Is it knee-jerking to claim, Milan is Barca's biggest threat to Champions League title

+21
RED
Pedram
donttreadonred
Adit
Potential
Grande_Milano
matpol
Senor Penguin
halamadrid2
rsinatra
S
Ganso
M99
jibers
Seth
dronte
rwo power
red&blacklegion
Lord Hades
maruf063
St.JamesNicaragua
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is it knee-jerking to claim, Milan is Barca's biggest threat to Champions League title Empty Is it knee-jerking to claim, Milan is Barca's biggest threat to Champions League title

Post by St.JamesNicaragua Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:22 am

Is it knee-jerking to claim, Milan is Barca's biggest threat to Champions League title..

Of course I am thinking this seeing how incredibly well Milan played last night. Milan played a perfect match in ever possible way, perhaps they should have scored more...

and i say Milan is the best chance to stop barca, coz madrid just can't defeat Barca. yes they get close, but are still far away. they have undoubtedly more star names than milan, but milan don't have that inferiority complex to barca that real madrid have, so thats why milan is my best bet to stop barca. i even said this before the start of knock-out rounds with milan playing very decently in the groups against barca.

Do you see Milan as contender to Barca's title?

and who is the biggest contenders to Barca's title?

rank the teams.

St.JamesNicaragua
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Is it knee-jerking to claim, Milan is Barca's biggest threat to Champions League title Empty Re: Is it knee-jerking to claim, Milan is Barca's biggest threat to Champions League title

Post by maruf063 Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:36 am

bayern, madrid and then Milan :shisha:

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Is it knee-jerking to claim, Milan is Barca's biggest threat to Champions League title Empty Re: Is it knee-jerking to claim, Milan is Barca's biggest threat to Champions League title

Post by Lord Hades Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:37 am

it all depends on the quarter final draw
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:58 am

Well if Barca continues playing crap.Id not be suprised even napoli beating them.Theyre just playing so bad lately.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:03 am

First let's watch the other Last 16 matches. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:07 am

Way too early to judge. It was just one match, nothing guarantees Milan will be playing the same in other matches.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:11 am

Probably yes if we can have all of our first 11 fit and in form and Xaviesta + Messi + Co. decided not to show up.

To answer your question, yeah... it's a kneejerk =O

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:22 am

I said this before, now after Milan beat the worst Arsenal side in almost two decades, they convinve you? LOL.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:23 am

rwo power wrote:First let's watch the other Last 16 matches. ^^
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:24 am

Yes.

Next question please.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:35 am

We can beat anyone who doesn't park the bus....I think we proved we can challenge Barcelona on the group stages.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:35 am

dronte wrote:Way too early to judge. It was just one match, nothing guarantees Milan will be playing the same in other matches.

And please dont use this Arsenal team as a benchmark.This was a poor Arsenal side on the day though not taking credit away from their perfomance.

Way too early to judge.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:49 am

they could surprise anyone because they have got the quality.

but that draw against barcelona and that "close" 2-3 defeat dont reflect barcelona's very clear superiority in both games. they shouldve won both, and by a larger difference. so if ac milan do beat them, it wont be because they will play better, but because they will play solid and count on a little luck (like thiago silva's late late equalizer).. barcelona are not doing so well right now and if they dont improve, it could happen. but no matter how many times real madrid lose to the blaugrana, to me it will still be less surprising if they do beat them in the end than if ac milan does
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:28 am

Nes-T33 wrote:We can beat anyone who doesn't park the bus....I think we proved we can challenge Barcelona on the group stages.

O.o??
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:30 am

Beyond a doubt. Barca in a knockout match is an entirely different task and not at all comparable to this poor Arsenal side. Granted that this Milan side has much more quality than last season's but they're certainly not Barca's biggest threat to the Champions League title.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:05 am

It all depends on 1/4 draw. There can be draw like Bayern - Barca, RM - Milan on the one side of draw, and then Benfica/Zenit vs Apoel/Lyon in one QF and Napoli/Chelsea vs Marseille- Inter on the other side of draw.

Draw is the key. Man United were terrible last year, but they draw Marseille, then Chelsea in 1/4 and Schalke who fluked win over Inter and made anoter 'final' due to a draw, when in reality the real final was in 1/2 - Real vs Barca. Let's see what happens at the draw - I think Bayern will be on the other side of the draw than two Spanish Giants.

Carlo Garganese wrote good article about yesterday game - http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/02/16/2909047/ibrahimovic-ac-milan-silence-their-doubters-but-must-not-get
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:12 am

Gimme Bayern
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:14 am

Grande_Milano wrote:Gimme Bayern

Bayern? Gimme Barcelona and Madrid.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:17 am

halamadrid2 wrote:
Nes-T33 wrote:We can beat anyone who doesn't park the bus....I think we proved we can challenge Barcelona on the group stages.

O.o??
what?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:20 am

Their Defense is pretty good as is their team defending.Their attack is still containable btw.They are a complicated side.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:46 am

Milan is a good team, and I fully expected them to take a lead into the second leg of this round. However, I think they were flattered by a poor performance from a sub-standard Arsenal squad. Don't get me wrong, they deserved their 4-0 win. They were organized, efficient and groomed their pitch perfectly to suit their playing style. Twisted Evil I merely think that yesterday's result is more of a reflection of Arsenal's failure to perform than AC Milan's quality. If Milan are truly Barca's biggest threat, then I am severely disappointed in the quality of the opposition in Europe this season.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:59 am

donttreadonred wrote:Milan is a good team, and I fully expected them to take a lead into the second leg of this round. However, I think they were flattered by a poor performance from a sub-standard Arsenal squad. Don't get me wrong, they deserved their 4-0 win. They were organized, efficient and groomed their pitch perfectly to suit their playing style. Twisted Evil I merely think that yesterday's result is more of a reflection of Arsenal's failure to perform than AC Milan's quality. If Milan are truly Barca's biggest threat, then I am severely disappointed in the quality of the opposition in Europe this season.

This season? Lol United reached the final last season. Football is in a dire state. RMhad to buy all the best players to compete. Serie A teams are just coming back, EPl is rebuilding and the only team that has any cha ce United are out, La Liga is a one horse race, Bundesliga is... this is the worst state football has been in in my lifetime.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:22 am

jibs,that rooney goal in your sig affraid
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:40 am

If they improve their midfield area why not ?

They are very organized in defense and Thiago Silva is having his best season atm. in attack Ibra is delivering both creativity and goals, Boateng also has been great this season. the problem is their midfield which i think if they didn't sell Pirlo to Juventus would be also strong.

All this things put together i think yes, they can eliminate Barcelona with a bit of luck and also if Barcelona's dip in form continues in Champions League.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:16 am

El Pipita wrote:If they improve their midfield area why not ?

They are very organized in defense and Thiago Silva is having his best season atm. in attack Ibra is delivering both creativity and goals, Boateng also has been great this season. the problem is their midfield which i think if they didn't sell Pirlo to Juventus would be also strong.

All this things put together i think yes, they can eliminate Barcelona with a bit of luck and also if Barcelona's dip in form continues in Champions League.

This whole mf arguement is BS, so now Barcelona mf is the standard? Milans Mf is good enough for the way they play. They gave Barca more of a fight than Madrid have since Mou took over.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next