Pedram
Harmonica
The Franchise
Lex
Albiceleste
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Messi the best dribbler of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Messi the best dribbler of all time?

Post by Niyameddin Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:43 am

Heat weather can not be excuse. I can show you defenders who defend 2 times faster in hot weather. In past game was slow.today its much faster.do you really believe that they are slow because of sun? Maybe you should watch more games or stop your bias before comparing

You showed me one moment which he gets injured. Should i do the same and show you messi video which he got injured? Leg breaking is a myth. How many times maradona got long term injury like r9? If he got leg breaking tackles everytime? I think today villa iniesta robben gets injured more than maradona ever was. Dont tell me maradona's legs made by metal

Niyameddin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Is Messi the best dribbler of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Messi the best dribbler of all time?

Post by Killer Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Ganso wrote:messi has the privilege of playing against defenders that dont break legs and not with a leather ball that weights 100 kilos

Nahhh the weight of the Football ball does not change from 1937, 14-16 oz (400-450 g).

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:03 pm

Ganso wrote:messi has the privilege of playing against defenders that dont break legs and not with a leather ball that weights 100 kilos
Q: How much of an advantage do you think modern footballers have, considering the quality of the boots and balls you played with at your time?
Di Stefano: I'm not sure who told you that I played with heavy balls or bad boots but I assure you we only played with the best equipment
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Also, one violent kick is hardly representative of the era's standard of defending btw. Even then he was called the "murderer" for that tackle.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:36 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Also, one violent kick is hardly representative of the era's standard of defending btw. Even then he was called the "murderer" for that tackle.

I know this is late and an unnecessary bump but I just thought of your post when I watched this now

There were about 7 similar tackles in that game to the one the one that broke his ankle. Constant barrage of studs up tackles, some of them from behind. This game wasn't even long after his injury :facepalm:
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:03 am

Ryan Giggs in his prime must surely be given more credit in this thread.
The Devil
The Devil
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:29 pm

viepr149 wrote:you is that chelsea player who goes into that tackle with messi...wtf did that end up in a red card?

lulz, wasn't even a freekick :facepalm:
And then the chelsea fans and Mou had the nerve to complain about the referee..

--

Honestly, everytime I watch a game from the 80 I get the feeling that while they were alot rougher, they were actually worse at defending.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:37 pm

Pointless comment if you don't say what teams from "the 80" you watched. Perhaps in the future ignorant children will happen to watch Tahiti and think the defending of the era was trash, if you get my drift. It's not easy to have an informed opinion of something when your sample size is relatively speaking a drop in the ocean, which is sad because that is what todays fans do, form concrete opinions based on zilch, with the aid of youtube.
What I will say is the game was very different, defensive tactics were different, methods were effective back then which have changed now. But BOY were they effective, in the 80s a serie a champion could be expected to score a similar number of goals as a modern day la liga relegation candidate. 0-0s or 1-0s ect were the order of the day and a goal was something of great value, today it is goal fest after goal fest, majority of them are barely worth batting an eyelid over
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:40 pm

Roughness of the past has evolved to better athleticism and team defending, or in other words, "clean" defending. The current battle of defense and attack can be seen from the goal averages, which have been, excluding Italy 70-90, steadily dropping, and have now stayed pretty much the same from 90-.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:29 pm

Yes, cause I would be watching a game from the 80 between Tahiti vs American Samoa :facepalm:
The only games that I have seen from that era are big games from the WC, Euro or and the European cup. And I would assume that the teams in those tournament are a little better than Tahiti at defending, no? So if anything its the complete opposite. I would belive that every team in the 80's would be defending like Milan, Italy or Juve..

Correct me if I am wrong, but most teams didn't press as they do now, no? cause everytime I watch a game from that time, the ball carrier gets all the time in the world. An perfect example of that is Van Bastens header vs Real Madrid..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Sigh, the point about Tahiti which I thought was really obvious, was that not all the teams from an era would be good defensively, I was not implying you watched them for goodness sake.
Again, it doesn't matter if you watched a world cup or European cup, that isn't enough to start making definitive conclusions. You think juve, Italy, or milan were exempt from having bad games? How about Barcelona conceding 4 again bayern? Yeah that was some solid defence from the best team in history wasn't it. Or Italy conceding 4 against spain, arsenal conceding 8 against utd, looking back people will say wow they were amateur

Less pressing? Well there was less to be gained pressing, bit pointless pushing high up and pressing aggressively when the keeper can just pick the ball up from a back pass. There were plenty of games were defending teams got very tight d allowed no space in the midfield zone, and there were games when they did.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:52 pm

But why would you even mention Tahiti seeing as it would be obvious that I would be using top teams who were great at defending as an example?

And since when has Barca or Arsenal even been known to defend good? Laughing
Barca where good at pressing, but once team got past that they tended to hurt the defence alot..

Anyway, what ever you say. I know your type, you are one of those guys that thinks that football was much better before in every single possible way than it is today and nothing will change your mind no matter how much we argue. You are like how Harmonica is with stats. It will be pointless to have an arguement..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kabarca Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:20 am

I think he is the most effictive dribbler of all time but in terms of tricks and "magic" there were some better players
kabarca
kabarca
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:29 am

kabarca wrote:I think he is the most effictive dribbler of all time but in terms of tricks and "magic" there were some better players

Well summed up
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:12 pm

Yes, but doing more tricks =/= better dribbler..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:37 pm

Anyone Mention Denilson yet?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:51 pm

harhar11 wrote:Yes, but doing more tricks =/= better dribbler..
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

Bruce Lee
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:34 am

messi for me. Far more entertaining than Ronaldinho ever was for me. Let's see how many people can replicate the goal ofthe century ffs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2