Ik7
Zealous
Babun
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Benz' popularity Empty Benz' popularity

Post by Babun Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:37 pm

Benz is unpopular compared to Higgy in Spanish media. Higgy is somewhat like a homegrown Spaniard for them who is known for many years, Pipa. Benz is a newcomer who didn't impress at all in his first 1.5 years Very Happy
What's the fastest way to regain his popularity? eco smile
Frank Lampard is an ugly, boring guy who was compared to Xavi at some point. He was known as English super mid... eco smile
More importantly, he was engaged to a Spanish model, Elen Rivas, for seven years. Spaniards still like him and cheer him in games outside of Spain although there's seemingly no connection. In short, he needs a Spanish GF and preferably one who is well known eco smile
The success on sporting front can come later with his back free eco smile

P.S. Don't take this thread too seriously eco smile Still, there's some truth to the story how to feel more 'familiar' somewhere eco smile

Last edited by babun1024 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Benz' popularity Empty Re: Benz' popularity

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:54 pm

I actually think that Benz' popularity is very good. He was always overwhelmingly voted by Madrid fans to start when he was in form second half of last year and this year... Madrid fans are fickle. They will always vote for the player who seems to be playing the best at the time.

Early this year, when Higuain was struggling, i remember a Marca poll that overwhelmingly showed fans wanted Benz to start.

All my Spanish Madrid fans (the ones who actually were born and raised as fans) don't prefer one over the other. They consider them as foreign players... even Higuain and Marcelo. Only Spanish-born players get some bias, which is completely understandable. As with Bill, the Madrid fans i know want more Spanish players on the team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:46 am

Wut? Marca suck off Benzema every chance they get. Higuain gets little to no love from them.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:51 am

Doesn't matter since they're both getting equal time and playing great... Personally, i love it because it's perfect for the France NT and the upcoming Euro. Will keep Benz sharp and relatively fresh. All the other top players in Europe will be destroyed as usual come Euro time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ik7 Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:09 am

sportsczy wrote:Doesn't matter since they're both getting equal time and playing great... Personally, i love it because it's perfect for the France NT and the upcoming Euro. Will keep Benz sharp and relatively fresh. All the other top players in Europe will be destroyed as usual come Euro time.
\

I don't think so. France will perhaps qualify from the group stage but I don't see them going beyond the semi-finals. They still lack the real playmaker that can make them play like a team again. They still need to find Zidane's successor. Their defense will probably save them in this Euro.
Ik7
Ik7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:36 am

Ik7 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Doesn't matter since they're both getting equal time and playing great... Personally, i love it because it's perfect for the France NT and the upcoming Euro. Will keep Benz sharp and relatively fresh. All the other top players in Europe will be destroyed as usual come Euro time.
\

I don't think so. France will perhaps qualify from the group stage but I don't see them going beyond the semi-finals. They still lack the real playmaker that can make them play like a team again. They still need to find Zidane's successor. Their defense will probably save them in this Euro.

Italian teams have relied on defense and counter attacks since forever... it's a formula that wins. Not an attractive one. But one nonetheless.

Platini and Zidane type players don't grow on trees unfortunately. Have to adjust until someone emerges and allows you to play a more attacking style.

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:39 am

Ik7 wrote:
\

A new poster! Welcome Very Happy
Do you have a French connection by chance? eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:41 am

sportsczy wrote:
Ik7 wrote:
\

Italian teams have relied on defense and counter attacks since forever... it's a formula that wins. Not an attractive one. But one nonetheless.

Platini and Zidane type players don't grow on trees unfortunately. Have to adjust until someone emerges and allows you to play a more attacking style.
Share the stuff you smoke with me, sports eco smile
The sport evolved, unless you don't stop 'some' teams by attacking them, they'll score on you at some point. No defence can defend against fast passes forever eco smile
The defence is a solid basis to win something but not everything eco smile

Last edited by babun1024 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:46 am

babun1024 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Ik7 wrote:
\

The sport evolved, unless you don't stop 'some' teams by attacking them, they'll score on you at some point. no defence can defend against fast passes forever eco smile

With Benz, Ribery, Nasri, Remy, etc., you're going to attack of course... but with counter attacks as opposed to build up play. That's the only difference. Besides, Italy won the WC this way in 2006 and a few times before that. Germany used to be the master at this.... you know it as well as i do that it's a winning formula. I personally don't like it; but I understand it. You need a solid defense, great goaltender, great ball recovery midfielders and a couple of difference makers on the attack. That's exactly what France NT has at the moment.

This was Madrid's style last year too lol.

Germany only changed its style of play with Low... and Germany has yet to win anything with this new style. Italy remains with its traditional system. Etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:51 am

sportsczy wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Ik7 wrote:
\

The sport evolved, unless you don't stop 'some' teams by attacking them, they'll score on you at some point. no defence can defend against fast passes forever eco smile

With Benz, Ribery, Nasri, Remy, etc., you're going to attack of course... but with counter attacks as opposed to build up play. That's the only difference. Besides, Italy won the WC this way in 2006 and a few times before that. Germany used to be the master at this.... you know it as well as i do that it's a winning formula. I personally don't like it; but I understand it. You need a solid defense, great goaltender, great ball recovery midfielders and a couple of difference makers on the attack. That's exactly what France NT has at the moment.

