jontsu
Jack Daniels
Onyx
Adit
sree999
30 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

why has pique been soo s**t this euro? - Page 3 Empty Re: why has pique been soo s**t this euro?

Post by Zealous Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:39 pm

You could hear Maldini orgasm after Ramos's tackle on Mandzukic.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

why has pique been soo s**t this euro? - Page 3 Empty Re: why has pique been soo s**t this euro?

Post by Gemini Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:39 pm

So he's the best cb in the best defense in europe atm, why is he far off from being the best cb so far then?

Only competition he has is from Pepe in all honesty considering what the other teams have let in...

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:40 pm

So he's the best cb in the best defense in europe atm, why is he far off from being the best cb so far then?

Only competition he has is from Pepe atm in all honesty considering what the other teams have let in...

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:40 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Zealous wrote:I'm still waiting for an explination on why he should have been sent off confused

He made a hard tackle, got the ball and the man in the penalty area.

If he didn't get the ball it was 100% a red card.

But that's Sergio...that's why we love him.

Funny how he doesn't mention Biscuits almost ripping Corluka's shirt in teh penalty area Laughing

That was definetly a pen imo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:43 pm

Gemini wrote:So he's the best cb in the best defense in europe atm, why is he far off from being the best cb so far then?

Only competition he has is from Pepe atm in all honesty considering what the other teams have let in...

Hummels and Badstuber have been fantastic and they have played against arguably tougher opposition.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:45 pm

Zealous wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
Zealous wrote:I'm still waiting for an explination on why he should have been sent off confused

Funny how he doesn't mention Biscuits almost ripping Corluka's shirt in teh penalty area Laughing

You know I don't do the whole give a penalty for shirt holding BS Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:45 pm

many CBs have had much better games than Ramos at an individual level.

You dont use the defense record of a team to necessearily point out that they have the best defenders, that's ridic

Imo, Pepe has been the best, then Agger, Hummels etc...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Zealous wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:

You know I don't do the whole give a penalty for shirt holding BS Laughing

AC Milan agree with you :xavi:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:48 pm

Greece is a lot easier then France, Holland was a toothless pitbull at this tournament - Croatia and Italy are stronger then Holland & Denmark. While the goals conceded is 1 - 4.
Portugal was the only thing stronger then what spain have played thus far.

Badstuber isn't playing better then ramos aswell imo

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:50 pm

I think he's been Ok...Pepe has been better, I thought Hummels mad a couple mistakes...but whatever.

It's the knockouts that counts though, that's where he turned it up in the WC and the Euros before that, i expect the same even if it's a different position.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:51 pm

I dont think you understand, but it's ok, we dont need to agree.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:00 am

Me? I understand well but ok it's your opinion, I did say he's arguably one of the best which is mine.
It isn't far fetched as you making out Pepe has been good on an individual basis scored a goal and did well, no one is head and shoulders above ramos in this tournament so far and my statement stands true.

Badstuber hasn't impressed me overly so and hummels had a nice tournament so far similar to ramos but Ger letting in to many goals that also counts imo.
Agger was good, unfortunately but now he is out so it's not comparable as ramos played another good game.

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:07 am

I do find it funny how Hummel's mistakes have been magnified which have hardly been mistakes at all and seem like nit picking at best.

Yep Pepe's mistakes ( which have lead to 2 goals) are completely ignored.

Pepe's been good but lets not put him on a level he isnt.

Hummels has been head and shoulders above Pepe this tournament, thats not an opinion thats a fact.

That does'nt just go for Pepe either that goes for everyone.

I know your Madrid fans but you dont need to go nuts in your support for him lol, Cabaye has been good this tournament and without him France's midfield is horribly average you dont see me proclaiming he's better than Pirlo, Schweignsteiger, Moutinho, Alonso etc etc though Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:13 am

Disagree Mole, i posted somewhere else, Hummels made the similar mistakes to Pepe, only difference is that the CF fluffed their chances when playing Germany. I think he has been put under a lot more duress than hummels as well, and it counts a great deal.

I appreciate the contribution hummels has made and how confident he has been in his defending, but i dont forget that he is also playing in a better defensive unit than Pepe. It's subjective of course, but not farfetched to say that he has been the most impressive individually.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:01 am

I am not the biggest Pique fan but how the hell has Ramos been better.
They have both been garbage and thats being generous.Also how did Ramos have a great game against France.France didnt see the ball for 90 min.Spain should thank their midfield for dominating possession else the 2 calamities in defense would have been exposed left,right and center.
Ramos the best CB in the tournament.Indeed.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:41 am

Both of them have been fine in my opinion. I thought Pique was quite good in games 2 and 3 actually.

They definitely haven't been great though... you can't be when the opposition attack does nothing.

Arbeloa is the worry.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:43 am

Arbeloa? He was good vs. France. His problem though is that he doesn't really play well unless it's a big game... Very inconsistent player. But he handeld Ribery very well.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:44 am

As long as we win the cup, he has been good enuff. Not horrible; he just set such a high standard for his game and he is clearly not there, but he isn't bad. Ramos has looked good, that is clear. But, I mean 1 goal conceded so far, that's impressive considering according to everyone here one of the CB's has been shite. And spare me the "well look at Spain's midfield" argument, because of the way Spain play they can be countered fast. And only one goal came so far of it in 4 games and we are in the semis.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:52 am

Spain's backline has been good and of course they have Iker behind them so that gives them confidence.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by eroticfishcake Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:13 am

Pique has been horse shit, no one can deny it. Even with Barcelona this season maybe he's out of form or he's overrated I can't say it.

To be fair to Pique he had to play alongside Ramos, Arbeloa and Alba.

Casillas saving Spain's ass since '00.
eroticfishcake
eroticfishcake
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:25 am

Arbeloa and Ramos are capable defenders just as good as anything in Europe tbh.

Pique has had a bad season and Alba is more offensively orientated.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:24 am

Zealous wrote:Well they haven't have they? and besides those mistakes Ramos has been good so far especially since this is his first year as a CB too.

He has been playing this position for a long time... even in the days of Ronnie at Barca... :facepalm: I really do hate it when Madrid players do argue about crap when they don't even know crap about their own team... :facepalm:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:56 am

WTF are you talking about? He may have played once or twice as a stop gap every other season but this has been his first year as an out and out CB.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:02 am

Not true Zeal, at Sevilla he was mainly at CB he only played at RB now and again.

Infact i think he only played RB a handful of times before you signed him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:20 am

alexjanosik wrote:I am not the biggest Pique fan but how the hell has Ramos been better.
They have both been garbage and thats being generous.Also how did Ramos have a great game against France.France didnt see the ball for 90 min.Spain should thank their midfield for dominating possession else the 2 calamities in defense would have been exposed left,right and center.
Ramos the best CB in the tournament.Indeed.

despite all that, Pique still looked bad. Jesus wept
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:24 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not true Zeal, at Sevilla he was mainly at CB he only played at RB now and again.

Infact i think he only played RB a handful of times before you signed him.

Puyol was a forward once upon a time Laughing

Nah but since Ramos came to us, he has only played CB a handful of games before he became a permanent CB this season, what he is doing now with the RB position i.e. play there when someone is injured he was doing exactly that with the CB position up until this season.....

Infact during the Pelle season Ramos played RB and Arbeloa filled in at CB rather than Ramos
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next