Special treatment to national player in their leagues.

+2
Ganso
Nirgall
6 posters

Go down

Special treatment to national player in their leagues. Empty Special treatment to national player in their leagues.

Post by Nirgall Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:21 pm

Have any of you noticed (and maybe, like me, resented) the special treatment national players get in the big leagues? By that, I mean the english in the premier, spaniards in la liga, Italians in Seria A, etc.

It's an easily recognizable pattern that gets ignored because both the locals fans and Media (That shape the way footballers are seen and actively contribute to this bias) are the only ones that could bring attention to this topic, but are also the culprits of this problem.

Lets see how this distorted vision and correspondent treatment of playes affects football clubs and leagues.

Let's start with Casillas, and how him being dropped caused (or greatly contributed) to the forced departure of Mourinho (a manager  to whom everything was tolerated untill that point). When, the at the time, manager of Real Madrid, decided to excersice his right as a manager to pick one goal keeper over the other all the tolerance that the madrid press and fans have offered suddenly dissapeared. He had been defended even for poking the eye of an assistance coach, but doing something as simple and legit as changing one player from another on the starting eleven, put the entire fanbase against him. And that was so despite the new keeper performing better than the one before.

Lets also think about Rooney, and how patient and tolerant has been the manchester united fan base to his, not first, but second attempt to force a transfer, even after previous attempts got him a considerable pay rise, placing him among the highest paid footballers in world. That is despite not showing the quality and consistent performances that those players offer.

There are many other examples I will continue to write once I fince myself in a moment with more time in my hands. Maybe you can contribute more of your own.

Last edited by Nirgall on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Special treatment to national player in their leagues. Empty Re: Special treatment to national player in their leagues.

Post by Ganso Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:31 pm

Illaramendi comes to mind.its a joke how the spanish media is protecting him while he would be getting destroyed if he was a foreigner.i mean, they are blaming his situation on stress.Punto pelota licking his and isco's arse till no end Laughing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Special treatment to national player in their leagues. Empty Re: Special treatment to national player in their leagues.

Post by Adit Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Ganso wrote:Illaramendi comes to mind.its a joke how the spanish media is protecting him while he would be getting destroyed if he was a foreigner.i mean, they are blaming his situation on stress.Punto pelota licking his and isco's arse till no end Laughing
what are you on about? so Illaramendi should get destoyed in press for being Injured? what kind of logic is this.

in before you pull Marca,they are speculating his Thigh Injury is not healing because of mental stress.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:11 pm

Illarramendi's been injured and it's believable that stress is part of the problem.

In terms of Casillas, well the fans weren't happy with Mourinho when he did other things as well.

Being from the same country might partly influence the fans/media's decision, however I wouldn't say fully.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:15 pm

The only reason they are quoting stress is because he came back too quickly because he was eager to impress

but if this logic is true then I wonder why Ramos keeps getting yellow cards that shouldn't be just because his rep or why Pepe has been widely protected by the media despite some of the stuff he has done

I dont think this is true sorry
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:18 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:The only reason they are quoting stress is because he came back too quickly because he was eager to impress

but if this logic is true then I wonder why Ramos keeps getting yellow cards that shouldn't be just because his rep or why Pepe has been widely protected by the media despite some of the stuff he has done

I dont think this is true sorry
Pepe started to be protected the day he decided that siding with Casillas was the right move for his future prospects in madrid.

And ramos is player that looses his temper and applies excessive force all too often. His yellow cards are simply a result of that.

Another example of national bias would be Gerrard Diving being ignored while other foreigners were crucified.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:14 pm

Adit wrote:
Ganso wrote:Illaramendi comes to mind.its a joke how the spanish media is protecting him while he would be getting destroyed if he was a foreigner.i mean, they are blaming his situation on stress.Punto pelota licking his and isco's arse till no end Laughing
what are you on about? so Illaramendi should get destoyed in press for being Injured? what kind of logic is this.

in before you pull Marca,they are speculating his Thigh Injury is not healing because of mental stress.
I never said he should be getting destroyed by the media, i said he would be and thats the truth.Stress, please Laughing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:47 pm

Lol you arent trying to compare kaka and illara are you?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down