Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

+64
El Blanco Madridista
Perucho21
Mr Nick09
Claudio84
Hapless_Hans
guest_07
Nivash
futbol_bill
The Demon of Carthage
rwo power
sree999
M99
Kick
Thimmy
LeVersacci
Jack Daniels
shadexticos
terrance511
Lupi
Beautiful Football
futbol
titosantill
Nedved
jibers
Robespierre
Killer
Motogp69
Uncanny
sportsczy
chad4401
Cyborg
buddytaller
Adit
Pedram
halamadrid2
FalcaoPunch
izzy
Arquitecto
Doc
Valkyrja
Babun
Kuru
guest7
LeBéninois
FennecFox7
Le Samourai
VanDeezNuts
punkfusion1992
EarlyPrototype
Zealous
teamanarchy
Lord Hades
LeSwagg James
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
ijomer
Calebvision
the xcx
StevieRayVaughan
Mamad
Onyx
la bestia negra
Ganso
raulmadrid4vr
68 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by sportsczy Fri May 10, 2013 11:44 pm

Again... we beat Spurs 4-0 in the first leg and he scored the 4th goal. Really had no big impact. That was the Di Maria and Adebayor show. Second leg meant zilch after that.

He was absolute mehness against Lyon and i watched all those games since I live in France. Not only that, i dislike Lyon and i had to listen to the Lyon defense get overrated by all the pundits here for making CR7 look average. Deceived NT managers to keep calling up Reveillere, which was very annoying. How i cursed Ronaldo and others for making Lyon look good lol.

We all know Barca...

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo-the most overrated player of all time?

Post by Mamad Fri May 10, 2013 11:47 pm

Why talk about games if you don't remember them? Suspect

I said he was poor vs Barca (numerous times now) but he was poor vs Lyon and fcking Spurs? Yeah, sure he was.

What i meant by "what are you talking about" was your sentence about me waiting for others to respond.

Yeah he was bad against Lyon. against Tottenham too he scored yeah but they played with 10 men and Ronaldo did score but scoring doesn't always mean you played good.

but he was half injured i think so not a big deal. and i didn't mention Tottenham at all.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri May 10, 2013 11:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:Again... we beat Spurs 4-0 in the first leg and he scored the 4th goal. Really had no big impact. That was the Di Maria and Adebayor show. Second leg meant zilch after that.

He was absolute mehness against Lyon and i watched all those games since I live in France. Not only that, i dislike Lyon and i had to listen to the Lyon defense get overrated by all the pundits here for making CR7 look average. Deceived NT managers to keep calling up Reveillere, which was very annoying. How i cursed Ronaldo and others for making Lyon look good lol.

We all know Barca...

So because we beat Spurs 4-0, he did nothing and didn't play well? Ok then. And no, it wasn't the Adebayor and Di Maria show, it was the Alonso show, right from the off he controlled the whole game and spread the play to his brilliant best.

Again, the WHOLE team was meh against Lyon in the first leg but the return leg, only him, Higgy and Guti showed they had a damn pulse and put in a performance that they could walk away from with thinking they actually tried their best.

But if that qualifies as meh.....
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 10, 2013 11:50 pm

We didn't have very big games other than Barca in the first 2 years tbh... we kept getting eliminated in CL by Lyon early Evil or Very Mad

In the third year... we lucked out a bit with good draws against Spurs and APOEL. Not really powerhouses.

It was mostly Barca, a few Milan games in pool and Lyon in those years. CR7 was not the only one to crash against Lyon... that was a crashfest for years.

My only point is that he wasn't decisive for us when it really mattered until the Barca game in January 2012. After that... he's been a beast. Truly stepped it up.

I think it's a compliment i'm making actually lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri May 10, 2013 11:52 pm

Mamad wrote:
Why talk about games if you don't remember them? Suspect

I said he was poor vs Barca (numerous times now) but he was poor vs Lyon and fcking Spurs? Yeah, sure he was.

