johniet
Yuri Yukuv
LWL91
The_ItalianFool
Juveman17
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Juventus vs Napoli Coppa Italia Final Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Juventus vs Napoli Coppa Italia Final Thread

Post by juvealbanian Sun May 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Del Piero >> any coppa or scudetto because he gave his life and spirit to won those scudettos and coppa's!!!
He is a legend and deserved to play since 1st min.He did better than Borrielo or Vidal...

juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Juventus vs Napoli Coppa Italia Final Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Juventus vs Napoli Coppa Italia Final Thread

Post by Juveman17 Sun May 20, 2012 4:02 pm

LWL91 wrote:
juveman17 wrote:
LWL91 wrote:
Luca wrote:Matri has not been first choice for ages.
Nothing near that formation has ever been used.

Conte allows players like Storari and Esti to get their minutes during the coppa, out of respect he did not change that for the final.

Del Piero deserved this start.

He did NOT. He is NOT good enough anymore and NOT lethal on free kicks as i have seen him hit that wall so many times, if not every time an opportunity is presented to him.. All i am saying, and this is not because of the loss to napoli, is that ADP is not good enough anymore and he should not be a starter, not in the coppa, never. ADP is a sub and on one side i am happy he will move now as he can only wash away our memory of the real King Alex. Even Elia would have been better up front today - he's got pace for anything..

stop being such an ass. Really? Is that the way you treat your captain for 19 years? I don't blame Conte fro starting Del Piero. You my friend need to learn something called RESPECT. Are you blaming the Coppa loss on Del Piero? Really?

I treat my captain with bigger respect then you when you field him and know he will not be able to hurt Napoli. I actually predicted a loss today, now didn't I? This post is a little insulting to me as you are telling me about respect in a manner this forum does not accept. However, I know about respect and that was exactly what we game him in the last serie a game of the season. Ofc Alex should be played today but from the start? We COULD have won it with a more aggressive frontline but who knows. I'm saying ADP is not the player he once was and that he should not be considered the ADP of 5 years ago.

When have I or anyone else on this forum stated that he is still the Del Piero of five years ago? He's a 37 year old man. I'm not expecting him to out run players. Im saying that you should stop complaining about starting Del piero. conte started Esti, didnt play Vucinic, and started Borrielo and Storari. You could argue that he shouldn't have started Esti or Storari but he did that out of respect to the players. I would have a different view on this had this been our only trophy, but I will still stand by Del Piero starting.

The team played like crap. Vidal did bad, Borrielo did bad, bonucci did bad letting that hamsik goal get passed him, there are so many things that can be blamed today for a loss and Ale starting isnt one of them
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Sun May 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Obviously i am offending people here for saying Ale is not good enough as a starter. I am not a coach but neither are you. People here dont read all you post in a thread and just to make sure i am not misunderstood i would like to state that I DO NOT blame the loss on Ale. I would NOT play ale from the start but he could be a proper sub depending on the way the game turned out. Do you think Mourinho would play anyone and put a player over a title? Do you think ADP himself would like to play when he obviously know he is not good enough anymore? Neither Pirlo not Del Piero is that good at freekick everybody believes they are. Have a look at Real Madrid and CR7 and tell me w have good freekick takers when we have only scored once in a whole season? I love my team just as much as you do and im very happy with the scudetto, this discussion in entirely a debate about the starting XI antonio conte chose ahead of our loss to napoli :coffee:
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sun May 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Start thinkin of solutions .. better thank arguing. Who will be our next #10?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 20, 2012 4:15 pm

salmano9 wrote:Start thinkin of solutions .. better thank arguing. Who will be our next #10?

Buffon hopefully

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Sun May 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Luca wrote:
salmano9 wrote:Start thinkin of solutions .. better thank arguing. Who will be our next #10?

