Yuri Yukuv
Highburied
Senor Penguin
El Chelsea Fuerte
Grande_Milano
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

US Marines Urinate on Taliban dead soldiers - Page 3 Empty Re: US Marines Urinate on Taliban dead soldiers

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:51 pm

che wrote:all "the war is morally wrong, yada yada yada" aside, if you were a soldier in afghanistan and you killed a bunch of people who would have otherwise killed you or your friends, and maybe actually did kill your friends, you would want to at least piss on them too

I think you should speak for yourself, some of us have mores and ethics and wont stand for discrating dead bodies.

Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

US Marines Urinate on Taliban dead soldiers - Page 3 Empty Re: US Marines Urinate on Taliban dead soldiers

Post by Senor Penguin Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:15 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:
che wrote:all "the war is morally wrong, yada yada yada" aside, if you were a soldier in afghanistan and you killed a bunch of people who would have otherwise killed you or your friends, and maybe actually did kill your friends, you would want to at least piss on them too

I think you should speak for yourself, some of us have mores and ethics and wont stand for discrating dead bodies.
It's easy to take the high ground when you're sitting at home and contemplating things at a much different state of mind.

Morals and ethics are less prioritized to people who engage in war because their empathy becomes degraded due to the circumstances they find themselves in. It's as simple as that.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:

It's easy to take the high ground when you're sitting at home and contemplating things at a much different state of mind.

Morals and ethics are less prioritized to people who engage in war because their empathy becomes degraded due to the circumstances they find themselves in. It's as simple as that.

what the hell are you talking about? This has nothing to do with empathy or stress or whatever this is some idiot mother****ers having a laugh about killing some brown bearded people and pissing on their dead bodies on camera to laugh about it when they get back to their homes in suburban america.

What you just said is sickening

Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:39 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:

what the hell are you talking about? This has nothing to do with empathy or stress or whatever

uh huh... because being a soldier in afghanistan is a notoriously stress free job where a lot of empathy towards the enemy is required :facepalm:

moar white comfortable middle class moralisation pls :coffee:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:45 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:

what the hell are you talking about? This has nothing to do with empathy or stress or whatever
Right ... because there's absolutely no stress and desensitization to violence (degraded empathy/demoralization) involved during a war.

this is some idiot mother****ers having a laugh about killing some brown bearded people and pissing on their dead bodies on camera to laugh about it when they get back to their homes in suburban america.
And I must reiterate again ... That is the product of empathy becoming degraded.

Whatever happens to the property of the formerly living is utterly insignificant in a war to those who are on the battlefield.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:48 pm

che wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:

uh huh... because being a soldier in afghanistan is a notoriously stress free job where a lot of empathy towards the enemy is required :facepalm:

moar white comfortable middle class moralisation pls :coffee:

Yes thats why 99% percent of american soldiers desecrate enemies bodies. When the last time your country was in war? against the austro-hungarian empire? Its amazing how you show understanding to soldiers of a country which you dont identify with and coming from a country which has very little military culture, your answers reveal the attitude of someone who is having a scuffle with some neighborhood jerks and not someone who does a job he believes in and puts his life on the line for family and country.

Btw, I dont consider myself neither white nor middle class. My parents came as immigrants to this country and Ive made it as an adult on my own with their moral support thousand of miles away punk.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:03 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:

Right ... because there's absolutely no stress and desensitization to violence (degraded empathy/demoralization) involved during a war.

this is some idiot mother****ers having a laugh about killing some brown bearded people and pissing on their dead bodies on camera to laugh about it when they get back to their homes in suburban america.
And I must reiterate again ... That is the product of empathy becoming degraded.

Whatever happens to the property of the formerly living is utterly insignificant in a war to those who are on the battlefield.

Yes Abu Ghuraib was cool too, Bombing that mosque in Iraq was great, it was just all releasing the stress of those poooor soldiers.

Everyone can do whatever they want, we can all just blame the environment that the system created!

