PinePHresh
IrasMaldinista
arabprince
Ganso
c_bernard10
Grande_Milano
11 posters

Go down

Can we please stop with knee-jerking? Empty Can we please stop with knee-jerking?

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:48 pm

Turning into RM and Juventus section, players not good blah blah, sell him blah blah, Allegri is blah blah.

1) We got lots of players injured, only now they start to return
2) Allegri is stubborn yes, but you cant put all the blame on him with all these injuries and players like Nocerino
3) Season just started, we ll bounce back
4) Cut the pessimism, you make it sound like we are Inter/Arsenal. We still 2 creative mids from playing good. Attack is good, defence is good, or you gonna object?

Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Can we please stop with knee-jerking? Empty Re: Can we please stop with knee-jerking?

Post by c_bernard10 Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Attack is good????
Defense is good?
You forget our goal difference in the league is -3.
What you mean to say is that we have good forwards and good defenders, but we are not attacking or defending well.
Probably because we have NO midfield!!

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Can we please stop with knee-jerking? Empty Re: Can we please stop with knee-jerking?

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Thank you captain, i didnt mention mid is ok.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:03 pm

our attack and defense are world class,the midfield is the problem,includin the am spot
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Seriously guys the knee-jerk has gotten to unprecedented levels. We were always going to lose this game. Juventus are playing wonderful and our players lack any motivation. We'll pick up the pace soon. Just let Aquilani get settled, and the players to get back to fitness and we'll start winning again.

Remember how long last season we had to tell ourselves "our attackers need time to gel". There has only been 5 games, two of which were against top contenders this season. Chill out Smile
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:56 pm

Now that guys are either cool or at least less angry and excited about last night's catastrophe, I find it suitable to share my impressions.

And where better than a thread created by a top, efficient poster like Grande, and I wanna talk about this "knee-jerk" phenomenon first.

You see, my suggestion is we have to create a list of "MILAN FACTS"; that way we won't be having any problems determining the weak and strong points of our team.

I've even thought about a sticky by that name, because I feel it's too necessary and needed to be overlooked.

For example, we can confidently claim that:

"While Ibrahimovic is evidently the most complete center-forward in world Football, decides complicated matches on his own and unlocks parked-bus defenses of weaker teams week in and week out, he brings a sort of dependency on his abilities to his teams and also slows down the rhythm of play."

When we have this fact listed officially, no-one would be boring enough to post a comment exclusively about Ibra-dependency.

I want people to express their opinion on the "Milan FACTS" thread, I'm ready to take responsibility for managing it, pending you guys' positive vote.

On to the next post about Juve-Milan...
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:23 pm

I like it. Throw in there that Nesta is old, Seedorf is slow, and Flamini does dangerous tackles.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:27 pm

Straight to the point:

Allegri is not perfect... well, nobody's perfect.

Leonardo beat Real Madrid admirably and with a smart formation, but his team was torn to molecules against ManUTD.

Allegri fielded a courageous line-up against unstoppable Barcelona consisting of a lazy ass like Cassano, and he came out of this test with his head held high.

And last year he got it all wrong against Real Madrid in 1st leg, when he put a ridiculously weakened and ageing midfield of Gattuso-Pirlo-Seedorf (Let's not forget this trio were the best club midfield line in 2000s, no doubt).

Last night, it was so easy to predict that we're gonna lose 10 minutes into the game. In fact, I wanted such an ugly, disgusting team to lose in order for Football to look better and fairer.

You might not believe it, but whilst I was sitting in front of the TV watching the game with my bro, I didn't even see the first goal, as I was busy surfing internet as a result of being bored out of my mind.

And when my bro and the commentator both screamed "GOALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!", I didn't even blink and didn't stop my thing, because I thought, "Now we're getting what we deserve."

Juve were simply majestic, I congratulate Conte for revolutionizing Serie-A's laughing stock of the last few years.

Starting with Pirlo, I don't know what to say.
If he had Xavi's fantastic stamina and long-term durability, he would be much better than world's best pass-master, because technically he's superior.

Vucinic only lacked the final touch and his devastating lob deserved to be counted for two goals.

Their pressing and running was UCL Semi-finals worthy and if Milan continue to play like this (something that absolutely won't happen, I guarantee), I back them and Napoli to go all the way.

In short, why Milan lost anyway? What was the main reason?

I tell you, in one word: Fatigue.

