Dante
Art Morte
Onyx
totaalvoetbal
Madvillain
33 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Group B: Netherlands vs Denmark discussion Empty Group B: Netherlands vs. Denmark

Post by Madvillain Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:53 am

Today's first game will be between The Netherlands and Denmark. The game will be played starting 18:00 CET. Please share your thoughts.

Netherlands Group B: Netherlands vs Denmark discussion NED VS. Group B: Netherlands vs Denmark discussion DEN Denmark

Stadium
Metalist Stadium, Kharkiv (UKR)

Referee
Damir Skomina (SVN)

Assistant referees
Primož Arhar (SVN)
Matej Žunič (SVN)

Fourth official
Pavel Kralovec (CZE)

Additional assistant referees
Matej Jug (SVN)
Slavko Vinčić (SVN)

23-man Holland Euro 2012 Squad:

Goalkeepers: Maarten Stekelenburg (AS Roma), Michel Vorm (Swansea), Tim Krul (Newcastle).

Defenders: Khalid Boulahrouz (Stuttgart), John Heitinga (Everton), Joris Mathijsen (Malaga), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord), Wilfred Bouma (PSV Eindhoven), Gregory van der Wiel (Ajax), Jetro Willems (PSV Eindhoven).

Midfielders: Ibrahim Afellay (Barcelona), Mark van Bommel (AC Milan), Nigel de Jong (Manchester City), Stijn Schaars (Sporting Lisbon), Wesley Sneijder (Inter Milan), Kevin Strootman (PSV Eindhoven), Rafael van der Vaart (Tottenham).

Forwards: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke), Luuk de Jong (FC Twente), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool), Luciano Narsingh (Heerenveen), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich).
The Coach: Bert van Marwijk
23-man Denmark Euro 2012 Squad:

Goalkeepers: Stephan Andersen (Evian Thonon Gaillard), Anders Lindegaard (Manchester United), Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester City).

Defenders: Lars Jacobsen (FC Kobenhavn), Daniel Wass (Evian Thonon Gaillard), Daniel Agger (Liverpool), Simon Kjær (AS Roma), Andreas Bjelland (Nordsjælland), Simon Poulsen (AZ Alkmaar), Jores Okore (Nordsjælland).

Midfielders: Christian Poulsen (Evian Thonon Gaillard), Jakob Poulsen (Midtjylland), William Kvist (FC Nürnberg), Niki Zimling (Club Brugge), Thomas Kahlenberg (Evian Thonon Gaillard), Christian Eriksen (Ajax), Michael Silberbauer (BSC Young Boys), Lasse Schone (NEC Nijmegen).

Forwards: Dennis Rommedahl (Brondby IF), Nicklas Bendtner (Arsenal), Michael Krohn-Dehli (Brondby IF), Tobias Mikkelsen (FC Nordsjælland), Nicklas Pedersen (FC Groningen).
The Coach: Morten Olsen
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Group B: Netherlands vs Denmark discussion Empty Re: Group B: Netherlands vs Denmark discussion

Post by totaalvoetbal Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:36 am

Sneijder @ training yesterday:

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/2167731/cb6cdbab/geweldige_goal_sneijder.html
totaalvoetbal
totaalvoetbal
Prospect
Prospect

http://goingusa.waarbenjij.nu

Back to top Go down

Group B: Netherlands vs Denmark discussion Empty Group B: Netherlands vs Denmark discussion

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Netherlands vs Denmark discussion.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Group B: Netherlands vs Denmark discussion Empty Re: Group B: Netherlands vs Denmark discussion

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:06 pm

There's been very little talk about Denmark for a team that's actually as decent as they are. I guess that's what being underdogs in a group of death does to you. Does anyone believe they could surprise the Dutch tonight? As the game draws closer and closer, I get an increasing feeling that anything's certainly possible...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:16 pm

Of course anything is possible. They must play really smart though , if they go out to face them as equals and they not try to disturbe their football , they will pay for it against the Dutch.

Moreover , knowing Van Bommel , he will have a big say on the midfield battle and if Huntelaar/RVP can exploit the mistakes Denmark's suspect defence will most probably do , they will have problems.

On the other , the Dutch defence ain't anything out of this world either. It will be an open game , if Denmark play their cards right and wait for them.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:34 pm

"The Euros are much more difficult than the World Cup," Sneijder told reporters ahead of the game.

"You do not have teams in other continents against which you know you will get three points. There are strong teams.

"I feel good, I feel more than 100 per cent, I do not feel any pain, I can train, I can play matches and I am healthy and ready.

