Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting?

+26
hickin
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Dutti
Ali
Albiceleste
BarrileteCosmico
Kick
andiii
Mr_Puyol
The Madrid One
spanky
Patrick Bateman
JAY-Z
Dnmac4
che
S32TABLANCA
Le Samourai
windkick
RedOranje
BiasedMilanFan3
justdoit_
Tomwin Lannister
CBarca
rwo power
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are Kit's better off without Sponsor's? atleast from a attractive POV?

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? - Page 2 Vote_lcap52%Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 16 ]
Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 13 ]
Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 31

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting?

Post by Kick Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:57 am

I like the Samsung sponsors on our kits, make them look classy.

I like sponsors when they are not over the top. Generally just the name like Chelsea's or Arsenal's. I hate ones that are boxes or are over the top.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:05 am

Yes, when I put on Barca's kit with the Qatar logo for the first time I felt dirty.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:14 am

Only UNICEF is acceptable.

Shirt advertisements are why NT kits > club kits.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:39 am

NT kits are too bare I have to agree.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:03 am

justdoit_ wrote:Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? - Page 2 Article-2092442-1162FF2C000005DC-27_468x351

Eh, I don't mind the look of it. It's our owners gig too, so it's all good in my eyes.

This is a good looking kit. However, this kit would look ugly without any logo on it. The stripes match well with the logo. So, in this case the sponsor's logo does work.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:08 am

Ali"The Superman"8775 wrote:NT kits are too bare I have to agree.
Not when you are World Champion and have that World Champion logo on them as well Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:20 am

I used to admire the principal of Barca not having a shirt sponsor, but I didn't really like the look of the shirts. They looked plain.

That German team sponsored by Aston Martin is pretty classy.

Not keen on shirts like the Newcastle one that has a box around the sponsor either.

I quite like our current sponsor because we have been able to change the colour of the logo to suit the design of the shirts.

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? - Page 2 Sunderland-11-12-umbro-away-football-shirt-a
Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? - Page 2 Sunderland-burgandy-cream

Have to wait and see what next seasons shirt is like with a new kit supplier ans sponsor.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:42 am

rwo power wrote:
Not when you are World Champion and have that World Champion logo on them as well Very Happy

So we will have one team every 4 years that doesn't look too bare hahaha
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:44 am

Ali"The Superman"8775 wrote:
rwo power wrote:
So we will have one team every 4 years that doesn't look too bare hahaha
One more reason to win the WorldCup. Not for footballing reasons or the honour - for aesthetic reasons as well Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by hickin Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:56 am

It depends on the situation, if only their own design to support their favorite football team, it is called features.

hickin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:45 am

In some leagues, they have separate shirt and shorts sponsors. IMO they'd better make sure that they don't look like walking advertising columns one day, like for example the F1 drivers ^^

Oh, and in some leagues it is not necessarily the club's shirt sponsor that looks ugly; in the "Raiffeisen Super League" in Switzerland, the League sponsor is the real abomination:

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? - Page 2 Fc-bas10
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:55 am

Ive always thought the Samsung on the Chelsea logo fit in really well with the overall design.

The big European leagues are lucky in that they dont need to cover their jerseys with sponsors, in smaller leagues and many other sports the clubs have no choice
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:11 am

No.

I would find it weird if a club's kit didn't have a sponsor logo on them. Like something was missing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:21 am

The historic first kit sponsor ever in the Bundesliga in 1973:

Do Sponsor's make football kits look cheap and disgusting? - Page 2 Eintra10
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:22 am

Jager :bow:

dat mo Proud
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:25 am

Nah they make shirts looks more interesting. Looks too empty when it's just plain imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:56 am

I think that if the designers have control over the colour of the logo then it can enhance the design. When the sponsor is green text on a white box and the rest of the jersey is red and yellow stripes it makes it look super ugly.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2