milanfan7
dansik
McLewis
VivaStPauli
Senor Penguin
36 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Quran burning: Obama apologizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Quran burning: Obama apologizes

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 15:37

kiranr wrote:
ummm... what are you guys arguing about actually?
Quran burning: Obama apologizes - Page 3 Wwf

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Quran burning: Obama apologizes - Page 3 Empty Re: Quran burning: Obama apologizes

Post by zizzle Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 15:41

dansik wrote:
zizzle wrote:so you quote two unrelated replies discussing two unrelated topics and addressed for two different people and you got the nerve to call me hypocrite? this is as ridiculous as your figurative expression above

Where are the apologies from the Lebanese for killing the civilians?

and how does change the fact that the US should be apologizing ?

Raptorgunner wrote:
zizzle wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:This is the same country that will send a women to jail if she gets raped. :facepalm:

HAHAHA that's a typical north american reply from someone with limited knowledge of everything that doesnt revolve around baseball and mowing the lawn. You obviously got your countries mixed up raptor, do some research next time will you? luckily there's a big Lebanese population in here to share the laughs.

What you talking about? was I talking about Lebanon? you crack me up by your north American insults that really hurts you know.

my bad
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 15:53

zizzle wrote:
dansik wrote:
zizzle wrote:so you quote two unrelated replies discussing two unrelated topics and addressed for two different people and you got the nerve to call me hypocrite? this is as ridiculous as your figurative expression above

Where are the apologies from the Lebanese for killing the civilians?

and how does change the fact that the US should be apologizing ?

Raptorgunner wrote:
zizzle wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:This is the same country that will send a women to jail if she gets raped. :facepalm:

HAHAHA that's a typical north american reply from someone with limited knowledge of everything that doesnt revolve around baseball and mowing the lawn. You obviously got your countries mixed up raptor, do some research next time will you? luckily there's a big Lebanese population in here to share the laughs.

What you talking about? was I talking about Lebanon? you crack me up by your north American insults that really hurts you know.

my bad

No worries, I was shocked at the replay. :lol!: I have many Lebanese friends and I know Lebanon is nothing like Afghanistan.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 15:57

haha my nationalism got the best of me Very Happy way to make me feel like an a$$ :vagi:
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 16:16

Grande_Milano wrote:Patriotism, Tradition, Tolerance, Multiculturalism, Religion should die. I declare the ideology of common sense Neutral
All of these serve a purpose in moderation. Especially tolerance and multiculturalism. Regardless of how much you hate the latter it is inevitable due to globalization.

zizzle wrote:dansik, untill your country stops murdering people around the world your president, whoever he is, needs to be apologizing daily.
He's apologizing because some troops unintentionally burned a bunch of books, some of them happened to be Qurans. Not because U.S. troops murder people all "around the world".

Anyway, Taliban are encouraging civilians to kill westerners (quelle surprise!). And now we've got über-moron Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami claiming that they burned the books on purpose and that the world should know that the U.S. is against Islam.
http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/02/24/196747.html

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 16:19

I feel that all of you are at least partly right. Every political leader should be apologizing constantly. :coffee:

Also, Grande Milano: Multiculturalism is a good thing, and can't be stopped anyway.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 17:04

In terms of the topic. Obama's silence on this would've been extremely damaging politically as well as morally in Muslim eyes. Our fragile alliance with the Afghan gov't would've been severely tested.

I'm sure the right-wing are ramping up more of their "he's a serial apologist" crap, but like was said earlier on, he had to say something to appease Karzai. It was his responsibility as President to speak on the behalf of us Americans who found this wrong in every possible way and he did that. I see nothing wrong with his apology.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 17:10

I don't think an apology changes much. You may be able to reason by using such apologies with the general population in Afghanistan but not with the dangerous crazies that are corrupting the country. It's like talking to deaf ears.

I commend the apology simply out of principle.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 17:31

how can you unintentionally burn 2 Holy Books ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 17:32

On a different note, None of these protests n shit will happen If the West just take their armies back to their countries.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 17:49

RealGunner wrote:On a different note, None of these protests n shit will happen If the West just take their armies back to their countries.
Protests and havoc over desecration has happened plenty of times without armies being involved. The Muhammad cartoons should suffice as an example.