"This year I have not played much, I'm fine and I'm not as tired as two years ago. But I will have to wait until after the tournament to see if it was an advantage or not."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:43 pm

mtfootball wrote:
"The Euros are much more difficult than the World Cup," Sneijder told reporters ahead of the game.

"You do not have teams in other continents against which you know you will get three points. There are strong teams.

"I feel good, I feel more than 100 per cent, I do not feel any pain, I can train, I can play matches and I am healthy and ready.

"This year I have not played much, I'm fine and I'm not as tired as two years ago. But I will have to wait until after the tournament to see if it was an advantage or not."

Many have being saying that over the years really.. The Euros are of top difficulty when it comes to the 3 points . I believe this is correct , too .

Also , i've read somewhere that the next Euro will have 32 teams ; i can't recall if it's already official though or they just think of it ..
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Dante wrote:Also , i've read somewhere that the next Euro will have 32 teams ; i can't recall if it's already official though or they just think of it ..

Euro 2016 will have 24 teams in it, not 32. It's official, 24 teams from UEFA Euro 2016 in France.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:48 pm

matpol wrote:
Dante wrote:Also , i've read somewhere that the next Euro will have 32 teams ; i can't recall if it's already official though or they just think of it ..

Euro 2016 will have 24 teams in it, not 32. It's official, 24 teams from UEFA Euro 2016 in France.

oh , i see . I can't recall exactly when i read that , but must have been before it goes official , cause i am pretty sure i ve read 32 ; but whatever , i like this prospect of more teams . Means more games Twisted Evil
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Denmark defend by keeping the ball, we love to have possession a lot, and i have faith in Morten Olsen will get the tactics right for this game, because he is probably the most well-prepared national team coach, seriously it is ridiculous how well he prepares for every match. I can't remember we have ever tried to park the bus to win a game, we always try to play our own game and we don't settle for another approach.
On the positive side, we could have surprised Holland in the WC in '10, but unfortunately we made an awful own goal and from then we looked like a horrible team the rest of the tournament.
The team has gotten a lot stronger since then, Eriksen is now more mature and a better player, but the only thing that worries me is that Zimling got injured yesterday and won't play today, so we have to play Christian Poulsen pale
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Freeza wrote:Denmark defend by keeping the ball, we love to have possession a lot, and i have faith in Morten Olsen will get the tactics right for this game, because he is probably the most well-prepared national team coach, seriously it is ridiculous how well he prepares for every match. I can't remember we have ever tried to park the bus to win a game, we always try to play our own game and we don't settle for another approach.
On the positive side, we could have surprised Holland in the WC in '10, but unfortunately we made an awful own goal and from then we looked like a horrible team the rest of the tournament.
The team has gotten a lot stronger since then, Eriksen is now more mature and a better player, but the only thing that worries me is that Zimling got injured yesterday and won't play today, so we have to play Christian Poulsen pale

C.Poulsen ? and you are only worried Laughing

Jokes aside , it's great Denmark try their own football and we can only admire that ; but if your coach wants to get you out of this particular group stage , he must concede a bit .

Do you believe Denmark have the quality in their midfield , and defence in an extent , to deal with the pressing and up the pitch football Holland will bring?

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:07 pm

Dante wrote:
Freeza wrote:Denmark defend by keeping the ball, we love to have possession a lot, and i have faith in Morten Olsen will get the tactics right for this game, because he is probably the most well-prepared national team coach, seriously it is ridiculous how well he prepares for every match. I can't remember we have ever tried to park the bus to win a game, we always try to play our own game and we don't settle for another approach.

Jokes aside , it's great Denmark try their own football and we can only admire that ; but if your coach wants to get you out of this particular group stage , he must concede a bit .

Do you believe Denmark have the quality in their midfield , and defence in an extent , to deal with the pressing and up the pitch football Holland will bring?

We would have had the quality in midfield and defense, if Morten Olsen didn't insist on playing Simon Kjær instead of Andreas Bjælland all the time, it makes me rage.
Also the injury to Zimling probably means that our chances of progressing are non existent now Neutral
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:27 pm

Freeza wrote:
Dante wrote:

We would have had the quality in midfield and defense, if Morten Olsen didn't insist on playing Simon Kjær instead of Andreas Bjælland all the time, it makes me rage.
Also the injury to Zimling probably means that our chances of progressing are non existent now Neutral

i wouldn't say that yet , though i get the feeling , when the coach does make decisions against a nations will Laughing but i've learned to deal with it...

