The Messiah
VivaStPauli
Onyx
The Sanchez
rwo power
47 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion Empty Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:34 pm

As this match is one of the biggest rivalries in European - no, World! - football, I decided to post this thread early.

Netherlands Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion NED VS. Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion GER Germany

Stadium
Metalist Stadium, Kharkiv (UKR)

Kick-off
13 June 2012, 20:45 CEST/GMT+2, (21:45 local time)

Referee
TBA

Netherlands line-up
TBA

Germany line-up
TBA
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion Empty Re: Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion

Post by The Sanchez Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:55 pm

Early it is and tbh I predict a crap draw. This may be a anticipated game though it won't be, I just feel like it won't. I reckon RVP will still stay in the team though Hunteelar will come in though tbh, the minutes he played he was crap.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion Empty Re: Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:11 pm

Should be a good match if both teams attack.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:19 pm

I think we'll be naughty little Germans and, fully knowing that we got 3 points and they got 0, will sit back, and play on the counter.

We'll have far more space than we did against Portugal, I just hope our chemistry is a bit better then it was yesterday, though.

Germany got all the advantages they could have, sadly the team really didn't look too sharp against Portugal.
I'm still predicting a German victory, though, simply because the match will suit us. An opponent who'll give us space, who is basically forced to attack, and we go into it with confidence.

I expect Klose to start, as well, so we'll probably win like 2-0 or something.
(We could also totally lose, I don't have a great feeling about this, but there's enough reasons that I'd say we have an advantage.)
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Easy win for Germany I'm sorry for the Dutch
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:27 pm

The Dutch have played much better, while losing, than we did while winning, though.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:41 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:The Dutch have played much better, while losing, than we did while winning, though.

it's a shame for them but whose fault is it..? definitely not ours.

their biggest mistake was losing this match against Denmark and like you said they will now be force to push forward against us with a terrible defense and we all know what that will result to.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by totaalvoetbal Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:41 pm

This will be a final for us... like Viva said, we have to attack so I think this could be a game with lots of goals!

We created lots and lots of chances against the Danes... we lost but we didn't play badly IMO. Just unlucky
totaalvoetbal
totaalvoetbal
Prospect
Prospect

http://goingusa.waarbenjij.nu

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:51 pm

Huntelaar or Van Persie, or should both start?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:57 pm

mtfootball wrote:Huntelaar or Van Persie, or should both start?

Doesn't matter who starts, by Wednesday both will be out of the competition...
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by totaalvoetbal Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:10 pm

The Messiah, stop trolling and in case you didn't know... on sunday we play our third game so they wont be out of the competition after wednesday
totaalvoetbal
totaalvoetbal
Prospect
Prospect

http://goingusa.waarbenjij.nu

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Netherlands defender Joris Mathijsen and playmaker Wesley Sneijder are both expected to be available for their side's Group B encounter with Germany on Wednesday after completing a training session on Sunday.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion 306948_379391408784300_1631380867_n

Win it for Mrs Bastian :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:23 pm

Huntelaar came on only as a late substitute, and Van Tiggelen, who was part of the Oranje's Euro 1988 title-winning squad, thinks it is time for the Schalke striker to feature from the offset.

"I guess it is about time that Klaas-Jan Huntelaar starts up front, I am kind of fed up with Robin van Persie," he told NUSport.

"It is a fact he did an amazing job at Arsenal this season, but his performances have been heavily disappointing in the Netherlands national team.

"Besides, we have two defensive midfielders who are hardly involved in attack. If Denmark benefited from that, Germany and Portugal will definitely do it as well."

The 54-year-old was then very critical of the Oranje's performance on Saturday and disputed the notion that the his country deserved to win the match.

"We just did not play well," he explained. "We showed too little passion and fierceness.

"Then I hear people saying that Netherlands had many opportunities to score, but I do not know if those people were watching the same match.

"With our quality, we cannot afford a loss against Denmark. The Dutch players must show some more."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:26 pm

totaalvoetbal wrote:This will be a final for us... like Viva said, we have to attack so I think this could be a game with lots of goals!

We created lots and lots of chances against the Danes... we lost but we didn't play badly IMO. Just unlucky
Hi, sane Oranje fan Very Happy
I doubt Netherlands will go all out against Germany. It would be suicide. I think Dutch will sit back and transition fast into counter attacks.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:27 pm

I think Germany will this, I will be cheering badly for them. will Holland be out if they lose this one?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:28 pm

As good as out if you beat Portugal. Draw with Germany which Germany wouldn't mind, freeza, and we're done ( two big teams out) cheers
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Well, in the German PK today, Mats Hummels was asked about the Dutch attack, and he said that against Huntelaar he has very good memories as he shut him out, while RVP managed to score three goals against him. So maybe starting the Hunter there might not be the best idea after all. hmm
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:34 pm

This match will be a 90-minute-long football orgasm, no matter what's the level of play, such is this game's importance.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:38 pm

"I’m bewildered and shocked that we lost that match,” the former Feyenoord coach told NOS after Sunday's training session.

“We had so many opportunities to decide the game.”

“We are all disappointed. This is normal. But it is the calm before the storm, because everyone realises that it is do or die against Germany on Wednesday.”

“When you play against them you can’t afford to walk along the knife-edge. We must attack and we will attack.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Huntelaar was playing with a broken nose & we played Babel & Kuyt in the wings & Sneijder was off key,Braafheid ws LB,the match was played in Germany & it was friendly.

