Rebaño Sagrado
Le Samourai
VanDeezNuts
I Have Mono
Onyx
74 posters

Page 15 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | News | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | News | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Le Samourai Sat May 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Hold it down, no one has put Scholes to shame.

Xabi makes alot of succesful tackles, Scholes ain't made a succesful tackle since Kindergarten.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | News | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | News | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Adit, yet despite his lack of agility he still does a lot of defensive work, and quite successfully if i may say. I am not disagreeing that he is not Usain Bolt, but what really hurt us is when he is being pressed to choking point by the opposition. if he was a more gifted player with the ball, even with that slow body he would get away with many things, and advanced more comfortably in the midfield. I mean, just look at Seedorf mate, it's not like Seedorf is an ferrari himself, but he has a way of driving and shielding the ball that comes down to sheer technique (he probably still have more speed on the run), but even in stopped position you can see the way he caresses the ball and put it out of reach for the opposing defenders.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sat May 19, 2012 2:58 pm

dont want modric. Vidal or Mvila/Lars would be better.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:Well if a good offer for Sahin comes in Mourinho might be tempted. Also Alonso isn't getting any quicker at his age.

Alonso's problem is not his quickness or agility ffs, it's his lack of ball technique. For some reason you have become obsessed with "quickness and agility", it means nothing at all. and quicker and more "agile" players arent necessarily better. Proper technique, close control and 1st touch >>>>> quickness or agility, that's a rather odd way to look at midfielders.

it's stupid to sell Sahin to go on to buy Modric for 35m. that's a stupid transfer right there.

Yeh usually player's who are agile are also good at ball control and dribbling.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 19, 2012 3:04 pm

mtfootball wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:Well if a good offer for Sahin comes in Mourinho might be tempted. Also Alonso isn't getting any quicker at his age.

Alonso's problem is not his quickness or agility ffs, it's his lack of ball technique. For some reason you have become obsessed with "quickness and agility", it means nothing at all. and quicker and more "agile" players arent necessarily better. Proper technique, close control and 1st touch >>>>> quickness or agility, that's a rather odd way to look at midfielders.

it's stupid to sell Sahin to go on to buy Modric for 35m. that's a stupid transfer right there.

That doesnt mean they are better players. We not looking for a replacement for Alonso are we? we are looking to compliment him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 19, 2012 3:10 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

That doesnt mean they are better players. We not looking for a replacement for Alonso are we? we are looking to compliment him.

Yeh it doesn't mean they're better, however having someone quick in midfield would help sometimes. Maybe a quick backup midfielder to replace Lass/any of our current backup midfielders.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 19, 2012 3:16 pm

we have Sahin, Alonso, Khedira we only need a player to compliment Alonso/Sahin. simple as that. You dont buy midfielders on the basis that they are "quick"
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat May 19, 2012 3:35 pm

"Some people only know football through Google, they swallow knowledge but they know nothing"

:bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 19, 2012 3:50 pm

However, the 24-year-old admitted to being in the dark over reports suggesting that Juve had met with his father and brother earlier in the week.

"I do not know anything about that," Higuain said to AS. "I read less and less papers because they tell a lot of lies and what I want is to enjoy Madrid's Primera Division title and distance myself from everything."

Higuain then spoke of his frustration at losing his place in Madrid's starting XI, and admitted that he is unsure about his future.

"This was a tough season. Honestly, I did not have many opportunities to play. But I am happy that we have won La Liga.

"It is harder for a striker not to play, that is the truth. Even more so because I live for this. When I am not playing, I suffer.

"I have come to Argentina to rest, we will see what happens. This was a very tough year for me."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat May 19, 2012 3:51 pm

Zealous wrote:"Some people only know football through Google, they swallow knowledge but they know nothing"

We reserve this for Jiopsi only :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 19, 2012 3:53 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:we have Sahin, Alonso, Khedira we only need a player to compliment Alonso/Sahin. simple as that. You dont buy midfielders on the basis that they are "quick"

There's players who are quick and good at other things too.

However if we don't sell Sahin, then we don't really need Modric.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat May 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Zealous wrote:"Some people only know football through Google, they swallow knowledge but they know nothing"

Mourinho's quotes. :bow:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat May 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Mou: I did not know about Barca's group stage opponents (BATE and Plzen), I had to Google them. :vagi:

Mr Nick09 wrote:
S32TABLANCA wrote:I would not trade Higuain for Yaya.

Or anyone for that matter.

we do "need" Yaya more than we do Higuain tho

Probably.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Festim Sat May 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Sell Higuain and buy Drogba for cheap
Mr. Festim
Mr. Festim
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun May 20, 2012 12:03 am

You know what? I really wouldnt mind. Higuain is so set on leaving? He can leave to wherever for 50 mil. We sign Drogba on a free transfer and give him mammoth wages (this might also require offloading Kaka). He would be willing to sit on the bench too, he offers a different dimension, has more mental resilience than a suicide bomber on crack, and old enough to leave enough space for Morata in a few years. :bow:

#drogs2madrid
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 20, 2012 12:12 am

How will we play in the CL next season? Park the bus or possession? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun May 20, 2012 12:21 am

does it have to be one or the other?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 20, 2012 12:26 am

Would we be able to do both?

I think PTB would be the safest, Mourinho's use to it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun May 20, 2012 12:36 am

Neither. Our usual fast attacking style, as balanced as possible, and whenever we want we can turn up the style if necessary.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun May 20, 2012 12:38 am

should make a bid for bossingwa Smile

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun May 20, 2012 12:40 am

also cahill.. - & cech as a backup to iker
maybe mikel too
eco smile

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun May 20, 2012 1:09 am

i hope youre joking dreadrave.

and @mt different situations call for different tactics. have we only parked the bus or only bossed possession this year? no. sometimes we ptb sometimes we posses, most times we are more balanced

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 20, 2012 1:11 am

Open games are too risky imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun May 20, 2012 1:37 am

mtfootball wrote:Open games are too risky imo.

Yeah, because that's when teams feel more comfortable against the Madrid attack, when it's a open game. Rolling Eyes
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 20, 2012 1:55 am

izzy wrote:

Yeah, because that's when teams feel more comfortable against the Madrid attack, when it's a open game. Rolling Eyes

And teams feel comfortable vs our defense when it's an open game too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun May 20, 2012 2:03 am

mtfootball wrote:
izzy wrote:

And teams feel comfortable vs our defense when it's an open game too.

Sure they do. An open game implies that chances are falling to both sides. I seriously doubt the opposing manager is thinking, 'hey, Madrid want a open game, lets go toe for toe against them, our attack can outscore theirs'.

The opposition has never tried an open game against us. It's usually a contain and pressure game, force mistakes, use possesion well, try and get in-behind the fullbacks.

This is why we have all been talking about a new CM and RB coming in.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 39  Next