It's naive to believe that pulling back the troops will somehow sort everything out.

Last edited by Senor Penguin on Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 17:57; edited 1 time in total

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 17:51

but u wont get the blame though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 17:57

RealGunner wrote:but u wont get the blame though.
The west gets blamed regardless if there are troops or not. It's been seen before and it'll continue that way.

That doesn't mean that the West is innocent in everything they take part in. By no means. But there are many loonies out there who simply oppose the west because of their religious convictions. And these loonies happen to have quite a lot of influence.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 22:51

RealGunner wrote:On a different note, None of these protests n shit will happen If the West just take their armies back to their countries.

we just can't do that though, lol. World Police ftw.

Spoiler:
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 23:11

The US was called "The Great Satan" far before they had armies in the region.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri 24 Feb 2012 - 23:19

there is also the issue of supplying israel with weaponry. America's direct involvement in the middle east is the least of my worries, their influence and support to both Israel and the Arab dictatorships however is the reason why they're not winning any popularity contests in the middle east
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 14:03

Ridiculous that some people are willing to kill other people for burning pieces of paper (and it seems that unintentionally).

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 14:28

free_cat wrote:Ridiculous that some people are willing to kill other people for burning pieces of paper (and it seems that unintentionally).

I think that just shows how ignorant you are toward the Quran's significance.

That being said, the guy shouldn't have been killed.

But tbh he brought it on himself. He probably knew he was provoking a massive reaction.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 14:42

7amood11 wrote:
free_cat wrote:Ridiculous that some people are willing to kill other people for burning pieces of paper (and it seems that unintentionally).

But tbh he brought it on himself. He probably knew he was provoking a massive reaction.
Considering it was likely accidental I fail to see how he could have known...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 15:58

RedOranje wrote:
The US was called "The Great Satan" far before they had armies in the region.

because during Cold War Countries like Pakistan and Afghanistan and Iran were American's Pawns against Russia....they didn't need their armies there then because those countries were doing the jobs for them..

They openly helped with the Shah's Coup in Iran..which in turn caused the blow back and we see the results now

They supplied the resources to bring the Mujhadeen(most of them being Arabs) to Afghanistan.....Afghanistan was a free country before that no Religious extremists....Alot of Jews lived there until the 60s-70s, and were given the same rights as Muslims...

they backed Zia-ul-Haq (army Dictator) after his coup and hanging of Pakistani PM because he helpled with Afghan war....Zia being the guy who created all the mess in Pakistan and Afghanistan atm and was in power for 11 years....

Before Zia took over Pakistan was never a Islamic country, he enforced Islam on the people by use of force.

So there are many reason for them to dislike America and get mad at any little mistakes they make...

Last edited by imalegend on Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 16:09; edited 1 time in total
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 15:59

7amood11 wrote:

How is Libyan democratisation process going? Back to dark ages
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 16:02

and you need to bring this into the discussion because it's 7amood's fault right?
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 16:31

RedOranje wrote:
7amood11 wrote:

Considering it was likely accidental I fail to see how he could have known...

If it was accidental then yeah, it only makes killing him worse. But there are a few people in Afghanistan who just won't listen to the voice of reason.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 16:38

Grande_Milano wrote:
7amood11 wrote:

How is Libyan democratisation process going? Back to dark ages

Dark ages my ass, things are going great.

Elections for local counsels have already begun, the city of Misrata's has already been completed. A BBC correspondent said that out of the 48 elections he had covered over the years, the Misrata elections were the most organized. I guess it just shows how eager Libyans are to use their voice for the good of the country, the voice that was taken away from them for 42 years.

And our economy has bounced back much sooner than expected, so yeah, things are going great Cool

Now back on topic.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 17:24

still don't get how u can burn a holy book accidentally
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 17:44

RealGunner wrote:still don't get how u can burn a holy book accidentally
According what I read they burned a lot of documents and books because they thought that they had terrorist stuff in them, and according to what they say they didn't know they were in there ..
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next