It wasn't our age that made us look so funny, it wasn't injuries, it wasn't bad tactics, simply fatigue.

Van Bommel and Seedorf were practically walking, Ibra and Boateng were clearly rusty and our full-backs were Serie-B material, especially that no.25 guy on the right (do you know his name? PM me if you do).

Nocerino was asked to be Kaka, which is a weird duty for such a pure worker.

Nesta and Thiago were excellent but they were all alone, too helpless to be effective.

And so, Allegri had no choice but to inject some fresher blood... The only area he made a mistake in.

Allegri's tactics were the same successful ones of last season's, but his tools sucked and so the team as a whole sucked.

Seedorf's class is by no means comparable to that of Aquilani's and Nocerino is less smart than Van Bommel, while Emanuelson is not a talisman, but a midfield trio consisting of these guys would've done much more decent than the old dogs involved.

Ibra and Boateng both needed to start, but they had 60 minutes in their legs, they weren't fit at all.

If Allegri hadn't gotten rid of Merkel, we could have a miniature talisman who could help us through such moments, now is too late, but Eriksen being suggested is not unusual at all.

It's not like Milan were "meant" to lose, but to be fair, Juve were worthy winners.

They dominated thoroughly and out-everything-ed us Football-wise.

The best we can do is embrace the Int'l break and by recovering the injured and killing unfit players in fitness trainings, build sort of a new team able to work well and really compete from October on.

Milan were embarrassingly unwatchable last night, I totally agree, but we weren't at our best at all, were we? Let's forget all about it and become Milan again, huh? Time is ticking, cussing doesn't solve anything.

We have the tools to pick up momentum ManUTD-like in latter stages of season and stage a comeback...

I believe in my team.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by c_bernard10 Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:06 pm

My biggest concern with Milan is that the management are unwilling to let the old guard go and give the youth a chance. The youths don't need 15 role models. The ones who still have something slight to offer are the only ones we need to stick around. (Seedorf, Van Bommel, Nesta)
Barca, Man U, Bayern all give their fair share to the youths and look at how that has worked out for them recently. Maybe our youth system is not up to their caliber but it is a risk that we have to take. El Shaarawy, Calvano, Merkel... it is about time we give them some time to play. Merkel had a good first season and we thank him by selling half of his rights. Allegri can't be afraid to give them some more time. It might not be an instant success but how much worse can our midfield be at the moment? I would take Merkel over Emanuelson/Nocerino any day of the week. Our bench has players like Antonini, Bonera, Yepes, Roma, Ambro..week in week out. Why not give a chance to some youth who are actually motivated to get out there and prove themselves.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:05 pm

This whole forum seems to have forgotten about my boy Ganso!!!

Many were quick to knee-jerk and fall in love with him and now that love has turned into a hate/injury prone knee-jerk.

I just got done reading a few threads and Ganso is definitely getting as much hate as he was getting love before. I can understand if you feel that he is injury prone, I have no issue with that. But in my opinion, many people put him on a pedestal before actually watching him play a game and once he "flopped" with Brazil, everyone was so quick to claim he isn't what they thought he was.

I still pray we're able to bring in the Goose and I promise you he will earn everyone's respect. I know some of you actually followed him, please don't feel that this is directed at you.

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:44 am

It seems like you can now discredit any argument on this forum by calling it a knee jerk.

Fatigue indeed played a big part in the loss. As did the loss of Abate. As did Emanuelson forgetting what position he was playing and gifting Juve their first goal. but so did Allegri's decisions.

One big mistake was to play Seedorf so frequently before a big game like this one.

no BIG BANG next week Evil or Very Mad
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:05 am

If your first 5 official games consisted of:

Inter, Lazio, Barca, Napoli, Udinese

Then followed by: Cesena, Plzen, Juve

I would not be that surprised that Milan is in the current situation.

5 high intensity match off the start, followed by a relatively easy match up, a CL games and then up against in form team away.

Given that Milan had the reputation of slow starter, this fixture listing is probably one of the worst combination to come up with.

Sure Allegri could have planned his line up accordingly, but what can you do that most of your players also injured at that time and replacements were subpar? His only choice would probably plays Seedorf as the creative mid in every single game, and we all know that will only turn Seedorf into Slowdorf. We desperately need to reinforce the midfield.

A combination of fixture intensity + injury really took the toll on Milan this time. Admittedly, a team with calibre of Milan should be capable to cope with this, but the reality is that Milan can't.

