lenear1030
Le Samourai
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
59 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager - Page 7 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager

Post by Red Alert Mon 13 May 2013, 10:03

To be fair, Arsenal does have a chance of winning the league next year. They need to sign leaders though. Their side lacks mentality...

And they should have money to spend now the Emirates is paid off, so signing them can be realistic. Add to that, everyone above them has just hired a new manager. lol

Doubt it though. Razz

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager - Page 7 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager

Post by McAgger Wed 25 Sep 2013, 19:55

Jogs our Manchester city center today before our match :bow: :bow:

Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager - Page 7 Article-2431961-1841FBA500000578-865_634x658
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri 22 Nov 2013, 20:37

I thought this was pretty cool

Everton v Liverpool: Martínez and Rodgers - how the managers compare
Garry Monk, the Swansea City defender who was captain under Roberto Martínez and Brendan Rodgers during their spells in charge, assesses the Merseyside derby rivals

Tactics
Roberto and Brendan are both very aggressive in their work. What I mean by that is they've got a vision of what they want and they put that across in a very forthright way, and when it's obvious that they believe in it so passionately, it rubs off on the players. They both want a passing and possession game but probably with different spins on it.

With Roberto, I think being in League One was perfect to implement his way of playing, whereby we could make mistakes and not get punished. Roberto cared more about our tactical game being on point rather than the opposition. For instance, we never really worked on set pieces, which we probably should have done. Of course that might well be different with him in the Premier League. It was very attack-minded with Roberto, which was good, but defensively we were probably a little bit too open at times, especially when we went into the Championship. But I think it was Roberto's belief that if we could impose ourselves on the opposition, we would win more games than we would lose.

With Brendan, the higher level we were playing and the better we were getting as a team, the more he tailored tactics to the individual sides that we were up against – that was especially the case in the Premier League. Brendan took us mentally, physically and tactically beyond the levels we had been at before.

Training
Roberto was always on the training field along with Graeme Jones, his assistant. And Brendan was the same, very hands on with the coaching and getting points across all through the week. They put on different sessions but they had the same philosophy: retain the ball. Graeme had a big influence with Roberto, whereby he designed a lot of the training sessions.

Brendan had Colin Pascoe, who had worked under Roberto as well. With British-style training sessions you might have a five-a-side and some possession with no real method behind it. But with Roberto and Brendan there was method behind everything we did. On a normal training session, you would touch a ball 200-300 times. In the training sessions they designed, you were getting 600-700 touches of the ball. The more touches you had of the ball, the more comfortable you became with it.

It was about gearing as much as possible on the training field to similar situations on the pitch, where you might play in tight areas. The one thing they both realised as well – and I think this is really important – was that they had players that wanted to do what they were asking them to do. It was a good environment to go and work in.

Man-management
Roberto had a real advantage because a lot of us had been his team-mates at Swansea before he took over as manager. Leon Britton, for instance, was his room-mate for a number of years. So Roberto knew how we worked and he knew us on a personal level as well. He was always easy to get on with. Paulo Sousa came in for a season in between and had a very different approach, so when Brendan took over it was like a breath of fresh air. He called me to the stadium on the day he was unveiled as manager and said: "You're going to be my captain and that won't change."

I'd never met him before but I knew from the first moment I spoke to him that he was going to be good for us. It was still difficult for me under him at times – when we got in the Premier League I was no longer first choice. But the way he spoke to me and treated me – I didn't agree with him on certain things but I respected him because he was honest, and that's the key element for me.

Towards the end of the last year with Brendan, I was talking to him about coaching, because of my age, and he invited me around to his house a few times to discuss life after playing. But I think he was like that with a lot of the lads. He was brilliant with us. He would go out of his way to help and not just because he felt it was going to help him with managing; he genuinely cared about what was going on in your life.

Matchday
Roberto would always name the team a couple of hours before the game. With Brendan, you got more of an idea earlier, because you would work on shape, or some kind of tactical session the day before, so you kind of knew more or less what the XI would be. In the dressing room they were both very calm and very clear in what they wanted to say, but with an undertone of "This is business" and "fall into line".

They're not ranters or ravers, they're not going to throw tea-cups but you know when they're not happy. With Roberto, you could tell because he would turn stern and you could see the anger in his face, even though he wouldn't convey it by shouting.

With Brendan, in training he would whistle to stop the session and then look at you. It was just a look. He would stare at you and wait an extra couple of seconds so that it was uncomfortable. If he felt that a player wasn't pulling his weight or wasn't giving his all, he wouldn't hesitate to single him out. But he did it in a way where he didn't alienate the player. He would do it so that the player knew he wasn't just letting down himself, he was letting down the whole group, so there would a positive reaction from that player.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri 22 Nov 2013, 20:57

Very good coach , I like Brendan Rodgers
Even when the results weren't good ( first half of last season )you could see a different Liverpool than previous year ( but lot of bad luck...)
I am not at all surprised about this PL
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun 24 Nov 2013, 00:51

Can't stand his smug post match interviews after they get a decent result. Comes across as full of himself. Other than that, he's doing well at LFc and is a good manager tbf to him.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun 24 Nov 2013, 01:41

Our former Reserves manager doing wonders...:coffee:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun 24 Nov 2013, 09:03

RED wrote:Can't stand his smug post match interviews after they get a decent result. Comes across as  full of himself. Other than that, he's doing well at LFc and is a good manager tbf to him.
Not saying he is (yet), but majority of the 'best' managers are/have been arrogant. I mean, the greatest coach in your history (and arguably the best British coach) was full of himself, is he a smug? lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon 25 Nov 2013, 01:14

Red Alert wrote:
RED wrote:Can't stand his smug post match interviews after they get a decent result. Comes across as  full of himself. Other than that, he's doing well at LFc and is a good manager tbf to him.
Not saying he is (yet), but majority of the 'best' managers are/have been arrogant. I mean, the greatest coach in your history (and arguably the best British coach) was full of himself, is he a smug? lol
Don't think Rodgers is arrogant Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue 26 Nov 2013, 04:07

He sort of is.

