Lex
Ganso
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
juventus101
44 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Would Fabregas get into Juves midfield? - Page 5 Empty Re: Would Fabregas get into Juves midfield?

Post by jibers Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Would Platini in his prime get into Juventus midfield?

Seriously this is getting pathetic. The only players available that can currently fit into the 3 man mf are Xavi, Alonso, Khedira, Fallaini, Cleverley, Nerman etc

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Would Fabregas get into Juves midfield? - Page 5 Empty Re: Would Fabregas get into Juves midfield?

Post by the xcx Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:12 pm

Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:12 pm

Nameless wrote:Laughing

Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:18 pm

so Matthaus will defo get in it then hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:26 pm

with this players record, the way people underrate him is a joke, you guys are unbelievable, sometimes i just do not know what you are watching. just because he is not a as good as xavi at controlling the temp of the game, all of the sudden he is treated like shit amongst some people on this forum?

so nobody sees the amount of assists he gets?

the amount of goals? and the movement he has to get these goals

all these stats are meaningless now? i see how it is. understand cesc is an AM not a CM

oh and ps mole, you are fing STUPID if you think he wouldn't get into the newcastle. STUPID. thats all i have to say, IF you think that. im done

Last edited by REWB on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:28 pm

The only thing this thread shows is how little people watch Juventus :coffee:

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:32 pm

REWB wrote:with this players record, the way people underrate him is a joke, you guys are unbelievable, sometimes i just do not know what you are watching. just because he is not a as good as xavi at controlling the temp of the game, all of the sudden he is treated like shit amongst some people on this forum?

all these stats are meaningless now? i see how it is

:facepalm:

Do you watch Juve play? do you know why the pick 2 b2b midfielders that are very good defensively?

This has nothing to do with Fabregas quality as a player it's to do with the role he would have to fill and fact is he could'nt do it.

I'm not sure why this is so hard for people to understand..... Would you drop Busquets for Fabregas because Fabregas is a better player? no you would'nt.

ffs i really wonder sometimes if some of you actually watch football.

How Juve are set up he would'nt break into the midfield.... because Vidal and Marchisio are better at b2b midfielders that cover Pirlo and Pirlo is a better regista.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Prime Essien >>>>>>>> banana
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:47 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
REWB wrote:with this players record, the way people underrate him is a joke, you guys are unbelievable, sometimes i just do not know what you are watching. just because he is not a as good as xavi at controlling the temp of the game, all of the sudden he is treated like shit amongst some people on this forum?

all these stats are meaningless now? i see how it is

:facepalm:

Do you watch Juve play? do you know why the pick 2 b2b midfielders that are very good defensively?

This has nothing to do with Fabregas quality as a player it's to do with the role he would have to fill and fact is he could'nt do it.

I'm not sure why this is so hard for people to understand..... Would you drop Busquets for Fabregas because Fabregas is a better player? no you would'nt.

ffs i really wonder sometimes if some of you actually watch football.

How Juve are set up he would'nt break into the midfield.... because Vidal and Marchisio are better at b2b midfielders that cover Pirlo and Pirlo is a better regista.

im not talking about juve, im talking about you in general and your smerkish comments about fab, i watch juve and i know with the system they play it would inappropriate for cesc to come into that successful midfield.

So, you said cesc wouldn’t get into juve midfield fine...BUT THEN you said cesc would not get into newcastles midfield. Now there is a big difference between him getting into a successful juve's midfield and getting into newcastle midfield. now i dont care what system Newcastle plays, cesc in that midfield would make them a much better team simple. If you even watched cesc at arsenal, both when he played AM AND CM, you would know this.

Last edited by REWB on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:48 pm

People play too much football manager, it's not about who's individually better than who.

Is Fabregas a great player? Yes

Would you have him as the DLP over Pirlo? No

Would you want him to play the Vidal/Marchisio role to chase people down box to box and cover for Pirlo? No

He wouldn't get into our current set up, but if he came we would change the set up for him.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:50 pm

I was'nt serious about Newcastle ffs, i was just trolling RG Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Gil wrote:Think I'll lose it if I hear the Cex can't play in CM garbage again. He's obviously not as good as Chavvy & Iniesta (not many players in the World are) in there but that doesn't mean he's not effective there.

His versatility has somewhat ruined his development in CM but Wenger's to blame for that not Cex.

P.S. He'd stroll into Juve's midfield ffs. Stop it, it's just ridiculous now.

No, actually he's been very average at CM, and it's not relative to Xavi and Iniesta.

Relative to Xavi and Iniesta- Cesc looks like Heskey...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:16 pm

In 08-09 our midfield was prime Alonso-prime Mascherano-prime Gerrard.

You think if Benitez was offered Cesc to somehow accomodate him there, he'd refuse ?

Laughing

You can always improve, no matter how successful your set up is.

By this logic, Cesc won't get into Stoke's midfield either because he doesn't do throw ins of Delap or does the defensive work of Dean Whitehead.

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:19 pm

TomJuve wrote:People play too much football manager, it's not about who's individually better than who.