With that said, instead of kneejerking, people ought to band together and support Milan even more. A little bit of positivity in the forum is much appreciated.

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:21 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:This whole forum seems to have forgotten about my boy Ganso!!!

Many were quick to knee-jerk and fall in love with him and now that love has turned into a hate/injury prone knee-jerk.

I just got done reading a few threads and Ganso is definitely getting as much hate as he was getting love before. I can understand if you feel that he is injury prone, I have no issue with that. But in my opinion, many people put him on a pedestal before actually watching him play a game and once he "flopped" with Brazil, everyone was so quick to claim he isn't what they thought he was.

I still pray we're able to bring in the Goose and I promise you he will earn everyone's respect. I know some of you actually followed him, please don't feel that this is directed at you.

While I support your argument against the knee-jerking, the Ganso situation has some evidence to support it

Ganso is very injury prone, can't deny this. And he functions best when the teams revolves around him. And since he gets injured so much, what will happen to Milan when he's on the sidelines (as he so often is). Milan at the moment is getting beaten down with the injuries of Pato, Robinho and Abate. Whilst the absence of Ibrahimovic hinders out attack beyond belief and last season the crippling injuries we sustained towards the end of the season nearly cost us the Scudetto.

Signing (and depending) on Ganso is asking for trouble.
And while I do think he is a great player, we just need to start looking for someone else (hence why I support Eriksen and Lucas now)
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:21 am

Seth wrote:If your first 5 official games consisted of:

Inter, Lazio, Barca, Napoli, Udinese

Then followed by: Cesena, Plzen, Juve

I would not be that surprised that Milan is in the current situation.

5 high intensity match off the start, followed by a relatively easy match up, a CL games and then up against in form team away.

Given that Milan had the reputation of slow starter, this fixture listing is probably one of the worst combination to come up with.

Sure Allegri could have planned his line up accordingly, but what can you do that most of your players also injured at that time and replacements were subpar? His only choice would probably plays Seedorf as the creative mid in every single game, and we all know that will only turn Seedorf into Slowdorf. We desperately need to reinforce the midfield.

A combination of fixture intensity + injury really took the toll on Milan this time. Admittedly, a team with calibre of Milan should be capable to cope with this, but the reality is that Milan can't.

With that said, instead of kneejerking, people ought to band together and support Milan even more. A little bit of positivity in the forum is much appreciated.

+1 rep for that sentence
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:20 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
TetraHydroC 10 wrote:This whole forum seems to have forgotten about my boy Ganso!!!

While I support your argument against the knee-jerking, the Ganso situation has some evidence to support it

Ganso is very injury prone, can't deny this. And he functions best when the teams revolves around him. And since he gets injured so much, what will happen to Milan when he's on the sidelines (as he so often is). Milan at the moment is getting beaten down with the injuries of Pato, Robinho and Abate. Whilst the absence of Ibrahimovic hinders out attack beyond belief and last season the crippling injuries we sustained towards the end of the season nearly cost us the Scudetto.

Signing (and depending) on Ganso is asking for trouble.
And while I do think he is a great player, we just need to start looking for someone else (hence why I support Eriksen and Lucas now)

I wouldn't disagree after Ganso sustained his latest injury, being that it had nothing to do with his previous injury. I think it will do his body good to get out of Brazil and be in a league where the schedule is not at hectic.

In my opinion he shouldn't have been playing for Brazil after coming back from injury. That being said, Neymar has gone through the same amount of games. His price tag is no longer justifiable (not saying it was before), but now it's definitely not and I'm sure Santos won't see it that way.

P.S. Still upset we let Lazio get Hernanes :brickwall:

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:59 am

Robinho is needed like water
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:41 pm

Milantildeath wrote:Abate is needed like water

Fixed.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:21 pm

My suggestion is to sell Ibra, because with this midfield, he is useless anyway. So lets buy Peter Crouch and John Carew and put them together on top so Nesta and Silva can go long-balls on them. That way we save a ton of money, and we might actually afford a midfield. Very Happy
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:46 pm

Eivindo wrote:My suggestion is to sell Ibra, because with this midfield, he is useless anyway. So lets buy Peter Crouch and John Carew and put them together on top so Nesta and Silva can go long-balls on them. That way we save a ton of money, and we might actually afford a midfield. Very Happy

Please say you are joking.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:02 pm

Can we please stop with knee-jerking? Captain_obvious
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down