Maybe now that german dude understands when I say that this hateful, irresponsable world is the one Obama and the Bushies want us to live in.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Why would you blame them for this......they've been mentally exhausted by the effects of war......,they've probably come close to dying /seen friends killed by a bunch of people who by now basically all look the same to them.......come on.....
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:

Yes Abu Ghuraib was cool too, Bombing that mosque in Iraq was great, it was just all releasing the stress of those poooor soldiers.
I don't think you understand my point. It's not about releasing stress. It's about lowered inhibitions.

And I don't feel any pity for the soldiers either. I just find it bizarre to talk about appropriate conduct in a scenario where killing is taking place. It is already highly immoral, inhumane and disgraceful.

It's like complaining about a fart in a hurricane.

Everyone can do whatever they want, we can all just blame the environment that the system created!
We CAN blame the system and/or the environment for the behavior. But that is not to be confused with acceptance of the said behavior, though.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:

I don't think you understand my point. It's not about releasing stress. It's about lowered inhibitions.

And I don't feel any pity for the soldiers either. I just find it bizarre to talk about appropriate conduct in a scenario where killing is taking place. It is already highly immoral, inhumane and disgraceful.

We CAN blame the system and/or the environment for the behavior. But that is not to be confused with acceptance of the said behavior, though.

No we cant, stop it with blaming the system BS. When will this shit stop? This mental weakness we allow is dreadful. Those men disrespected dead bodies and not people dont you get that? Those men also insulted the US Military uniform, everything it stands for and by extension endangered all their fellow marines and US citizens through blowback.

Maybe if the russians invade your country and rape your wife infront of you youll say "Oh I understand, It was the system"
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:36 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:

No we cant, stop it with blaming the system BS. When will this shit stop? This mental weakness we allow is dreadful.
What do you expect from people who are exposed to blood, violence, paranoia, stress etc? You need to learn a thing or two about basic human psychology to understand the impact war has on the mind, because people are not robots as you seem to believe they are.

Those men disrespected dead bodies and not people dont you get that?
No I don't get that. Are you suggesting it's worse to disrespect corpses than living beings? FYI, a corpse doesn't give a flip about what you do.

Those men also insulted the US Military uniform,
Are we pretending that it's not tainted already?

everything it stands for and by extension endangered all their fellow marines and US citizens through blowback.
Who weren't at all endangered already ...

Maybe if the russians invade your country and rape your wife infront of you youll say "Oh I understand, It was the system"
I wouldn't say that but I understand how a troubled psyche works and what we should expect from that.

You seem to have missed the point again.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:
Its amazing how you show understanding to soldiers of a country which you dont identify with and coming from a country which has very little military culture, your answers reveal the attitude of someone who is having a scuffle with some neighborhood jerks and not someone who does a job he believes in and puts his life on the line for family and country.

ignoring the bullshit ad hominem, i'm not showing understanding to "soldiers of a country i don't identify with", i couldn't give a *bleep* if they're american or afghani or zimbabwean... i'm showing understanding of a stressed out person in constant fear for his life who suddenly confronted people who were the source of the fear and defeated them

go read a book on siege mentality under stress please
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:42 pm

What's the point of this........overall who is to blame for this shit.It certainly isn't the soldiers.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:00 am

German soldiers tortured and raped slovakians, but its not morally wrong. Cmon man, it stessfull job you know. At che
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:02 am

They made a conscious decision to piss on those bodies....so they must share some of the blame for this. Fatigue and fear are signs of weakness to a true Marine. They were trained rigorously NOT to succumb to such a weakness and yet these 4 did. It's disgraceful in it's entirety and it only reinforces the contempt the Afghan people must have for us now.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:53 am

ragbirjosh wrote:What's the point of this........overall who is to blame for this shit.It certainly isn't the soldiers.

Then who is? The US military? The military ordered them to piss? These soldiers knew exactly what they were doing, of course they are to blame.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:59 am

It's everyone....it's their side.....it's the taliban.......it's.....Israel and George Bush and whomever else man.