Is Fabregas a great player? Yes

Would you have him as the DLP over Pirlo? No

Would you want him to play the Vidal/Marchisio role to chase people down box to box and cover for Pirlo? No

He wouldn't get into our current set up, but if he came we would change the set up for him.

Class post I must say.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I was'nt serious about Newcastle ffs, i was just trolling RG Laughing

your sig :bow:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:42 pm

Schweini wrote:In 08-09 our midfield was prime Alonso-prime Mascherano-prime Gerrard.

You think if Benitez was offered Cesc to somehow accomodate him there, he'd refuse ?

Laughing

By this logic, Cesc won't get into Stoke's midfield either because he doesn't do throw ins of Delap or does the defensive work of Dean Whitehead.

Disagree id rather that midfield you had than any combination you can think of to fit Cesc in.

Cesc is'nt better than Mascherano was at what he did, what Alonso did and what Gerrard did.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:51 pm

I'm just gonna throw this out there...

We've been talking about Fabregas vs Pirlo/Marchisio/Vidal.

Maybe the better question is Fabregas vs. Matri/Quagliarella for CF.

Conte to pull a VDB?

rofl
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:55 pm

donttreadonred wrote:I'm just gonna throw this out there...

We've been talking about Fabregas vs Pirlo/Marchisio/Vidal.

Maybe the better question is Fabregas vs. Matri/Quagliarella for CF.

Conte to pull a VDB?

rofl

Already mentioned that mate..... the only position he fits into their system currently is if in a 3-5-2 he plays as an SS or as a fake 9 in a 4-3-3.

While Sepi is right you can always improve..... you don't completely rip apart a successful set up to fit in one player its just idiotic.

As Barca found out to their cost....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:01 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Already mentioned that mate..... the only position he fits into their system currently is if in a 3-5-2 he plays as an SS or as a fake 9 in a 4-3-3.

While Sepi is right you can always improve..... you don't completely rip apart a successful set up to fit in one player its just idiotic.

My apologies. I hadn't read all 7 pages, as the original question is asinine to anyone who has watched Juventus over the past year.

The only way he fits is if they decide to switch to a 4-2-3-1 and rotate Vidal and Marchisio alongside Pirlo. The Champions League responsibilities make that slightly more plausible, but still pretty unlikely.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:06 am

donttreadonred wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Already mentioned that mate..... the only position he fits into their system currently is if in a 3-5-2 he plays as an SS or as a fake 9 in a 4-3-3.

My apologies. I hadn't read all 7 pages, as the original question is asinine to anyone who has watched Juventus over the past year.

The only way he fits is if they decide to switch to a 4-2-3-1 and rotate Vidal and Marchisio alongside Pirlo. The Champions League responsibilities make that slightly more plausible, but still pretty unlikely.

No need to apoligise mate, there's a lot to read through and probably not worth it anyway lol.

Anyway yeah it's obvious they would need to change to fit him in which seems a bit silly to me and as the question was could he break into the current midfield.

The answer is no.... if Pirlo was'nt there or something they could re-jig the system to fit him in but it's really a futile argument which has been repeated too many times already.

Mainly by me Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:18 am

You're right. Pirlo is the key. With him they play with the focal point of any attack being the regista. Fabregas would be a trequartista, and a damn good one, but still a trequartista. They would have to completely revamp the system to accommodate him. That wouldn't happen any time soon (as long as Pirlo is still playing for Juve). So, the question is moot. He doesn't get in, because Juve don't use his particular skills set atm. So sorry mate. Call back in a few years.

(He should've stayed at Arsenal anyway. It's more fun to watch him play than to watch him play with his shinguards on the sidelines.)
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:52 am

Cesc wouldn't get in Newcastle's midfield? My god, I don't even...

I'm just gonna ignore that. TomJuve made the best post of the thread by far, Cesc wouldn't be suited to the current midfield setup, but if Barca ever sold him to Juve, they would change the system to accomodate him, anyone who says they wouldn't is deluded. Cesc's market value is €50m, you don't spend that much on a player who doesn't fit your system unless you plan on changing it.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:53 am

Schweini wrote:In 08-09 our midfield was prime Alonso-prime Mascherano-prime Gerrard.

Laughing

Making room for (accommodate) or replacing a player is two different things
Would Fabregas displace one of Marchisio, Vidal or Pirlo? Given their roles? Absolutely not.
Would Fabregas make it into Juventus' starting 11? Absolutely.

It's two different things though

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:59 am

I don't think Fabregas is good enough to play as a false 9. His best position is at CAM, in front of 2 other midfielders. Basically the position Xavi played for Spain, except a bit higher, although not as high as an AM.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:06 am

Jonathan28 wrote:Cesc wouldn't get in Newcastle's midfield? My god, I don't even...

I'm just gonna ignore that. TomJuve made the best post of the thread by far, .

You really thought i was serious ? ffs Laughing

Also what TomJuve said is the same as what the rest us have said except he was less aggressive in his tone of writing Laughing

The question would Fabregas get into this Juve Midfield 3? and the answer is an obvious no.

I dont know what's so difficult for people to understand, this is'nt Fifa where you can put as many attacking players as you want and it does'nt matter.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:10 am

I use Ben Arfa as a DM on Fifa and he wins me matches :coffee:

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next