matpol
CroInter
baresi
34 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Inter Milan, is not an Italian club Empty Inter Milan, is not an Italian club

Post by baresi Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:52 pm

OK, if we go around and ask the avg football fan what made the Italian football legacy, what is so special about Italian football, what is Italian football best known for? We all hear the same answer "defencive style" or "catenaccio".

Juventus are concidered the real Italian club therefor called Juvetalian or Italiajuve, so we atleast think that they cretead the Italian legacy in football and they are the biggest contributors to the "catenaccio" style, and because of that all the damage they have done to the Italian football can be overlooked, forgotten and forgiven. On the other hand despite all the benifits that Inter has brought to talian football, Inter are nothing but outsiders that contribute nothing to Italian football and have nothing to do with taly apart from the location.

By going back to the Italian legacy in football and with the help of our keyboards and the comfort of our sofas a little search on "Cattanaccio" and we find out that an Argentine coach that coached INTERNAZIONALE is the CREATOR of Canttanaccio and won two european cups and 4 league titles while other ITALIAN teams are still trying to figure out whats going on.

FORZA JUVE. :coffee:

(for more details on the damge caused by Jve, and the positives contibuted by Inter refer to my previous threads).

baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Inter Milan, is not an Italian club Empty Re: Inter Milan, is not an Italian club

Post by CroInter Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:57 pm

Saw the title, lit my torch, read the piece, put the torch down :coffee:
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Inter Milan, is not an Italian club Empty Re: Inter Milan, is not an Italian club

Post by matpol Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:00 am

Inter Milan, is not an Italian club Popcorn
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:00 am

How have Juve been bigger contributors to "catenaccio" than Inter? Genuine question.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:01 am

matpol wrote:Inter Milan, is not an Italian club Popcorn

Inter Milan, is not an Italian club PopcornInter Milan, is not an Italian club Popcorn
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:05 am

The Franchise wrote:How have Juve been bigger contributors to "catenaccio" than Inter? Genuine question.

Who says they did? Inter made catenaccio.

You didnt get the anti-Juve memo from Baresi?
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:06 am

Catenaccio? You might want to look up Karl Rappan, an Austrian coach who invented the "Schweizer Riegel" that was used by Grashoppers Zürich and the Swiss NT in the 1930es.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:07 am

Indeed, I am aware. Waiting for some kind of reasoning before deciede to lock or not.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:09 am

rwo power wrote:Catenaccio? You might want to look up Karl Rappan, an Austrian coach who invented the "Schweizer Riegel" that was used by Grashoppers Zürich and the Swiss NT in the 1930es.

Yes but Hererra perfected it and made it famous and made what it is til this day.
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:13 am

CroInter wrote:
rwo power wrote:Catenaccio? You might want to look up Karl Rappan, an Austrian coach who invented the "Schweizer Riegel" that was used by Grashoppers Zürich and the Swiss NT in the 1930es.
Yes but Hererra perfected it and made it famous and made what it is til this day.
Sure. But perfecting something isn't inventing something Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:18 am

This thread

:facepalm:
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:21 am

rwo power wrote:
CroInter wrote:
Sure. But perfecting something isn't inventing something Smile

Just looking from wiki page you can see it looks quite different...

I dunno i wasnt alive in 60s so i cant tell :coffee:
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:23 am

Lol cool thread.

Not sure of the point though
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:27 am

Well, a while ago I read some German text on defensive tactics when I looked up the development of the Italian catenaccio out of curiousity, and there Karl Rappan was given as the origin of the idea. Looks like he was pretty successful in his days with it, too. The name of his tactic "Schweizer Riegel" (="Swiss lock bar") invokes the image pretty nicely, just as "catenaccio" does, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:27 am

I think its fair to sayRappan´s idea influenced catenaccio, I wouldnt say copied. Everything I have read suggests as much.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:31 am

The Franchise wrote:How have Juve been bigger contributors to "catenaccio" than Inter? Genuine question.

my point is Juves contribution to talian football is nothing comapred to Inters, yet Inter are the ones concidered non italian while they are the creators of the Italian legacy.

This is by no way bashing Juve it is just pointing out how much Inter has contributed to Italian football?

And this raises another question is there really an Italian football legacy, I mean if we look at the history of "Catenaccio" was created outside Italy, brought to Italy by a non talian and perfected by an Argentine, so can we safely say it is a stolen legacy?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:33 am

some sore Inter fan negged it. Clubber
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:33 am

Well, there is only a finite number of possibilities how to set up 10 outfield players on the pitch. Who knows, maybe one could even argue that a tactic with 3 defenders, 4 in midfield and three attackers is originally based on the good ol' WM-system of old Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:43 am

baresi wrote:

my point is Juves contribution to talian football is nothing comapred to Inters, yet Inter are the ones concidered non italian while they are the creators of the Italian legacy.

This is by no way bashing Juve it is just pointing out how much Inter has contributed to Italian football?

And this raises another question is there really an Italian football legacy, I mean if we look at the history of "Catenaccio" was created outside Italy, brought to Italy by a non talian and perfected by an Argentine, so can we safely say it is a stolen legacy?

They are considered non Italian by who? And if so, thats surely because they are a team with the history of having "International" players?

I dont see why you need this title, your touching on like 2 or 3 different titles. Its probably why nobody is discussing it effectively.

Catenaccio is a system created by a non Italian coach, but it is most famed for its use on Italian teams. Its therefore known for being "Italian", especially considering the Argentine coach who used it didnt stamp its effective in Argentina who had their own way of playing.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:47 am

It is very possible for someone to invent something even if it was done before.

I am not saying that Herrera invented it, but it could be possible that he came up with the system on his own.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:53 am

kiranr wrote:

It is very possible for someone to invent something even if it was done before.

I am not saying that Herrera invented it, but it could be possible that he came up with the system on his own.

He didnt invent, he made it famous. Just to answer what seemed a question.

Nereo Rocco "took it" to Italy.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:55 am

kiranr wrote:It is very possible for someone to invent something even if it was done before.

That's true. Although I think that persons who become coaches will likely study successful tactics of other teams, too. And there is no shame in taking ideas that are successful and developing them forth to become even better. After all, that's how things develop nowadays, too. Many "revolutionary" systems are in fact rooted in past tactics, too. As I mentioned, the 3-4-3 systems is rather similar to the pretty old WM system, too. There are only finite possibilities to set up 10 outfield players on the pitch Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:01 am

Coming up next - Barcelona is not a spanish club!

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:04 am

Maybe someone should rename the thread "How Italian is the catenaccio"? Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:05 am

Juventus is not even the pride of Italy since they buy Italian players from other Italian clubs, right baresi? Laughing

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next