Adit
FalcaoPunch
VivaStPauli
NavJuve
Mr Nick09
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Player suspended for not singing National Anthem - Page 3 Empty Re: Player suspended for not singing National Anthem

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Now if it's like a song, then I don't see why he chose not to sing it.
Now if it's more like a prayer then I can see where he is coming from.

Like the fact that it's like mandatory here in the states in like middle-elementary school to recite the pledge of allegiance. Yet due to certain religions you can opt out of it.

FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Player suspended for not singing National Anthem - Page 3 Empty Re: Player suspended for not singing National Anthem

Post by free_cat Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:19 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:Not all Serbians are ultra-nationalists. Im sorry, you either dont know much about Serbians, or much about ultra-nationalism. Given which region you come from, I doubt it's the latter.

Off course not all serbians are ultra-nationalists. I said that since my first post. :facepalm:

But a majority of them are.

Otherwsie they wouldn't have elected as a president a guy who denies the Sebrenica Genocide:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/06/02/serbia-srebrenica-nikolic.html

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:05 pm

Let's put it this way, I am from Serbia, an Albanian who used to live there, among other 100 000+ Albanians who live in Serbia, in region known as Presheva Valley (outside Kosova). If i was that good that i get called by Serbian FA and provided that I accept, I would not sing the anthem. The anthems lyrics is all about glorifying Serbian nation, not Serbia's people, and some parts of the lyrics go hand to hand with the motos Serbians used during Serbian war against Croatians, Bosnians and Albanians. When Serbia is pushed by UN and other international institutions, they always try to show how the constitution and all their laws are equal to all citizens of Serbia (which is true in paper). The anthem is relic that does not follow 100% this rule, and as such is not liked by non-Serbs.

Just so you know, there are many minorities that live in Serbia (Albanians, Bosnians, Roma, Hungarians etc.), and anthem only sings about Serbs. Just think that the last war Serbia had against one of those nations (btw. predominantly muslim nation) was barely more than 10 years ago, so you could understand why some members of minority have not many fond emotions about the anthem.

I understand the rule, I also understand Lajic not wanting to sing it.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3