This war should not be happening.

You know what here's the full list

David Ben-Gurion
Daniel Auster
Yitzhak Ben-Zvi
Mordechai Bentov
Eliyahu Berligne
Fritz Bernstein
Rachel Cohen-Kagan
Eliyahu Dobkin
Yehuda Leib Fishman
Wolf Gold
Meir Grabovsky
Avraham Granovsky
Yitzhak Gruenbaum
Kalman Kahana
Eliezer Kaplan
Avraham Katznelson
Saadia Kobashi
Moshe Kolodny
Yitzhak-Meir Levin
Meir David Loewenstein
Zvi Luria
Golda Meyerson
Nahum Nir
David-Zvi Pinkas
Felix Rosenblueth
David Remez
Berl Repetur
Zvi Segal
Mordechai Shatner
Ben-Zion Sternberg
Bechor-Shalom Sheetrit
Haim-Moshe Shapira
Moshe Shertok
Herzl Vardi
Meir Vilner
Zerach Warhaftig
Aharon Zisling
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:00 am

Basically:
1) The soldiers are to blame for disrespecting the dead (pissing on the bodies).

2) But war in general is bad as it results it violence and death... no matter what the technological advances...

3) Disrespecting the dead... no matter what you believe, is in appropriate as the dead are sacred.

Is that sufficient?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:14 am

It's disgusting.

But still less disgusting what the Taliban do to women.

This is NOT an excuse. This is the reason why I fail to get really worked up about it.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:18 am

VivaStPauli wrote:It's disgusting.

This is NOT an excuse. This is the reason why I fail to get really worked up about it.

mean while in amman

US Marines Urinate on Taliban dead soldiers - Page 3 Girls-on-wakalat

but yes we do have thoose extremist's that have their daughters and wives dress like ninjas
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:30 am

ragbirjosh wrote:Why would you blame them for this......they've been mentally exhausted by the effects of war......,they've probably come close to dying /seen friends killed by a bunch of people who by now basically all look the same to them.......come on.....

Mentally exhausted or not, you take it out on something else, not dead bodies. I don't see how the soldiers are not at fault here.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:32 am

supra969 wrote:

mean while in amman

but yes we do have thoose extremist's that have their daughters and wives dress like ninjas

Ninja women are awesome.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:45 am

7amood11 wrote:
supra969 wrote:

mean while in amman

Ninja women are awesome.

ninja women are scary
i dont mind hijab but niqab is creepy dude

as a shop owner they deal with you like shit the walk in like its their shop mess around with evreything ask them how may i help you and youll find the shop torn down into two peaces the next day
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:59 am

Laughing
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:09 pm

McLewis wrote:They made a conscious decision to piss on those bodies....so they must share some of the blame for this. Fatigue and fear are signs of weakness to a true Marine. They were trained rigorously NOT to succumb to such a weakness and yet these 4 did. It's disgraceful in it's entirety and it only reinforces the contempt the Afghan people must have for us now.

RedOranje wrote:Basically:
1) The soldiers are to blame for disrespecting the dead (pissing on the bodies).

2) But war in general is bad as it results it violence and death... no matter what the technological advances...

3) Disrespecting the dead... no matter what you believe, is in appropriate as the dead are sacred.

Is that sufficient?

Thank you, I can see atleast some are sober here.

and you know they are taliban how? you know that they as individuals cut a womens nose off or whatever how?

This argument can easily be expanded to include all natives of that region, then natives of close by regions and then all middle easterners/south-central asians and then all muslims.

This is a slippery slope and a form of collective judgement which we must never enter.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:36 pm

I don't know too much about the Taliban, but I heard they have laws that a man is not allowed to hear a woman speak, and that a man is not allowed to hear a woman's footsteps. I have now idea where they got those laws from or what they're basing them on, but they're completely ridiculous if true.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next