rwo power
Blanco
barca 2011
The Messiah
RedOranje
71 posters

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 3

Post by donttreadonred Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:14 pm

:{Mr.Mustachio! wrote:With the income from sales in addition to the transfer budget we should be able to attract a striker of the needed level, if we want that is...

Hopefully with money left over for some nice little deals for prospects like El Kaddouri and maybe some reserves at CB aswell.
I don't think funds were ever the problem, unless you mean absolutely outrageous price tags. something in the region of 20-30 million euros was probably doable. The problem is convincing the players to leave. Suarez isn't leaving Liverpool (not this season), RVP seems set to stay (we'll see), and Higuain is another that seems to want to stay put. Juve are not just looking for another "good" striker. They need someone who can be the go-to forward for a Champion's League contender, and they are quickly running out of options. Personally, I don't see why they haven't approached Schalke for Huntelaar, yet. He could be the predator that Juve need, and he won't have inflated his price given the Netherland's showing at the Euros. He could work alongside Vucinic in Conte's 3-5-2 or as the loan out-and-out striker in his 4-3-3. Make it happen... I would get a Huntelaar Juve kit.

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 3

Post by donttreadonred Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:16 pm

Surag wrote:If City end up signing Van Persie it will definitely free us up for Dzeko imo..

Question is if he is willing to take a pay-cut hmm
Question is if he couldn't hack it at City, will he fit better at Juve?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:23 pm

I am not in a position to answer that really but his record his still undeniable in the Bundesliga and Dzeko has the 3rd highest scoring ratio in the PL for the amount of minutes he's played.

He's still a quality striker allright and would be a huge upgrade over our current forward line definitely.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:32 pm

Surag wrote:I am not in a position to answer that really but his record his still undeniable in the Bundesliga and Dzeko has the 3rd highest scoring ratio in the PL for the amount of minutes he's played.

He's still a quality striker allright and would be a huge upgrade over our current forward line definitely.
If Conte think's he's the solution, I'm all for it. He was certainly good in the Bundesliga, but he's been in and out of Man City's starting lineup. He scored A LOT of goals early on in the season, when Man City were rampant. Then, without proper service, he really cooled off. My concern is his hot-n-cold nature. When he's in form, he's near unplayable. When he's not, he's a void in attack. Pirlo, Marchisio and others might be able to provide him with the right kind of service he needs, but it's a bit of a gamble.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Service was not an issue..Putting the ball in the back of the net was an issue last season.Is he good at it ?I think so.

This season we've bolstered our creativity department with the addition of one of the best players in Serie A last season in Giovinco..So i dont think service should be an issue.

Though it remains to be seen if he's willing to take a wage cut if he came here..He earns a bottle load at City currently.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:49 pm

So Bayern will be actually offering mediocre Mandzukic 3.5m a season ? Laughing

This would be a much better signing than Dzeko though.Atleast he might not complain about lack of game time.Bayern need a backup to Gomez more than a competitor to Gomez.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Hurry up and sign someone ffs
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:31 pm

Surag wrote:So Bayern will be actually offering mediocre Mandzukic 3.5m a season ? Laughing

This would be a much better signing than Dzeko though.Atleast he might not complain about lack of game time.Bayern need a backup to Gomez more than a competitor to Gomez.

Well you do know that he pays a 54 percent tax on his wage
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:36 pm

Surag hating on a quality player like Mandzukic Sad No
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:55 pm

Mandzukic is average and not Juventus starting material,I rather Matri over Mandzukic..He's going to be another stop gap purchase which i am not interested in.His record is pretty mediocre too.

I hope Bayern close this deal ASAP .He could serve as a good backup for them.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Not a big fan of target men strikers, however Mandzukic played well for Croatia.

Also:

"Kolarov? He is a great left-back and I would like to keep him," Mancini told Italian TV station Sky Sport 24.

"We have very good players and there many clubs interested in them, which means that we have done our jobs well. We know his value well and we want to keep him."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Pardew likes Mandzukic :coffee:

Bayern have beaten to Juve to thier star CF..... next Trezegol etc etc

I thought MT was going to write more than 1 sentence..... then i realised it was quotes from an article Sad

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Pardew likes Mandzukic :coffee:

Bayern have beaten to Juve to thier star CF..... next Trezegol etc etc

I thought MT was going to write more than 1 sentence..... then i realised it was quotes from an article Sad

It was 2 sentences, since 'Also' is what I wrote. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:08 pm

Surag wrote:So Bayern will be actually offering mediocre Mandzukic 3.5m a season ? Laughing

Olic used to get 4M a season & Klose 7.5M a season & both of them were not starting in the 2010-11 season.

Dzeko wanted a 7M Salary atleast. Plus City were not ready to accept anything under 30M as transfer fees. So on a 3 year deal say this would amount to 51M.