What i meant by "what are you talking about" was your sentence about me waiting for others to respond.

Yeah he was bad against Lyon. against Tottenham too he scored yeah but they played with 10 men and Ronaldo did score but scoring doesn't always mean you played good.

but he was half injured i think so not a big deal. and i didn't mention Tottenham at all.

Already talked about this. Never mentioned anything about him scoring to be impact-full.

Don't care if it was 10 men. You still have to perform and get the job done, which him and the team did.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 10, 2013 11:52 pm

Ok whatever you say Izzy. Let's just agree to disagree. Moving on...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sat May 11, 2013 8:17 am

I find the topic of this thread stupid, I am not a madrid fan, but I will say ronaldo is by no means overrated. The only reason I would think of him as overrated is due to his cockiness, which is irrelevent, also I don't think he is a great free kick taker. But that aside, he is phenomenal for madrid (I'm sure this has been said by a number of people throughout this thread). He is always exlclusively marked, and he still manages to be madrids incredible goal scorer, heck both your strikers can't even come close to what he does (considering he is a major ball hogger haha). Without ronaldo, Madrid will still be a strong team but it won't be a dominant team sorry. An overrated player would be someone like lukas podoski (and I like that guy!).
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun May 12, 2013 4:01 am

Yeah, for me Ronaldo is, and will always be the best. I have no problem with him being king douche of the world, because when he's on that pitch (practice or match), I know that he will work harder than anyone else in the world.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 12, 2013 3:31 pm

Motogp69 wrote:Yeah, for me Ronaldo is, and will always be the best. I have no problem with him being king douche of the world, because when he's on that pitch (practice or match), I know that he will work harder than anyone else in the world.

Proud

(lol at king douche of the world eco smile)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon May 13, 2013 1:56 am

Some of the posts here :facepalm:

the ronaldo haters coming out of the closet to hate yet again
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:05 pm

after 3 years, things not changed

shot accuracy:
Ibrahimovic 22 goals 129 shots 5.2
Ronaldo 22 goals(8pk, 3 fk) 161 shots 7.7
Messi 14 goals 81 shots 4.8
Aguero 15 goals 70 shots(0pk)4.1
Suarez 23 goals 123 shots(0pk) 5.6
Diego Costa 21 goals 80 shots 3.2
Cavani 13 goals 67 shots 3.2
Lewandowski 14 goals 81 shots 3.2

He don't score in 18 games this session among Liga, Copa and Ucl,
the total goals are in 14 games, 33 goals in 14 games.

he is not a decisive player.

Last edited by Killer on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:21 pm

Killer wrote:after 3 years, things not changed

shot accuracy:
Ibrahimovic 22 goals 129 shots 5.2
Ronaldo 22 goals(8pk, 3 fk) 161 shots 7.7
Messi 14 goals 81 shots 4.8
Aguero 15 goals 70 shots(0pk)4.1
Suarez 23 goals 123 shots(opk) 5.6
Diego Costa 21 goals 80 shots 3.2
Cavani 13 goals 67 shots 3.2
Lewandowski 14 goals 81 shots 3.2

He don't score in 18 games this session among Liga, Copa and Ucl,
the total goals are in 14 games, 33 goals in 14 games.

he is not a decisive player.

Laughing 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:41 pm

I don't think it fully means he isn't decisive. I mean give him a 1v1 and 90% of the time he'll score it. What it means is he just likes to extra shots compared to other players. Plus when you're as good as him with long shots then I don't think it's too bad.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:35 pm

This thread again!?>!!!

