A Tribute To Josep Guardiola

+2
BarrileteCosmico
messixaviesta
6 posters

Go down

A Tribute To Josep Guardiola Empty A Tribute To Josep Guardiola

Post by messixaviesta Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Last night I couldn't discuss this because there was a feeling of such emptiness. It's like we are all part of a big family and the head of the family has decided to go away and is bidding good bye.

Now if I am asked what would I like to say to Pep after this announcement. Well I would mainly like to tell him that every single moment that he was our coach/manager, he made me proud, very very proud.

His kind of victories are rare for sure but his grace in defeat is rarer still. He didn't believe in blaming referees. He didn't think it was right to insult the honor of another club. He believed in the excellence of his team and his coaching rather than feeling the need to play mind games to weaken the opponent. Very rarely did he attack anyone personally and on the few occasions that happened, he had been pushed to the limit. No matter how much class and dignity he has he is after all a human being and every human being's patience has a limit.

We live in the world of money hungry mongers who hardly have any principles. So many coaches nowadays earn more from compensatory payouts than they do when they are on the job. Yet this man who had the world at his feet decided not to take a dime beyond his work tenure. It's quite simply unbelievable.

Yes we didn't always agree with you but most of the times you made us realize that you were right and we were wrong. A few times that you couldn't, well there isn't a champion, no matter how great, who is never defeated. As you yourself have said victory and defeat are both part of life and you can't always have the former.

Of course many wonder why you have decided to leave. My interpretation comes from your exact words. You said until and unless you felt 100% passionate and determined about doing the job day in day out, it didn't feel right to continue and it wasn't fair to the club. Actually you at 80% motivation would probably be better than someone else at 100% motivation. Still you have taken a decision and even here you have shown your class as you have done every single moment that you have spent with us. We totally respect it. It sure will hurt to see you lead another team even if it is a year later. If you can't return to Barcelona then I would rather see you in international football - especially as coach of Argentina. Come to think of it 2011-12 may have been your worst season but it was still better than 2006-07. We won more trophies, reached the semi final of UCL instead of bowing out in the second round and lost the league title to a much better team. Still I like you would wish that a 2007-08 or anything of it's like is never associated with you. Nothing should ever tarnish your legacy. Hence if you feel this is the right time to leave then so be it. You are of course the best judge.

Ultimately we are left with so many beautiful memories. The two outstanding UCL final victories, the three consecutive La Liga titles, the 2-6 and the 5-0, the treble, the hextuple, the moment when Messi, Xavi and Iniesta were the top three players in the world and you came out to present the award, the list goes on. It's not just the victories but equally or even more the respect and adulation that the team commanded in the eyes of the who's who of the football world. As for us fans what we witnessed day in and day out of the way the team played was just too wonderful to be described in words. Let me just say that those images will remain with all of us.

As for our players nearly every one of them have benefited from your guidance and support. They are outstanding players for sure but you knew how to bring out the very best of them. They will miss you but so will we.

I would like to end by saying that I feel blessed to have watched and supported this team for the last four years - the team that has such gems as Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, etc. and was led by a true master whose genius could only be surpassed by his dignity. Adios Pep. We say this with heavy hearts and our best wishes will always remain with you.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

A Tribute To Josep Guardiola Empty Re: A Tribute To Josep Guardiola

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Top post JD Thumbs up
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:25 am

:bow:
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:39 am

Excellent post. The world of football will miss him.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:36 am

THis will be the first of many threads of sympathy! It feels like a funeral... Sad Top post thoguh mate! Enjoy reading it and I agree about the comparison of 2011-12 and 2006-107 seasons.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:16 am

alfred, wind, gigg and paxton, thanks for the praise. I am glad you all liked it.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Great post.

But 2006-07 wasn't Rijkaard's last season at Barcelona's helm and one could argue Barcelona deserved to be champions that year. 2007-08 was Rijkaard's last season where they were indeed outperformed by Madrid and Villarreal while we are at it, but still managed to reach the semi-final of Champions League.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down