Buffon hopefully

And then Giovinco could be number 1 drunken
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Giovinco taking #10 would be like spitting on the shirt and I'm a Giovinco fan. He just isn't worthy :coffee:

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun May 20, 2012 4:23 pm

They were tired ... Pepe and Borriello were our best players there... YES BORRIELLO !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanobada Sun May 20, 2012 6:16 pm

LWL91 wrote:Obviously i am offending people here for saying Ale is not good enough as a starter. I am not a coach but neither are you. People here dont read all you post in a thread and just to make sure i am not misunderstood i would like to state that I DO NOT blame the loss on Ale. I would NOT play ale from the start but he could be a proper sub depending on the way the game turned out. Do you think Mourinho would play anyone and put a player over a title? Do you think ADP himself would like to play when he obviously know he is not good enough anymore? Neither Pirlo not Del Piero is that good at freekick everybody believes they are. Have a look at Real Madrid and CR7 and tell me w have good freekick takers when we have only scored once in a whole season? I love my team just as much as you do and im very happy with the scudetto, this discussion in entirely a debate about the starting XI antonio conte chose ahead of our loss to napoli :coffee:

Im not understanding where ADP , Pirlo , and CR7 free kicks are relevant ?
stefanobada
stefanobada
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Mon May 21, 2012 1:08 am

LWL91 wrote:Obviously i am offending people here for saying Ale is not good enough as a starter. I am not a coach but neither are you. People here dont read all you post in a thread and just to make sure i am not misunderstood i would like to state that I DO NOT blame the loss on Ale. I would NOT play ale from the start but he could be a proper sub depending on the way the game turned out. Do you think Mourinho would play anyone and put a player over a title? Do you think ADP himself would like to play when he obviously know he is not good enough anymore? Neither Pirlo not Del Piero is that good at freekick everybody believes they are. Have a look at Real Madrid and CR7 and tell me w have good freekick takers when we have only scored once in a whole season? I love my team just as much as you do and im very happy with the scudetto, this discussion in entirely a debate about the starting XI antonio conte chose ahead of our loss to napoli :coffee:

I think your views are spot on and I agree with them
ADP is possibly going to be the biggest legend in Juve history. Hes a true champion.
But hes no longer starting material and he shouldnt have started today.

Theres sentiment and then theres realism. It seems like the boundary between the two has been blurred or pushed in one direction for most people here. And while thats understandable that people feel sentimental, noone can take away from the fact that picking a team on SENTIMENT alone is not the way to win a final.

I agree with LWL - ADP not good enough to start.

And dont even get me started with Boriello... and someone here said Boriello was our best player?? thats possibly the most stupid thing Ive heard while being on this forum (and thats saying something)

All in all - we lost the game, and we deserved to. We didnt pick the best XI to play in the field today. Noone had a particularly good game today. Anyone who knows anything about football can see that. But I suppose youre allowed 1 loss in 43 games Smile

Theres no taking away from the great season weve had. Well done Conte - I dont always think your decisions are always right, but the truth is - I cant think of a better man for Juve. Kudos. Our boys can all pat themselves on the back. Its been a priviledge calling myself a Juve fan.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Mon May 21, 2012 2:08 am

stefanobada wrote:

People here believe Alex is the best sub ever. They believe Alex can score every time the free kick opportunity presents itself. Im stating that we have only scored on one freekick this season, that we (ADP+Pirlo) are not world class in this art. ADP is good for several things but even though you would think he's still got the killer instinct i must admit it has faded a lot. CR7 is the worlds best freekick taker and if you watch Real Madrid just a couple of times you would know both the power and precision he is shooting with is way above our captains! Thats a statement on the ADP valuation..
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon May 21, 2012 10:01 am

Forza Juve none the less..
Well done Napoli!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon May 21, 2012 12:55 pm

LWL91 wrote:
stefanobada wrote:

People here believe Alex is the best sub ever. They believe Alex can score every time the free kick opportunity presents itself. Im stating that we have only scored on one freekick this season, that we (ADP+Pirlo) are not world class in this art. ADP is good for several things but even though you would think he's still got the killer instinct i must admit it has faded a lot. CR7 is the worlds best freekick taker and if you watch Real Madrid just a couple of times you would know both the power and precision he is shooting with is way above our captains! Thats a statement on the ADP valuation..

Never said ADP was this "amazig sub". He is a step up from any of our other becnh players when you want a player t make an impact last 20 min. Thats something you cannot deny. Never said alex would score every nor most of the free kicks presented but he is very good at it. And clearly it has faded, he is a 37 year old man as i have said before. Alex is the best bench player we have in terms of impact off the bench. Quag isn't as proved against napoli and other games, matri usually needs to start to have any impact (exception vs milan) and borrielo needs playing time as well.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5