The fact that he wanted ALL control instead of help from a DoF before he was signed showed that. Fast-forward to now, and he has way too much in his boat for again, a some what inexperienced manager. Just hoping it doesn't affect Liverpool's performances on the pitch in the future.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue 26 Nov 2013, 05:23

I've watched 'Being Liverpool' a few times and he seems like a cool guy and a good manager.. Some of his speeches are funny though

For one pre game talk he said 'Trust yourself, your team mates, and your family.' What does trusting your family have to do with a football match? Laughing

He has a few others
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue 26 Nov 2013, 05:28

Red Alert wrote:He sort of is.

The fact that he wanted ALL control instead of help from a DoF before he was signed showed that. Fast-forward to now, and he has way too much in his boat for again, a some what inexperienced manager. Just hoping it doesn't affect Liverpool's performances on the pitch in the future.
As a Liverpool fan you'll know more than me but I'm sure all managers would prefer to do transfer dealing by themselves!

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue 26 Nov 2013, 06:10

I'm more worried about total control of the club. If he leaves one day, Liverpool will be in strife.

And a lot of Rodgers transfers have been hit or miss. He's also wasted a lot of money on youth that don't ever play.

I mean, Borini went for 10m. Allen 15m. Luis Alberto 7m. Ilori 7m. That's nearly 40m for people that sit on bench. That 40m could of improved the starting XI.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 26 Nov 2013, 06:36

@ Red Alert
McAgger wrote:Rodgers doesn't have direct control over transfers. We have a transfer committee that Rodgers is a part of. The committee essentially signs our players.

And they have done since last January

So Sturridge, Coutinho, Mignolet, Sakho, Kolo, Ilori, Alberto, Aspas are the committee's signings.

Rodgers only had total control when he took over and he failed pretty badly with Borini, Allen, Assaidi, Yesil, and Sahin on loan.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 06:49

McAgger wrote:@ Red Alert
McAgger wrote:Rodgers doesn't have direct control over transfers. We have a transfer committee that Rodgers is a part of. The committee essentially signs our players.

So Sturridge, Coutinho, Mignolet, Sakho, Kolo, Ilori, Alberto, Aspas are the committee's signings.

Rodgers only had total control when he took over and he failed pretty badly with Borini, Allen, Assaidi, Yesil, and Sahin on loan.
Who is on this committee
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue 26 Nov 2013, 09:15

@McAgger:

Iirc, the Liverpool documentary's (Being Liverpool) suggested that the committee signed both Assaidi and Sahin. I also don't blame whoever signed Sahin, I'm still quite pleased we got him in. Even if he "flopped" it showed that Liverpool could still attract WC talent. I think Sahin did quite well on the pitch too. The reason he flopped was because he wanted to play in his natural position which Gerrard occupied.

mr-r34 wrote:
McAgger wrote:@ Red Alert

Who is on this committee
The committee is made up of 4-5 people.

Tom Werner, obviously doesn't have much say but provides the cash.
Ian Ayre, negotiates the deals between the clubs for the players services.
There is obviously Rodgers, who suggests what players he needs and helps get the signing in.
There's a head scout, who gets all the information about a player and tries to get the best "fit" of what Rodgers asks.
And lastly, a head of performance, who's role deals with the medical fitness and training.

The committee just basically tries to find the best player available for Liverpool and discuss the potential transfer between each other. But I'm certain Rodgers gets the last word.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 26 Nov 2013, 09:58

Agree with this.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun 07 Jun 2015, 04:09

Can we all take a moment and celebrate his achievements? A treble is no easy feat. What a man, what a manager. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 07 Jun 2015, 16:22

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue 15 Sep 2015, 01:40

Klopp is interested in becoming Liverpool's manager (BILD)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 15 Sep 2015, 02:29

let's hope not

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 15 Sep 2015, 03:37

My man Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue 15 Sep 2015, 03:42

Never seen that photo of Garry Monk, he doesn't usually wear caps does he?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 15 Sep 2015, 03:43

You coming at me ES? Gtfo if you coming at me.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue 15 Sep 2015, 11:17

“When you’ve got the ball 65, 70 percent of the time it’s a football death for the other team. We’re not at that stage yet, but that’s what we’ll get to, it’s death by football”.

Death by football alright. Can't even string two passes in the final third together ffs. No

"We have to be more patient in the final third, you can’t score on every attack.”

quoted him from 2012 cause his comments in 2015 aren't any better and are still relevant today
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 15 Sep 2015, 18:19

El Shaarawy wrote:Klopp is interested in becoming Liverpool's manager (BILD)

NOOOOO!!! Please no Sad

KRAP (Keep Rodgers At 'Pool)

Young British manager, the next Shankley and all that. He needs more time. Pretty please.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed 16 Sep 2015, 11:46

Bullshit. You had your Moyes for a year.

We've suffered enough.

That's the problem with the two clubs. United has no acceptance of mediocrity and Liverpool just accepts it because "next year is ours" etc. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next