Shamirr
Senor Penguin
DagenhamDave
the xcx
Vibe
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Alien encounter expected within 20 years - Page 2 Empty Re: Alien encounter expected within 20 years

Post by rwo power Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:51 am

zizzle wrote:^^which means us being the alpha race that destroys the weaker one...

i persnally do not believe that there's an intellegent life in outer space. Our planet is one of the newest planets in the universe, and that means other habitable planets existed billions of years before ours, so if life was found on one of these planets, that civilization would be billions of years ahead of us and they would have the needed technology to find us !

why didnt they ? i mean we cant even send a man to Mars and yet we're scanning the universe looking for clues for other forms of life, why wouldnt they be doing the same thing ?
Maybe they looked at Earth and said "Oh no, another of those planets brimming with wars, idiots and self-destructive tendencies. Let's look if we find something more worthwhile in the next system..."

Or as the joke goes...

Two planets meet.
Planet A: You look ill, what's up with you?
Planet B: Yeah, I'm sick. I have humans.
Planet A: Ah, don't worry, I had that, too. It'll pass soon.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Alien encounter expected within 20 years - Page 2 Empty Re: Alien encounter expected within 20 years

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:01 am

Lex wrote:Who's to say they would be the superior race? For all we know, we could be invaded by a band of Magikarps and end up massacring them
And we'll kill one, the others turn into Gyaradoses(?).

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:36 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
zizzle wrote:^^which means us being the alpha race that destroys the weaker one...

i persnally do not believe that there's an intellegent life in outer space. Our planet is one of the newest planets in the universe, and that means other habitable planets existed billions of years before ours, so if life was found on one of these planets, that civilization would be billions of years ahead of us and they would have the needed technology to find us !

why didnt they ? i mean we cant even send a man to Mars and yet we're scanning the universe looking for clues for other forms of life, why wouldnt they be doing the same thing ?

Maybe these species have the intellectual ability of animals on earth
Like they could be just a species that has evolved but they just maintain their lives and don't progress further forwards (e.g. technology, buildings).
Take fish for example, been around for as long (probably longer) than the evolution of man yet all they do is eat, sleep and procreate (or get eaten anywhere in between).
They could just be living and not progressing, hence the reason why there has been no contact.

well, i was talking about the possibility of an intelligent form of life as i believe that other non intelligent bacterial living beings can be found in the universe

but then again, if these bacterial forms exist then they are ment to react to environmental changes and evolve or otherwise they wouldnt exist...or maybe these environmental changes never triggered the need for intelligence or never created the foundation for it...who knos

as for the fish example...well, accourding to the theory of evolution mamals (and thus humans) evolved from fish so they are not exactly 'just existing'
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:44 am

rwo power wrote:

Maybe they looked at Earth and said "Oh no, another of those planets brimming with wars, idiots and self-destructive tendencies. Let's look if we find something more worthwhile in the next system..."

Or as the joke goes...

Two planets meet.
Planet A: You look ill, what's up with you?
Planet B: Yeah, I'm sick. I have humans.
Planet A: Ah, don't worry, I had that, too. It'll pass soon.

whether we like it or not, if it wasnt for wars half of our technology wouldnt exist, we wouldnt even be in space if it wasnt for war ! so with that in mind, if there's an advanced civilization out there, they didnt get there by hugging each other
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:31 am

zizzle wrote:whether we like it or not, if it wasnt for wars half of our technology wouldnt exist, we wouldnt even be in space if it wasnt for war ! so with that in mind, if there's an advanced civilization out there, they didnt get there by hugging each other
The question is more - would they want to get involved with just another young, aggressive species or would they rather wait a little longer until they manage to calm down a bit or self-destruct? In my conviction there are so many civilizations out there that others with higher technology don't have to bother with each and every of the unsignificant youngsters and rather wait until they either grow up or disappear again.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:23 pm

This planet x is about to destroy the world:

Alien encounter expected within 20 years - Page 2 Camp-nou-03
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:16 pm

Imagine if they play football better than us, we are doomed
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:01 am

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weird-news/former-israeli-space-security-chief-says-extraterrestrials-exist-trump-knows-n1250333

Aliens are real and US President Donald Trump knows about it, Israel's former space security chief has made an unprecedented claim in an interview, stressing they're keeping their existence a secret as "humanity is not ready for them".

According to the Jewish press, Eshed said, "They were waiting for humanity to reach a stage where we can understand what space and spaceship are in general."

A respected professor and retired general, Eshed said the aliens were equally curious about humanity and were seeking to understand "the fabric of the universe."