This was Madrid's style last year too lol.

Germany only changed its style of play with Low... and Germany has yet to win anything with this new style. Italy remains with its traditional system. Etc.

You didn't get me completely sports. I'm saying, a solid defence is the basic foundation to win something, no disagreement there. My point was you'll need some source of creativity to survive the biggest obstacles. That Italy had a Pirlo in his prime. The Germany of past you were talking about had players like Muller, Hässler, Matheus etc. eco smile
Benz isn't complete yet and Ribery operates on the wing, he could easily be double teamed. I don't rate the rest, specially the midfield eco smile
The comparison with RM is also shallow, you won't find Alonsos and Ozils in every corner eco smile

Last edited by babun1024 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:51 am

Even germany 2010 was build on counter attack aka,move the ball as fast to opposition box.

conservative styles wins you cups,Spain 2010,italy,2006,greece 2004 etc...Even this barcelona is kind of conservative team if you think deep.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:59 am

Oh come on Babun... Pirlo a creative force? No way. He was a great all around midfielder who was efficient at everything he did. Acted as a great link. But never a creative midfielder. The creativity came from the Baggio, Del Piero, Rossi types for them. The German teams of the past relied on similar midfielders and great forwards. Biroff, Rummenigge, Littbarski, etc. Mattheus, Hassler, etc. were all workhorse all around... not creative types. In Europe, only the Dutch, French, Spanish and Portuguese practiced the total football style, which is why they produced great creative midfielders.

France currently has the same thing going... Cabaye and M'Vila midfield and Benz, Ribery, Remy, Nasri etc. up front. That's what they're going to go with. The "French Flair" style is over for now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:Oh come on Babun... Pirlo a creative force? No way. He was a great all around midfielder who was efficient at everything he did. Acted as a great link. But never a creative midfielder. The creativity came from the Baggio, Del Piero, Rossi types for them. The German teams of the past relied on similar midfielders and great forwards. Biroff, Rummenigge, Littbarski, etc. Mattheus, Hassler, etc. were all workhorse all around... not creative types. In Europe, only the Dutch, French, Spanish and Portuguese practiced the total football style, which is why they produced great creative midfielders.

France currently has the same thing going... Cabaye and M'Vila midfield and Benz, Ribery, Remy, Nari etc. up front. That's what they're going to go with. The "French Flair" style is over for now.
You underestimate the guy a lot eco smile Ballack was a creative force as well eco smile
France doesn't have that kind of alround midfielder, nothing even close eco smile If you're going to field a lot of DMs in midfield then you need an AM to do at least something. But who for France? eco smile

@Adit, your so called 'conservative' style comes with age+ experience. Just following coach's instructions aren't enough to win in big cup games. The tactical awareness for big games comes from experience. As a unit, the team will have their own chemistry and awareness of what to do at what point, when to attack and when to PTB eco smile
That's one of the reasons I think that Germany aren't a favourite for EC at all eco smile
We need a core of at least 6 players in the team who're 25+, preferably in defence. We have a better shot in the next WC though because Ozil, Muller, Kroos and co. will mature somewhat by the time eco smile The EC after the next WC is where I'm sure that we'll be the absolute favourites eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:11 pm

Ballack wasn't creative to me... just a complete bull. Very strong and very efficient. That's exactly what you need in international competition. If you get very lucky, you have a Ballack-type to go with a Ozil-type. If not, you get more conservative.

One thing i have a feeling is going to happen based what i'm hearing over here is that Blanc plans to use a very aggressive pressure defense like Barca uses since he has to compensate for the midfield. The idea is that, if you recover the ball in the opponent's side, you really don't need to have the greatest creativity in the midfield... you're already in the attacking 1/3 almost. Remains to be seen if he has time to implement. Not too much practice time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ik7 Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:17 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Ik7 wrote:
\

I speak French and in my countries the channels I watch are TF1, Canal+...
So, I usually follow french football.
Ik7
Ik7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:Ballack wasn't creative to me... just a complete bull. Very strong and very efficient. That's exactly what you need in international competition. If you get very lucky, you have a Ballack-type to go with a Ozil-type. If not, you get more conservative.

One thing i have a feeling is going to happen based what i'm hearing over here is that Blanc plans to use a very aggressive pressure defense like Barca uses since he has to compensate for the midfield. The idea is that, if you recover the ball in the opponent's side, you really don't need to have the greatest creativity in the midfield... you're already in the attacking 1/3 almost. Remains to be seen if he has time to implement. Not too much practice time.
Low implemented already. In the game against Netherlands, Ozil, Muller, Klose and Podolski were pressing them like crazy. The only difference, we don't press for extended periods of time, 'possession' kicks in to take breaks eco smile
I think Mou is trying to do the same with Real Madrid eco smile We play like Germany without piggy, with better attackers and less team play eco smile
Ik7 wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Ik7 wrote:
\

I speak French and in my countries the channels I watch are TF1, Canal+...
So, I usually follow french football.
Sportsczy is French and follows lige 1 closely, I mean really closely eco smile St_Nick is the other French speaker here eco smile In general section, just_doit and Ol_power are you typical French fans eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:22 pm

babun1024 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Ballack wasn't creative to me... just a complete bull. Very strong and very efficient. That's exactly what you need in international competition. If you get very lucky, you have a Ballack-type to go with a Ozil-type. If not, you get more conservative.

