+5
Cotes
Lynx100
SuperClaudio
Juveman17
DeviAngel
9 posters

Go down

Coppa Italia final will be my last game for Juventus, confirms Del Piero  Empty Coppa Italia final will be my last game for Juventus, confirms Del Piero

Post by DeviAngel Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:15 am

Alessandro Del Piero has admitted that the Coppa Italia final with Napoli on May 20 remains his last match for Juventus after revealing that no contract extension has been forthcoming.

The Old Lady announced earlier in the season that the 2011-12 campaign would be the last for the 37-year-old after 19 years on the club's books, and while there have been calls from fans to see their talisman stay put, the forward is not holding his breath.

"For now, as things stand, the Coppa Italia final with Napoli on May 20 will be my last game for Juventus because my contract expires in June. But I prefer to think about the present.

"The affection that the fans have shown me each and every day is incredible. Then what will happen, will happen," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"[Referring to the 4-0 win over Novara], today is a moment so delicate and beautiful, and it should not to be confused with other things such as my future."

Del Piero then reflected on how it feels being regarded as a Juve symbol, while he also urged Italian football to take a leaf out of England's book if they are to avoid a repeat of last weekend's unsavoury incident at the Marassi, which saw Genoa ultras force the team's players to remove their jerseys.

"Being a club symbol means a lot to me. It means being responsible and giving out a positive message both on and off the field," he continued.

"We - clubs, players and state law enforcement - must take all of the necessary steps forward [to stamp out a hooligan culture].

"Today the benchmark is not Italy [in this regard], it is British football."
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Coppa Italia final will be my last game for Juventus, confirms Del Piero  Empty Re: Coppa Italia final will be my last game for Juventus, confirms Del Piero

Post by Juveman17 Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:29 am

Sad please don't leave! But he keywords saying "as things stand" so idk yet.........

dont leave ADP you legend! SadSadSad
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Coppa Italia final will be my last game for Juventus, confirms Del Piero  Empty Re: Coppa Italia final will be my last game for Juventus, confirms Del Piero

Post by DeviAngel Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:46 am

</3 My heart is broken, my idol will soon be gone, he is 'my Juve', he thought me what Juve is... I mean ADP.. dunno what to do really or say ....I can't ,we can't let you go like this its not fair Sad u are ...............
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:28 am

it really isn't fair...........he wanted to stay and the club denied him that. I seriously hope those fans in Torino give him a spectacle that nobobdy will ever forget Sad Not fair at all im just disgraced that Juventus would treat their legend of legends like that. No class juve no class.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:39 am

I still cant believe it that Conte, Agnelli and Marotta stand in defiance like this. doesn't look like Conte wants Del piero around, probably still jealous and angry for losing the captaincy, Agnelli wants his "new era" without the king of Torino in it. And im sure Marotta wouldn't want Del Piero taking his precious job. Upset on the way he is being treated. Del Piero has something all three of these guys don't have. That's class.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperClaudio Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:12 am

I think it has more to do with the project of 'building a new Juve'. It isn't really matter of jealousy on Conte's part. Plus, he isn't the type of guy to hold those sorts of grudges anyways; if he doesn't like a player, he'll let them know.

Instead, I feel as if the higher-ups see Del Piero in a different light than your average Juventino. They probably think that he's done enough and that he's only going to serve as a distraction if they were hold on to him for another year. This, more than anything else, is the reason why Conte uses Del Piero so sparingly. The board members are well aware that ADP is Juve--more or less--and that his shadow will always loom large over the club as long as he remains on the roster. Getting rid of ADP/forcing him to retire will piss the Juventini off, but the board may also be concerned about his presence putting on added pressure on other, younger forwards in the club that are higher up in the pecking order. The whole "retirement" fiasco at the shareholders meeting earlier this season sort of confirmed some of this for me.

There's also the possibility of the man himself wanting to ply his trade elsewhere. Maybe ADP wants a year or two abroad and isn't content with a cameo role.
SuperClaudio
SuperClaudio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:13 am

ADP may well want to leave on a winning note
I dont blame him
I want him to stay as much as the next guy
But If it was ME and if I was leaving - I too would want to do it on a high

Scudetto and Coppa.. as a final swansong and goodbye...
Best way to see the greatest Juve player in recent history off.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:28 am

Sad
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:12 am

Disgraceful from the Juve board,that's no way to treat a legend.Yes he may be getting on but he can still be a huge assest to the club.He still pisses all over Matri and Borriello and the man is 37 ffs.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:41 am

this will be an unacceptable fact for many people; I bet that even haters like MATERRAZI will be sad about this situation

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:32 am

"For now, as things stand"

It's important to note this, I still believe he will get an extension.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperClaudio Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:39 pm

As lynx said, regardless of what happens I want my hero to go out on a winning note. And if the board were to offer him an extension, then they should be more respectful next year and allow the man to announce his retirement on his own terms. Nudging him more than halfway out the door midway through the season was appalling behavior to say the least.
SuperClaudio
SuperClaudio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by fenomenalex10 Sat May 05, 2012 3:46 am

Grande Capitano!
This man is a goal machine. Yeah he cant run as C. Ronaldo but he can score
a goal like C. Ronaldo cant... You will still be my idol no matter where you will be. Crying or Very sad

WHO WILL GO ON THE COPPA FINALS 20.5 ??? I SURE WILL, SO I CAN SEE HIM THE LAST TIME Sad
fenomenalex10
fenomenalex10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down