Zealous
Babun
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Benz' popularity - Page 2 Empty Re: Benz' popularity

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2011, 17:04

babun1024 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Xavi and Xabi are not creative midfielders Turok. They're facilitating midfielders... we're talking about #10 here.
We have a misunderstanding here. I differentiate between creating from deep (Xabi) and upfront (Ozil). Pirlo could move in either roles, just saying... eco smile
He was a regista as well at the same time. The goal that was scored in semifinal against Germany by Grosso was created by Pirlo. I don't know what you understand under 'creating' but Pirlo has always been creative one way or the other eco smile The bully, you mentioned, (Ballack) could score or assist from midfield, dictate the game from deep and so on eco smile

I'm talking pure #10 babun. That's the missing ingredient with France. We have all the other types. Pirlo, Ballack, etc. are not #10s at all. They're creative for their positions of course... But none of those guys are comparable in any way to a #10. Ozil is getting there. France lacks a "Ozil".

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat 19 Nov 2011, 17:17

sportsczy wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Xavi and Xabi are not creative midfielders Turok. They're facilitating midfielders... we're talking about #10 here.
We have a misunderstanding here. I differentiate between creating from deep (Xabi) and upfront (Ozil). Pirlo could move in either roles, just saying... eco smile
He was a regista as well at the same time. The goal that was scored in semifinal against Germany by Grosso was created by Pirlo. I don't know what you understand under 'creating' but Pirlo has always been creative one way or the other eco smile The bully, you mentioned, (Ballack) could score or assist from midfield, dictate the game from deep and so on eco smile

I'm talking pure #10 babun. That's the missing ingredient with France. We have all the other types. Pirlo, Ballack, etc. are not #10s at all. They're creative for their positions of course... But none of those guys are comparable in any way to a #10. Ozil is getting there. France lacks a "Ozil".
I said in my previous post alrady, if you field many DM's then you need a 10 Very Happy
As far as midfielders go, Cabaya or M'Vila are nowhere near Alonso/Ballack/Pirlo league Very Happy No 10 AND no dictator, that's why I said, in big games France will choke not matter how good the defenders are Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Sat 19 Nov 2011, 17:44

omg
clearly you are wearing some wierd blinders
because it is exactly the opposite
Marca and AS love Benzema like their own son and shun Higuain like he is the freaking devil
lol
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2011, 17:49

Babun... whatever makes you sleep well at night lol. Cabaye and M'Vila are clearly two of the best recovery and facilitating midfielders out there. They don't need to be WC... just very solid. The entire back line and keeper for France is WC or right on the verge. Benzema and Ribery are also clearly WC. You don't need a worldbeater in the middle for us. Just someone who transitions through. We will not concede more than a goal 99% of the time (haven't conceded 2 since WC). So it just comes down to doing enough scoring to win.

Euro is more to set the stage for WC since we are young mostly. Quarterfinals is the goal. Once you get there of course, anything can happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat 19 Nov 2011, 17:56

I think sport means creativity more towards the final third then the midfield
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat 19 Nov 2011, 18:10

Turok_TTZ wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Oh come on Babun... Pirlo a creative force? No way. He was a great all around midfielder who was efficient at everything he did. Acted as a great link. But never a creative midfielder. The creativity came from the Baggio, Del Piero, Rossi types for them. The German teams of the past relied on similar midfielders and great forwards. Biroff, Rummenigge, Littbarski, etc. Mattheus, Hassler, etc. were all workhorse all around... not creative types. In Europe, only the Dutch, French, Spanish and Portuguese practiced the total football style, which is why they produced great creative midfielders.

France currently has the same thing going... Cabaye and M'Vila midfield and Benz, Ribery, Remy, Nasri etc. up front. That's what they're going to go with. The "French Flair" style is over for now.

wut the... Edit that. Now.
Damn sport wth have u been smokin lately? Pirlo > Xavi & Xabi in creativity, playmaking, ball distribution.
Pirlo may be 32 but he is still the best deep lying playmaker in the world. and with his technical skills he can keep going at the top level for probably 3-5 more years...

This.

Pirlo is one of the best deep-lying playmakers in history. He's famous for his ability to create attacks, and as proof, just watch Juve's goals this season. How is he not creative?
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2011, 18:15

Again, ffs, i'm talking about a #10.. not deep-lying midfielders. Deep-lying midfielders, without a #10, usually create with precise passes on counterattacks. I'm talking about a mid who can control the pace, create and make buildup. Pirlo is a legend of course... but he's not that guy. Would you guys categorize Zidane and Pirlo together? F No. They play completely different positions on the field. Alonso, Xavi and Pirlo... absolutely. Sheesh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat 19 Nov 2011, 18:33

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Ok, we understand the game differently Very Happy For me, you need both types in a team and at least one of them to compete at all. I mean either a nr.10 or a DLP eco smile
I made it clear that in my opinion France doesn't possess both! That's why they'll struggle in big games Very Happy
P.S. Zidane was your 10 but Viera was the guy who distributed from deeper eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2011, 18:54

babun1024 wrote:Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Ok, we understand the game differently Very Happy For me, you need both types in a team and at least one of them to compete at all. I mean either a nr.10 or a DLP eco smile
I made it clear that in my opinion France doesn't possess both! That's why they'll struggle in big games Very Happy
P.S. Zidane was your 10 but Viera was the guy who distributed from deeper eco smile

And we won nothing with that, although we got close in 2006. When Deschamps was the ball recovery player and Petit acted as the facilitator, we won the WC and Euro.

Maybe you don't rate M'Vila, Cabaye, etc. But the rest of the world does. And my point is that we need to play tough D and rely on counterattacks because we lack the #10 to allow us to build up properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2