Low implemented already. In the game against Netherlands, Ozil, Muller, Klose and Podolski were pressing them like crazy. The only difference, we don't press for extended periods of time, 'possession' kicks in to take breaks eco smile
I think Mou is trying to do the same with Real Madrid eco smile We play like Germany without piggy, with better attackers and less team play eco smile

Yeah... the German-France friendly is going to be interesting. If there are no injuries (hopefully), you will see both sides with their top sides. This is where Blanc will go with a 4-3-3 and a very aggressive pressing style. France has the better defenders and defensive mids... Germany has the better creativity. It will be interesting who is able to push the other. The Dutch are stubborn with their style... won't adjust. Won't be the case here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ik7 Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks for the advice.
Ik7
Ik7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ik7 Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:32 pm

If Ribery can find his Bayern form with the French National Team, then France may have a chance at the Euro. You've also got to agree that at the moment, Germay has more young talents(Ozil, Gotze, Muller, Reus, Shrulle)
than france. The friendly between them is going to be interesting.
Ik7
Ik7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:41 pm

Ik7 wrote:If Ribery can find his Bayern form with the French National Team, then France may have a chance at the Euro. You've also got to agree that at the moment, Germay has more young talents(Ozil, Gotze, Muller, Reus, Shrulle)
than france. The friendly between them is going to be interesting.
We have a chatbox at matchdays. All the posters are there. Click on 'goal-legacy' to join it eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:32 pm

sportsczy wrote:Oh come on Babun... Pirlo a creative force? No way. He was a great all around midfielder who was efficient at everything he did. Acted as a great link. But never a creative midfielder. The creativity came from the Baggio, Del Piero, Rossi types for them. The German teams of the past relied on similar midfielders and great forwards. Biroff, Rummenigge, Littbarski, etc. Mattheus, Hassler, etc. were all workhorse all around... not creative types. In Europe, only the Dutch, French, Spanish and Portuguese practiced the total football style, which is why they produced great creative midfielders.

France currently has the same thing going... Cabaye and M'Vila midfield and Benz, Ribery, Remy, Nasri etc. up front. That's what they're going to go with. The "French Flair" style is over for now.

wut the... Edit that. Now.
Damn sport wth have u been smokin lately? Pirlo > Xavi & Xabi in creativity, playmaking, ball distribution.
Pirlo may be 32 but he is still the best deep lying playmaker in the world. and with his technical skills he can keep going at the top level for probably 3-5 more years...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:46 pm

Xavi and Xabi are not creative midfielders Turok. They're facilitating midfielders... we're talking about #10 here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:56 pm

sportsczy wrote:Xavi and Xabi are not creative midfielders Turok. They're facilitating midfielders... we're talking about #10 here.

and still pirlo wins here. when u got pirlo, u dont need another playmaker on the field. why wud u when u got pirlo? heck u wudnt even need them facilitating mids when u got pirlo.
u underrate his abilities sport. keep this in mind, with pirlo in a formation with ams, those ams better be able to provide width and finish chances well or else they be a waste of space. u dont need a playmaking am when u got pirlo. pirlo is a great example of wut a #10 shud be.

when u got pirlo, all u need is ball winners in midfield and wingers or ams that can score up front.

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:59 pm

sportsczy wrote:Xavi and Xabi are not creative midfielders Turok. They're facilitating midfielders... we're talking about #10 here.
We have a misunderstanding here. I differentiate between creating from deep (Xabi) and upfront (Ozil). Pirlo could move in either roles, just saying... eco smile
He was a regista as well at the same time. The goal that was scored in semifinal against Germany by Grosso was created by Pirlo. I don't know what you understand under 'creating' but Pirlo has always been creative one way or the other eco smile The bully, you mentioned, (Ballack) could score or assist from midfield, dictate the game from deep and so on eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:04 pm

babun1024 wrote:
We have a misunderstanding here. I differentiate between creating from deep (Xabi) and upfront (Ozil). Pirlo could move in either roles, just saying... eco smile
He was a regista as well at the same time. The goal that was scored in semifinal against Germany by Grosso was created by Pirlo. I don't know what you understand under 'creating' but Pirlo has always been creative one way or the other eco smile The bully, you mentioned, (Ballack) could score or assist from midfield, dictate the game from deep and so on eco smile

I'm talking pure #10 babun. That's the missing ingredient with France. We have all the other types. Pirlo, Ballack, etc. are not #10s at all. They're creative for their positions of course... But none of those guys are comparable in any way to a #10. Ozil is getting there. France lacks a "Ozil".

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next