Adit
FalcaoPunch
VivaStPauli
NavJuve
Mr Nick09
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Player suspended for not singing National Anthem - Page 2 Empty Re: Player suspended for not singing National Anthem

Post by harhar11 Tue May 29, 2012 8:25 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
Zealous wrote:Messi should be banned from Argentina too.

It wouldn't make a difference honestly :coffee:

The manager AND the players(including ljajic) had agreed to sing the national anthem as to install some national pride into the squad, ljajic failed to do his part of the agreement, so I dont understand what messi has got to do with this, unless you are so totally obsessed with him....

And that it wouldnt make a difference :Facepalm:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Player suspended for not singing National Anthem - Page 2 Empty Re: Player suspended for not singing National Anthem

Post by Vibe Tue May 29, 2012 8:50 am

I like Mihajlovic's strict policy cause our discipline was never the best and it affected our performance.But I'm 100% with Ljajic on this one...He's muslim FFS,why force this down his throat...Religion must be respected.

Also comments on Serbia in this thread... :facepalm:

Last edited by Vibe on Tue May 29, 2012 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 29, 2012 8:51 am

@Vibe, what is so controversial in your NT anthem that it offends his religion?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue May 29, 2012 9:17 am

Vibe wrote:I like Mihajlovic's strict policy cause our discipline was never the best and it affected our performance.But I'm 100% with Ljajic on this one...He's muslim FFS,why force this down his throat...Religion must be respected.

Disagreed. Religious don't have any reason to be respected more than any other belief.

Also disagree, comments on Serbia in this thread are accurate. Obviously not all Serbs are the same, but only some years ago there was a bloody war because of Serbian nationalism and after that Serbia was not collaborating enough to hand the responsibles to the international court.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue May 29, 2012 9:20 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:@Vibe, what is so controversial in your NT anthem that it offends his religion?
There is nothing in the Serbian NT anthem which would offend Islam in particular. There is, however, a political situation that could make a Muslim reluctant to honor the national anthem in the same way an 'ethnic' Serb would. Essentially, the Serb identity and the strong nationalism in Serbia has a deep connection with the Serbian Orthodox church. During the conflicts in the region many Serbs went around the region killing in the name of God with many of the victims being Muslims and desecrating mosques as well.

This type of nationalism with religious roots continues to stagnate progress in the region.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue May 29, 2012 9:45 am

NavJuve wrote:Ljajic :bow:

Serbia :facepalm: :facepalm:
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Tue May 29, 2012 10:50 am

When Miha took the post he had players sign "contracts" (so to speak) that laid down guidelines for all of his pupils to follow, if they didn't want to sign the contracts they could go home, if they broke any of the guidelines in the contracts they could go home. One of those stipulations was that the players sing the national anthem before every games, no exceptions. Why? Because what is Serbian football but a few talented players on the teamsheet and mass of lackluster, crap performances these days? He wants guys that are going to go all in for the flag, and I support him in that plight.

Little petulant jackass here signed on the dotted line and then blatantly disregarded his oath, knowing damn well what he was doing in the process, knowing he was going to wind up Miha to a massive extent. See ya, Adem, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue May 29, 2012 11:28 am

justdoit_ wrote:When Miha took the post he had players sign "contracts" (so to speak) that laid down guidelines for all of his pupils to follow, if they didn't want to sign the contracts they could go home, if they broke any of the guidelines in the contracts they could go home. One of those stipulations was that the players sing the national anthem before every games, no exceptions. Why? Because what is Serbian football but a few talented players on the teamsheet and mass of lackluster, crap performances these days? He wants guys that are going to go all in for the flag, and I support him in that plight.
Be that as it may, I still find it difficult to see how forcing one to learn and sing a song will change anything. As already stated Serbia is full of nationalists. If this is a matter of playing for the flag then I doubt you'd be able to find as many people as passionate for that as the Serbs.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Tue May 29, 2012 11:47 am

What would happen if let's say a foreigner coaches Serbia, let's say a German, would they sue him too for not singing the National Anthem?

Or what if an Albanian/Bosnian plays for the Serbian NT, would they sue him too?

It's nonsense, half of the German NT and Swiss NT are foreigners and no one orders you to sing the National anthem
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue May 29, 2012 12:23 pm

free_cat wrote:
Vibe wrote:I like Mihajlovic's strict policy cause our discipline was never the best and it affected our performance.But I'm 100% with Ljajic on this one...He's muslim FFS,why force this down his throat...Religion must be respected.

Disagreed. Religious don't have any reason to be respected more than any other belief.

Also disagree, comments on Serbia in this thread are accurate. Obviously not all Serbs are the same, but only some years ago there was a bloody war because of Serbian nationalism and after that Serbia was not collaborating enough to hand the responsibles to the international court.