Anyway , i wouldn't write you off because of an injury , even if it is that important; it could as well turn out that it might be a blessing in disguise , assuming his absence on the pitch will make the team even more cautious and realistic.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:33 pm

Morten Olsen actually plays football because of his own will, it is not because the nation wants him to play like that, us danes only cares about winning, but Morten Olsen has always wanted to play a beautiful game of football.

Niki Zimling, reportedly still has a chance to play

Nicolai Boilesen has predicted a 1-1 result!
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:49 pm

"We know them a bit from two years ago,” Van der Wiel told Uefa.com. “But I also heard from [Denmark playmaker] Christian Eriksen that it's a different team now with a lot of young players in it.

“They have improved, so I think that we can expect to face a strong Denmark side who will want to win the game.”

Van der Wiel then went on to praise Ajax team-mate Eriksen, saying: “As a player he is amazing. He has good technique, always has his eye in for the right weight for the through ball, so it's just really nice to play with him.

“He's a very good player and, as a person he's fun and he's a calm guy. He never does anything crazy, he's a proper person."

Everton centre-back Heitinga agreed that the Danes will be no pushovers and stressed that three points in the first match are vital for his side.

"I think that Denmark have grown since our match against them two years ago," he said. "They play better as a team now, so I think it will be a good opening match in our group.

“Everybody expects us to win the game. We want to win, because it is important to take a good first step in the right direction at the Euros, but I don't think Denmark will be as easy to beat as they were two years ago.”

Heitinga went on to pick out Premier League opponent Nicklas Bendtner as Denmark’s biggest threat.

“I've played against Bendtner a few times this season, both in the league and the FA Cup,” the 28-year-old continued.

“He is a quality striker, big and strong, so you need to be sharp and awake. He is a player who likes to use his physical power, so you have to try and be one step ahead of him."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:50 pm

Freeza wrote:Morten Olsen actually plays football because of his own will, it is not because the nation wants him to play like that, us danes only cares about winning, but Morten Olsen has always wanted to play a beautiful game of football.

Niki Zimling, reportedly still has a chance to play

Nicolai Boilesen has predicted a 1-1 result!

Good luck then ! I like Denmark , hope you do well . I would like the Dannish NT even more if it weren't for Poulsen , but what can we do Laughing

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Netherlands line-up: Stekelenburg; van der Wiel, Heitinga, Vlaar, Willems; van Bommel, de Jong; Robben, Sneijder, Afellay; van Persie.

Denmark line-up: Andersen; Jacobsen, Kjaer, Agger, S. Poulsen; Zimling, Kvist; Rommedahl, Eriksen, Krohn-Dehli; Bendtner.

Last edited by matpol on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:09 pm

Well Zimling is starting anyways, which is quite funny since he was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance just yesterday

The Danish line-up

Stephan Andersen
Lars Jacobsen, Simon Kjær, Daniel Agger, Simon Poulsen
Niki Zimling, William Kvist
Dennis Rommedahl, Christian Eriksen, Michael Krohn-Dehli
Nicklas Bendtner

Still pains me to see Simon Kjær in there
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Freeza wrote:Well Zimling is starting anyways, which is quite funny since he was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance just yesterday

The Danish line-up

Stephan Andersen
Lars Jacobsen, Simon Kjær, Daniel Agger, Simon Poulsen
Niki Zimling, William Kvist
Dennis Rommedahl, Christian Eriksen, Michael Krohn-Dehli
Nicklas Bendtner

Still pains me to see Simon Kjær in there

Haven't seen Zimling play , will keep an eye on him today .

As for Rommedahl , doesn't Olsen have anyone better there.. i was highly not impressed during his time at Olympiacos Laughing

But national football is different , obviously . Actually , he was decent against Brazil , who knows.. Let's see.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Rommedahl is still alive? Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Rommedahl is by far one of our best players in the national team, he is still fast, and was probably our best player against portugal last year Very Happy
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by samcooke1991 Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Is Rommedahl still a decent player? Im a Charlton fan and not really heard anything about him since he left. Eriksen's a fantastic player but Holland still should be too much for them
samcooke1991
samcooke1991
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

http://www.oddslife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Netherlands: Stekelenburg; Van Der Wiel, Heitinga, Vlaar, Willems; De Jong, Van Bommel; Robben, Sneijder, Afellay; Van Persie

Denmark: Andersen; Jacobsen, Kjaer, Agger, S. Poulsen; Jorgensen, Eriksen, Zimling; Rommedahl, Bendtner, Krohn-Dehli

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:56 pm

Vlaar... That's ok.

Let's do this shit. Cool
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:28 pm

Ok.. that was.. unexpected
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next