Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting?

+26
hickin
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Dutti
Ali
Albiceleste
BarrileteCosmico
Kick
andiii
Mr_Puyol
The Madrid One
spanky
Patrick Bateman
JAY-Z
Dnmac4
che
S32TABLANCA
Le Samourai
windkick
RedOranje
BiasedMilanFan3
justdoit_
Tomwin Lannister
CBarca
rwo power
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are Kit's better off without Sponsor's? atleast from a attractive POV?

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Vote_lcap52%Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 16 ]
Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Vote_lcap42%Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 13 ]
Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Vote_lcap6%Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 31

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Empty Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:04 pm

I think they make them look cheap and disgusting tbh, one of the reasons i consider international kits better because they dont have lettering thrown all over them.

Discuss.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Empty Re: Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting?

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:08 pm

If we all had Virgin Money on our shirt it would be nice
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Empty Re: Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:10 pm

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? New-sponsors-logo-on-Newc-019

Yh, looks awesome you can even see the northern rock behind it, because its so fckin cheap

Laughing Rolling Eyes
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:10 pm

Some do it more, some do it less.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Qatar Foundation... Sad
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Come back when Betclic get a hold of your team. Even worse if your top isn't one solid colour. It just cuts through the stripes. What makes it worse is other teams have Betclic intergrated into the shirt to make it look half-decent. Juventus get a white rectangle bumper sticker slammed behind BETCLIC

EDIT: I forgot to mention how the white rectangle doesn't even match the white on our kit. How lazy can you get?

I could give a 7 year old crayons and he would come up with a nicer design for the logo.

:'(

Last edited by TomJuve on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:34 pm

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Article-2092442-1162FF2C000005DC-27_468x351

Eh, I don't mind the look of it. It's our owners gig too, so it's all good in my eyes.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:37 pm

I liked it when we had Bwin. Fly Emirates is alright.

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? 200705240027_76527
#Bwinning
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:39 pm

A well-designed and unobtrusive sponsor logo can bring a kit together, IMO. A lot of national team kits (and many club kits, when they have to play without a sponsor) simply look too bare on the front without the sponsor... after all, the kits are generally designed to have something there.

Liverpool and ManUtd sponsors have generally been pretty good about keeping their logos unobtrusive and avoiding the "white box" around the letters, for example.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:47 pm

I think the "T" on the Bayern kit is okay. BMG's kit looks yucky with their sponsor logo.

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Big310Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Gladba10
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:48 pm

justdoit_ wrote:Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Article-2092442-1162FF2C000005DC-27_468x351

Eh, I don't mind the look of it. It's our owners gig too, so it's all good in my eyes.

Thats a nice looking kit
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:48 pm

Im not a big fan of our Bwin logo, hopefully Fly Emirates look nicer.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm Still in love with this one TBH....don't think it looked cheap at all...

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Realmadridforseij5bv3

Vodafone for United and Carlsberg for Livepool are the other greatones I can think of.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:04 pm

I would prefer without, but I'll have to agree with what Red said, occasionally a sponsor can really add to a kit

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Y_images_Arsenal%20Jersey%20Highbury_1

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? New-Arsenal-Jersey-Home-2011

IMO both O2 and Fly Emirates looked great on Arsenals kits.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:13 pm

In general yes, however some are fine whereas others just look horrible.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:13 pm

completely depends on the sponsor

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Valencia-shirt-away-08-09

this is imho one of the best shirts ever, not exaggerating... too bad the sponsor was a scam :lucas:

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Camiseta-valencia

this, on the other hand, is *bleep* awful
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:24 pm

Of course the sponsor makes the shirts look cheap and stupid. IT's why other sports who can have commercials during the game don't put the sponsors on the uniforms because it just doesn't really make any sense.

It's also why national teams don't do it because they don't really care about making money.

I mean companies who make cloths don't put a massive logo of theres across the front of them because it's ugly and not fashionable and just over the top.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:32 pm

It its designed good I dont mind it : )
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Fv4kh

WIND Embarassed
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:43 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? Fv4kh

WIND Embarassed

However, WIND television adverts are GOAT.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:43 am

depends on the sponsor, i'd say the fly emirates ones look good, same goes with inters sponsor.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:47 am

Nope they dont, if you get butthurt because ur team has sht sponsors then so be it, but i love bwin on my shirt.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:59 am

Looks the best when they change the color,like how t-mobile doesn't use pink for Bayern.Also if teams with no sponsor's would put numbers one the front they wouldn't look like a high school team.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:56 am

i think we (inter) have the best looking shirt sponsor from any clubs i know. but yea, i'd still prefer it if shirts didn't have sonsors. Quatar foundation one is tasteful though
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:57 am

I like the Samsung sponsors on our kits, make them look classy.

I like sponsors when they are not over the top. Generally just the name like Chelsea's or Arsenal's. I hate ones that are boxes or are over the top.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next