Pedram
Harmonica
The Franchise
Lex
Albiceleste
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Messi the best dribbler of all time? Empty Is Messi the best dribbler of all time?

Post by Albiceleste Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:57 pm

If he's not, who is? Garrincha? Cruyff? Maradona?

Discuss

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Is Messi the best dribbler of all time? Empty Re: Is Messi the best dribbler of all time?

Post by Lex Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Fat Ronaldo held on to the ball like a diabetic does insulin
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Is Messi the best dribbler of all time? Empty Re: Is Messi the best dribbler of all time?

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:00 pm

This has to go to the rightback section.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Lex wrote:Fat Ronaldo held on to the ball like a diabetic does insulin
Yeah he was a great dribbler too, not natural enough though imo hmm

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Messi is so far away the best dribbler in history that it's just silly. The ones who come even close are Maradona and R9, style wise probably Best.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:14 pm

Maradona, Cruyff and Ronaldo.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Maradonna and Ronaldinho (in his prime) were much better

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:27 pm

He's up there. But dont forget that in the past there have been many extraordinary dribblers, while today they are rare.

Probabbly because it's harder to dribble past defenders in modern football.

Still, dribbling is overrated. Messi is so much more than dribbling alone. There are many wonderkids with extraordinary skills who just dont make it to the top.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Crimson wrote:Maradonna and Ronaldinho (in his prime) were much better

I didn´t see Maradona play, so I cant comment, but I did see ronaldinho play every week and I know for a fact that messi is a better dribbler than dinho. The only reason why I think that some might belive that dinho was a better dribbler is because dinho was alot more flashier..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:18 am

Ronaldo's dribbling technique was very much natural, he just had so much power behind it. It still wonders the mind that the man had so much power and pace and matched it with excellent ball control and dribbling ability.

Anyway, I'll choose Garrincha based on the fact the man was basically a cripple .
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:27 am

Doc wrote:Ronaldo's dribbling technique was very much natural, he just had so much power behind it. It still wonders the mind that the man had so much power and pace and matched it with excellent ball control and dribbling ability.

Anyway, I'll choose Garrincha based on the fact the man was basically a cripple .

i doubt there will ever be another garrincha. That guy was just a one off, he could probably turn 360 degrees on those knees before you could even blink, anyone that got to see him play live was privileged
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:42 am

*bleep* up Messi threads... Sad
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:44 am

Doc wrote:Ronaldo's dribbling technique was very much natural, he just had so much power behind it. It still wonders the mind that the man had so much power and pace and matched it with excellent ball control and dribbling ability.

The natural part was just a joke lol

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t16847-who-s-the-most-natural-finisher-in-europe

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:06 am

Ronaldo in his prime was like an alien.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:23 am

Albiceleste wrote:Anyway, I'll choose Garrincha based on the fact the man was basically a cripple .
The natural part was just a joke lol

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t16847-who-s-the-most-natural-finisher-in-europe[/quote]

Ah, my apologies. Can't really detect humour over the internet if a smiley face wasn't applied Sad
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Messi's the Best Dribbler I've defo seen.

The way he doesn't lose speed while turning coupled with the Close Control of his feet.

Better than Ronaldo(Brazil) and Ronaldinho, IMO.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:15 am

Messi is more better dribbler than Ronaldhino and perhaps even than Ronaldo, Maradona and others. However, we must consider that Maradona and Ronaldo have faced better defenders. Ronaldo was more suited to football of 90, a more physical football than today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pCO_s5xVr4

2:10
Messi if they do so from behind a foul does not remain standing.
The truth is that does not exist the best dribbler of history, every dribble is suitable for the type of opponent

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:35 am

Personally I think the Top 3 are Baggio, Garrincha, and Maradona, in no order. Then Messi and Ronaldinho round out the Top 5.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:16 am

messi has the privilege of playing against defenders that dont break legs and not with a leather ball that weights 100 kilos
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:13 pm

Ganso wrote:messi has the privilege of playing against defenders that dont break legs and not with a leather ball that weights 100 kilos
Is Messi the best dribbler of all time? Di-JDZJ

Is Messi the best dribbler of all time? Di-ONDZ

Is Messi the best dribbler of all time? Di-TN1S

Messi has parked in front almost every game, defenders are a lot more athletic nowadays and zonal/ team defending is much better. Not only is Messi the best dribbler, he's also the best at riding tackles.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Niyameddin Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:31 pm

leg breaking? or slow and sleepy defenders?
you can see it here
past vs today

Niyameddin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by viepr149 Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:38 pm

you is that chelsea player who goes into that tackle with messi...wtf did that end up in a red card?

viepr149
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:15 pm

smoking he doesn't dribble he just runs , Ronaldinho was the best dribbler
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Niyameddin wrote:leg breaking? or slow and sleepy defenders?
you can see it here
past vs today

Using one clip to speak generally about an era? not clever, whats even less clever is that you clearly arent even aware of the context of that goal. Btw there was a terrible clattering terry butcher gave maradona as he put the ball in the net that could have been quite nasty.

Elaborating on the context that tournament was played in sweltering heat at the end of a long arduous season, the players were slower than usual for that reasons. If any team played at a very high intensity they would be dead after half an hour, that includes maradona who was also not his fastest at that tournament. (but still incredible acceleration anyway)

And one other little detail that you undoubtably didnt know, terry fenwick the last defender, was one yellow card away from being suspended for the semi final (if england got there), thats why he didnt just wipe maradona out, which is what they usually did (or tried) once beaten by his skill. So really its just an example of what maradona could do if the defenders were on a tightrope like nearly every single defender that messi plays against is on.

And is you started by asking "leg breaking?", yah, this looks like a break to me.

He was actually the most violently fouled player ive ever seen and thats the worst tackle ive ever seen on a top player in terms of malicious intent (dunno bout pele and g.best ect, heard best got kicked to pieces as well)
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Niyameddin Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:43 am

Heat weather can not be excuse. I can show you defenders who defend 2 times faster in hot weather. In past game was slow.today its much faster.do you really believe that they are slow because of sun? Maybe you should watch more games or stop your bias before comparing

You showed me one moment which he gets injured. Should i do the same and show you messi video which he got injured? Leg breaking is a myth. How many times maradona got long term injury like r9? If he got leg breaking tackles everytime? I think today villa iniesta robben gets injured more than maradona ever was. Dont tell me maradona's legs made by metal

Niyameddin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next