Still a great read and all but no one is gonna budge in their opinion.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:46 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think it fully means he isn't decisive. I mean give him a 1v1 and 90% of the time he'll score it. What it means is he just likes to extra shots compared to other players. Plus when you're as good as him with long shots then I don't think it's too bad.

he is not decisive, is a fact.
He was orrible against Borussia last year. The thing that makes me laugh is that when he does some tap-ins he automatically becomes the best player on the team, and he gets all the credits, on the contrary, when the team sucks, is not the fault of Cristiano,  are his teammates, that are overrated.

another excuse for Cr7 is: "Cr7 is a winger"

lol a winger, most of the time he is a poacher striker.
whoscored.com, shows how its contribution in defense is poor, and also his ability to send a cross is poor, two things very important, for the real wingers

For me he is not a Better player than Ribery or Robben.
Ribery and Robben in top of the form are more dangerous than him

Last edited by Killer on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:48 pm

Killer wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think it fully means he isn't decisive. I mean give him a 1v1 and 90% of the time he'll score it. What it means is he just likes to extra shots compared to other players. Plus when you're as good as him with long shots then I don't think it's too bad.

He was orrible against Borussia last year. The thing that makes me laugh and that when he does some tap-ins he automatically becomes the best player on the team, and he gets all the credits, on the contrary, when the team sucks, is not the fault of Cristiano,  are his teammates, that are overrated.

he was injured against borussia.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:54 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Killer wrote:

He was orrible against Borussia last year. The thing that makes me laugh and that when he does some tap-ins he automatically becomes the best player on the team, and he gets all the credits, on the contrary, when the team sucks, is not the fault of Cristiano,  are his teammates, that are overrated.

he scored a tap-in, he was not injured

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:00 pm

Killer wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
Killer wrote:

Ok so Ribery and Robben are better than Messi too?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 pm

Killer wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
Killer wrote:

What a load of bullshit. Way to put the ball in the other court and discount ronaldos advantages

IF you look at who scored, it ALSO states that his through balls, key passes, and his dribbling are his strong points. Which shows how stats dont tell the whole story because his crossing is actually very good and his dribbling is average..

no one on the team is good at attacking crosses bar cristiano himself and maybe bale.. benzema is a ball at his feet kind of player and isnt a poacher
Half the time cristiano deflects the ball off a player on purpose to win corners.. because ramos and pepe are much bigger and more dangerous threats in the air
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:24 am

After this performance against a mediocre team, cr7 will be further overrated and his teammates underrated(bale and Benzema were mutch better than him in this game).
Against big teams, he will return to be the rabbit that he is.

Last edited by Killer on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:28 am

Killer wrote:

He was orrible against Borussia last year. The thing that makes me laugh is that when he does some tap-ins he automatically becomes the best player on the team, and he gets all the credits, on the contrary, when the team sucks, is not the fault of Cristiano,  are his teammates, that are overrated.

another excuse for Cr7 is: "Cr7 is a winger"

lol a winger, most of the time he is a poacher striker.
whoscored.com, shows how its contribution in defense is poor, and also his ability to send a cross is poor, two things very important, for the real wingers

I agree that it is partly Ronaldo's fault when we do lose. His lack of tracking back has cost us in big games over the years.

Also not every winger is the same. Ronaldo is a goalscoring/inside forward winger. His job is to score goals, so it doesn't really matter if he can't cross. However he does need to track back.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:39 am

Killer wrote:After this performance against a mediocre team, cr7 will be further overrated and his teammates underrated(bale and Benzema was mutch better than him in this game).
Against big teams, he will return to be the rabbit that he is.

Why are you still posting?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:21 pm

His free kicks are overrated or at least can be considered as very and I mean very inconsistent.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:05 am

FalcaoPunch wrote:His free kicks are overrated or at least can be considered as very and I mean very inconsistent.

good looking when the ball goes in, but very inconsistent yes. still, his style of kicking is the best tbh
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:01 am

His shots are good. His fks suck unless theyre from distance.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:12 am

The two from the game against Atl were just outside the box and they were absolutely terrible.

His technique/way he hits the ball is perfect for distance shots but when they're that close he need to contemplate switching it up.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next