Thank you for you insight on Serbia,I'm sure the media has thoroughly explored the truth,summed it up and wrote it so kindly in newspapers so idiots like you can write something like this.Much apreesh.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Tue May 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
justdoit_ wrote:When Miha took the post he had players sign "contracts" (so to speak) that laid down guidelines for all of his pupils to follow, if they didn't want to sign the contracts they could go home, if they broke any of the guidelines in the contracts they could go home. One of those stipulations was that the players sing the national anthem before every games, no exceptions. Why? Because what is Serbian football but a few talented players on the teamsheet and mass of lackluster, crap performances these days? He wants guys that are going to go all in for the flag, and I support him in that plight.
Be that as it may, I still find it difficult to see how forcing one to learn and sing a song will change anything. As already stated Serbia is full of nationalists. If this is a matter of playing for the flag then I doubt you'd be able to find as many people as passionate for that as the Serbs.
I can honestly see both sides of the coin, I'm pretty ambivalent to the actual rule itself.

To me, more than anything, this issue is about a direct command from a superior and Little Petualant Jackass taking strides to pull the trollmask over his face.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue May 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Fergie taking notes. Instead of pretending Rooney or Rio are injured to get out of playing international games, he'll just instruct them not to sing the national anthem
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue May 29, 2012 3:20 pm

lawl it's a song ffs
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 29, 2012 3:22 pm

This is interesting to say the least. I'm really on the fence for this one. Think the only thing I could say safely (given what Justdoit_ wrote is true) is that if Adem knew the rules and didn't approve of the singing of the anthem, then he shouldn't have signed up for it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue May 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Doc wrote:This is interesting to say the least. I'm really on the fence for this one. Think the only thing I could say safely (given what Justdoit_ wrote is true) is that if Adem knew the rules and didn't approve of the singing of the anthem, then he shouldn't have signed up for it.
OT: Your sig. Its magic! What a Face
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 29, 2012 5:36 pm

Nothing wrong with them sending him home because he broke the rule.

But it's a stupid rule in the first place.

So yes, this is wrong. I do at least understand their reasoning for sending him home though-breaching their contract...but it's still a stupid rule anyway.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Gotta say...I think it's a bit dumb.

He's there to play football , not sing a song, and from what I saw, he does that very well.

Someone needs to help this guy out, he is talented.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue May 29, 2012 6:01 pm

Well, if it is a rule...
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue May 29, 2012 6:05 pm

I would sing it anyways. If I was selected to be representing that country in a tournament as prestigious as the Euros, you can bet that I would swallow my pride and sing the anthem, even if i didn't feel any emotional attachment/ national pride.

It's a huge honor to be representing the country. If he doesn't want to sing it, he shouldn't be playing with that NT in the first place imo.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue May 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Vibe wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Thank you for you insight on Serbia,I'm sure the media has thoroughly explored the truth,summed it up and wrote it so kindly in newspapers so idiots like you can write something like this.Much apreesh.

What is the truth? Serbia nationalism didn't start wars with Eslovenia/Croatia/Bosnia/Kosovo?

Please, enlighten me. Maybe all the international press, observers and courts are wrong.

Last edited by free_cat on Tue May 29, 2012 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue May 29, 2012 6:20 pm

What the f*ck does Srebrenica have to do with this? Singing a National Anthem? Vibe only showed his disappointment with the impression people had of his country because people were saying that they are all ultra-nationalists and the like.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue May 29, 2012 6:29 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:What the f*ck does Srebrenica have to do with this? Singing a National Anthem? Vibe only showed his disappointment with the impression people had of his country because people were saying that they are all ultra-nationalists and the like.

But the point is that they are.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed May 30, 2012 9:18 am

Not all Serbians are ultra-nationalists. Im sorry, you either dont know much about Serbians, or much about ultra-nationalism. Given which region you come from, I doubt it's the latter.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed May 30, 2012 9:44 am

It's a song that's apart of the national team you are representing.

We understand that this is football but we shouldn't sing just play z
But the big picture is that the guy was the only person on the team to refuse to sing for what 30 seconds?

He was being primadonna and if it was because of his religion even a bigger primadonna
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed May 30, 2012 10:05 am

ColoJunior wrote:It's a song that's apart of the national team you are representing.

We understand that this is football but we shouldn't sing just play z
But the big picture is that the guy was the only person on the team to refuse to sing for what 30 seconds?

He was being primadonna and if it was because of his religion even a bigger primadonna

It's called "Boze Pravde" or "God,give us justice".It is known as the Serbian national prayer...If a man of another religion won't sing it,I can only respect his decision.It's how I see it...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed May 30, 2012 12:46 pm

Now if it's like a song, then I don't see why he chose not to sing it.
Now if it's more like a prayer then I can see where he is coming from.

Like the fact that it's like mandatory here in the states in like middle-elementary school to recite the pledge of allegiance. Yet due to certain religions you can opt out of it.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next