Di Maria by milles, big game player, complet, now has become even a good goalscorer. Ozil is not in the same level, has never showed to be, just another overrated EPL and Arsenal player. James need to leave Real but i prefer him to Ozil.

FelixMagic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next