This is not Schalke. Huntelaar will have Sneijder & if Robben choses to be a Team player then Robben. Those are Top Quality Supports.

Other than that I think if you want to play Hunter,play to his strengths. He needs a Winger who can provide him crosses. Either Narsingh of Kuyt has to play or Robben has to play at LW & told to cross.

Because Huntelaar is absolute beast aerially & 8 out of 10 he would easily beat Badstuber & Hummels. But we dont play ANY aerial plays,or hardly any.

I dont know what Bert will do. He has promised attacking football. We score or we concede. We are pushed to a wall. There is no escape now. To be sure,we need 2 wins.

Ohh & if they win we loose be out if Portugal beat Denmark. In that case Germany might win all 3 & if we beat Portugal 3 teams might be on 3 Points & GD will matter.

Anyways RVP must not play as ST. If he plays,there is no chance. We are not talking about Hummels' Dortmund which is rubbish in European Competitions. This is German NT. RVP can play LW or RW but Hunter has to start as ST. We need Goals.

I hope Mark Van Bommel is sacrificed,but being Captain & Bert's son-in-law he will 100% Law. I still feel we need Strootman. *Bleep* You Bert for not selecting Clasie. *You killed a "Golden" Generation*

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:Huntelaar was playing with a broken nose & we played Babel & Kuyt in the wings & Sneijder was off key,Braafheid ws LB,the match was played in Germany & it was friendly.

This is not Schalke. Huntelaar will have Sneijder & if Robben choses to be a Team player then Robben. Those are Top Quality Supports.

Other than that I think if you want to play Hunter,play to his strengths. He needs a Winger who can provide him crosses. Either Narsingh of Kuyt has to play or Robben has to play at LW & told to cross.

Because Huntelaar is absolute beast aerially & 8 out of 10 he would easily beat Badstuber & Hummels. But we dont play ANY aerial plays,or hardly any.

I dont know what Bert will do. He has promised attacking football. We score or we concede. We are pushed to a wall. There is no escape now. To be sure,we need 2 wins.

Ohh & if they win we loose be out if Portugal beat Denmark. In that case Germany might win all 3 & if we beat Portugal 3 teams might be on 3 Points & GD will matter.

Anyways RVP must not play as ST. If he plays,there is no chance. We are not talking about Hummels' Dortmund which is rubbish in European Competitions. This is German NT. RVP can play LW or RW but Hunter has to start as ST. We need Goals.

I hope Mark Van Bommel is sacrificed,but being Captain & Bert's son-in-law he will 100% Law. I still feel we need Strootman. *Bleep* You Bert for not selecting Clasie. *You killed a "Golden" Generation*

Germany didn't have Lahm and Schweinsteiger.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Two ideas on the Dutch lineup against Germany...

First of all, Van Persie had a bad game against Denmark. He wasted a few chances that he would have buried for Arsenal. That doesn't make him a poor player. He looked rusty (hard to imagine with the season only ending several weeks ago, but a tournament and a season are very different competitions). Dropping him completely would be a mistake. He's a more complete player than Huntelaar, and can bring other aspects to the Dutch game than the more traditional target man. Playing RVP on the LW instead of Afellay has its advantages. Afellay didn't have a brilliant showing against Denmark, either. He seemed to lack the cutting edge he had in the warm-ups and really showed the large gulf in class between the likes of Denmark, Germany and Portugal and Northern Ireland and Slovakia. Let him be a potential impact sub, coming off the bench if needed. RVP for Arsenal would receive the ball in all sorts of attacking areas, and he could make opportunities for other players making late runs. He also has a decent cross in him, making him a viable option to play with Huntelaar.

Another option is to keep Afellay on the LW, play RVP behind Huntelaar as a deeper striker/AM (where Sneijder played against Denmark), and play Sneijder as a CM alongside Van Bommel. This is a risky formation, as it sacrifices a positionally disciplined DM for a traditional CAM accustomed to a free role. With Holland's already shaky defense, this has the potential to fail spectacularly. However, it has the advantage of putting your most creative and dangerous attacking personnel on the field together. It might just be worth the risk. The Dutch essentially have to win out to secure a place in the knockout stages. With this in mind, it makes sense to "go for broke" and run out what is likely the most intimidating attacking lineup in the tournament.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeamsvilleGooner Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:06 pm

How can you say easy win? Consider the strength of the Dutch attack, who admittedly looked very "normal" yesterday. I predicted Germany to win the Euros, but this could easily be a low-scoring draw. I don't think it would be a HUGE upset either, if they win. Maybe a slight edge to Germany, but only slight.

The Messiah wrote:Easy win for Germany I'm sorry for the Dutch

BeamsvilleGooner
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://lastwordonsports.com/category/twoleftcleats/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:10 pm

Kizu wrote:
Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:Huntelaar was playing with a broken nose & we played Babel & Kuyt in the wings & Sneijder was off key,Braafheid ws LB,the match was played in Germany & it was friendly.

Germany didn't have Lahm and Schweinsteiger.

We missed Van Persie,Robben,Van Der Vaart,Afellay, Sneijder had an injury & Hunterlaar played with a broken nose.

And its accepted fact that Germany have far Superior Depth. Schweni is not much a loss as this season after his 1st injury he has been consistently average & Kroos has been better. So Kroos playing was probably an advantage.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next