While Mandzukic will amount to 22.5M which is vastly less(12M rumoured tranfer fee). I think Mandzukic is a good header with solid link-up play & can build up attacks. He is a work-horse like Olic. So he should offer something different to Pizarro & Gomez.

I think its a very smart purchase. There will be too much unrest with so many quality player with high wages & transfers in the bench. Next Mandzukic will get take the 3rd ST position & we will probably get a Very Good ST inplace of Pizarro.

I think its obvious. Heyneckes has a hard on for Martinez & wants him at any cost. So all funds are being diverted towards that transfer. We will probably end up paying 30-35M maybe.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Will Gustavo be a rotation player if Martinez arrives ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Robben's father Hans conceded: "It is possible that Arjen is leaving Bayern."

BILD says Bayern are considering offering Robben as a makeweight in their bid to sign Dzeko, despite the fact the Dutch winger penned a two-year contract extension at the club in May.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:30 pm

robben back to madrid? hmm

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:39 pm

seriously doubt it
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:53 pm

He's 30 in 2 years, therefore hopefully not. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:01 pm

Robben isn't going anywhere, he'll stay and atone his costly mistakes last season
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:04 pm

This is Garbage. Everyone knows that Robben has boycotted Bild because they are trying to create a war against him. Few days back they created a fake interview saying Robben wants to leave because so-called Bayern fans booed him once which Robben denied & he was in Oranje training camp playing in a friendly when that stupid statement came.

Now they say this but none of this has been supported by other media. I doubt that Robben's father will make such quotes to a media to which Uli said they are trying to mentally a harass a play & affecting his game & whom Robben has boycotted.

Its ironical that Bild have again reported this garbage Dzeko exchange theory. Karl Heinz RUmmenigge has said multiple times that Robben is unsellable at any price & Bayern & Robben negotiated a Contract Extension this summer.

And Dzeko for Robben or part. What a Garbage deal. Dzeko can rot in City. I think Uli Hoeness would rather retire than make such a Stupid Deal.

Its also ironical that this Bild media reported another Fake Garbage news saying Bayern are offering their own youth product & cash for Dzeko.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:Will Gustavo be a rotation player if Martinez arrives ?

Probably. 2 Early to say since Martinez's position is not clear. He can play CB,DM & CM.

So there could be multiple games where a Martinez-Badstuber pairing will be tried out where both CB's will be brilliant passers for a Central Back.

Or Martinez might play as a CM with Gustavo in the Schweni role in say Away Legs against hard teams.

Its mostly likely that Martinez will play as DM with Piggy & Kroos ahead of him in a 3 Man Mid-field where all 3 Attack & Defend.

I think Gustavo is a vital player. Last year we played 56 games. We need Gustavo but given Martinez's massive price & Heyneckes' price its safe to say that he will be a Starter

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:21 pm

What about Boateng?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:40 pm

mtfootball wrote:What about Boateng?

Martinez is being bought as a CM/DM and I'm sure the board will probably offer Tymo to other clubs.

I think the plan for next season is to have 1 quality player and a good rotation player in every position.

So next season since Boateng is still young and he's German and can use both foot, I expect him and Van Buyten to be available as our Right-C.B, with Badstuber and Dante as our left-CB.

Martinez will most likely come in as our Right footed DM, although he can use both feet and Gustavo as our left foot DM since he's better with his left foot, Schweini as Right Footed CM although he can also use his left foot and Toni Kroos obviously as our left-Footed CM, also he can use boot foot.

So all in all, as King suggested if anything goes wrong Martinez can also slut in as our CB, that's of course if Boateng and Van Buyten fail to keep their position.

TBH I don't really know what the coach have in mind but I think Martinez is being bought as CM/DM.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:44 pm

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Will Gustavo be a rotation player if Martinez arrives ?

Probably. 2 Early to say since Martinez's position is not clear. He can play CB,DM & CM.

So there could be multiple games where a Martinez-Badstuber pairing will be tried out where both CB's will be brilliant passers for a Central Back.

Or Martinez might play as a CM with Gustavo in the Schweni role in say Away Legs against hard teams.

Its mostly likely that Martinez will play as DM with Piggy & Kroos ahead of him in a 3 Man Mid-field where all 3 Attack & Defend.

I think Gustavo is a vital player. Last year we played 56 games. We need Gustavo but given Martinez's massive price & Heyneckes' price its safe to say that he will be a Starter

Ah makes sense. Thanks
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:24 am

saw this posted in my IRC channel

Guillem Balague ?@GuillemBalague
Drogba has got a clause that allows him to leave Shangai Shenhua for free if Barcelona came calling. He will meet the Spanish club tomorrow

Spanish press reporting Drogba will sign for Barca tomorrow
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next