guest7
Sushi Master
Harmonica
Mr Nick09
baresi
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Real Madrid under Mourinho. - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid under Mourinho.

Post by Highburied Sun 2 Oct - 14:27:56

Real Madrid are more attractive than Barcelona imo...

Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun 2 Oct - 15:18:48

I wouldn't say Real are a defensive team, but Mou's philsophy is defense first.

Last year he made significant improvement in the defense players and this year he is getting the forwards to play a team defense (not only coming back, but trying to recovery ball in the offensive zone (ala Barcelona and Spanish NT).

Their offense is more counter attack and quick forward single plays as opposed to a ball control, possession, and patience type of offense. Given the goal ratios, it is obviously working. The scary part is this offensive system is just starting to evolve so who knows what the numbers might be in a year from now!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Sun 2 Oct - 15:29:28

Mr.Hendrix wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:The criticism is more along the lines of playing "defensive" (too mild a statement in my point of view) against superior teams.

teams? Which teams did they play defensively against apart from Barca? You cant beat Barca at their own game, you need to play something you can beat them with. I would be pissed if Atleti tried to play their normal game (like the way they recently failed), you need to be way more careful/defensive against Barca as their quality is simply too much.

I doubt Real would play defensive like they did against Barca against other teams like Man-U or Bayern because the quality is the same in all these teams. Barca clearly is an exception, hence the defensive display. I wished Atleti had a manager (with the managerial qualities of Mou), i freaking hate manzano.

Actually you can do it if you play there own game, not the possession part but the pressuring part. We saw a glimpse of it in the super copa, if we master it then its an even match Very Happy
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2