"If I had come up with what I'm saying today five years ago, I would have been hospitalized," he told Yediot. "Today, they're already talking differently. I have nothing to lose. I've received my degrees and awards, I am respected in universities abroad."

In May, Trump said, "Space is going to be the future, both in terms of defense and offense ... we're now the leader on space," as he was presented with the official flag of a newly created military branch, Space Force.

thoughts?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:19 am

If Trump really knew, he would've blurted it out by now.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:12 am

lol dummies

we are the aliens.. well at least some of us.. most others are just machines and zombies
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:48 am

VivaStPauli wrote:If Trump really knew, he would've blurted it out by now.

Maybe he's not convinced. Trump always believes the stupidest conspiracies but he denies science and scientific research in general. I also entertain the fact that they would tell him "Listen Donald the future of the world depends on you and you should keep this to yourself for the good of humanity." He'd feel like a hero in a movie alongside Schwarzenegger.

El Gunner wrote:lol dummies

we are the aliens.. well at least some of us.. most others are just machines and zombies

Maybe aliens sent them down to help us reach a stage of understanding space travel. Imagine if aliens visited in the Middle Ages. They'd get set on fire on the spot. But now we have an understanding of how they might travel etc, although there's a possibility that if they landed in Flint, Michigan they'd find themselves right in the middle of a shooting and got taken down by a couple of brothers.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:33 pm

Mathematically, the chance life on a planet is possible isn't zero. We're the proof of that. The question is only where and when? Aliens existed, still exist or will exist in the future. I'm very much doubtful, they'd exist in the vicinity of our solar system because the living conditions on planets other than earth over here is dire. If an alien race gets over from a neighbouring solar system or galaxy then they're far ahead of us technologically. They wouldn't bother contacting us unless we offer some sort of value to them.
Bottom line, Trump talks out of his a***.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:18 pm

From the article that Myesyats posted, the guy sounds a lot like a madman.

Of course I can't rule out the possibility of intelligent life flourishing elsewhere given how immeasurably vast the universe is and how very little we know of it. But to sit there and claim that aliens have come and asked not to expose them because humanity is not ready yet and that they have signed a contract with the US to do experiments here. I mean, really dude?

Kudos to them for learning the language so quickly I guess.

If I had come up with what I'm saying today five years ago, I would have been hospitalized
yep, you definitely should be.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:23 pm

3 things

1- of course there is alien life out there somewhere, and somewhen. To think otherwise is irrational hybris.

2- if US security apparatus knew about alien encounters (which they don't), the last thing they'd do is tell Trump. The guy hasn't got the clearance.

3- and if those aliens were "waiting for mankind to reach the stage of understanding what space means" they're even dumber than we are, because if mankind is about to reach any stage it is that of choking on plastic bits
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:57 pm

Babun wrote:I'm very much doubtful, they'd exist in the vicinity of our solar system because the living conditions on planets other than earth over here is dire. If an alien race gets over from a neighbouring solar system or galaxy then they're far ahead of us technologically. They wouldn't bother contacting us unless we offer some sort of value to them.

Maybe they've found different ways to preserve life without the need for oxygen etc and dont need similar conditions to survive as we do. And think about humans and ants for example. We study them, make documentaries about them etc and they have no idea that we know every move they make and how they behave. Maybe aliens are observing us just as well. And sure ants don't mean much to us, but they have no way of communicating and traveling beyond the planet whereas humans do. I think that'd be enough for "aliens" to notice.

It's just banter because we have no idea but I wouldn't reject a proposition that they could be out there and are studying our behavior just because it's fun to think about this stuff and imagine what it would actually be like.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:00 pm

Myesyats wrote:https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weird-news/former-israeli-space-security-chief-says-extraterrestrials-exist-trump-knows-n1250333

Aliens are real and US President Donald Trump knows about it, Israel's former space security chief has made an unprecedented claim in an interview, stressing they're keeping their existence a secret as "humanity is not ready for them".

According to the Jewish press, Eshed said, "They were waiting for humanity to reach a stage where we can understand what space and spaceship are in general."

A respected professor and retired general, Eshed said the aliens were equally curious about humanity and were seeking to understand "the fabric of the universe."

"If I had come up with what I'm saying today five years ago, I would have been hospitalized," he told Yediot. "Today, they're already talking differently. I have nothing to lose. I've received my degrees and awards, I am respected in universities abroad."

In May, Trump said, "Space is going to be the future, both in terms of defense and offense ... we're now the leader on space," as he was presented with the official flag of a newly created military branch, Space Force.

thoughts?

As long as they win the battle against Netflix to use "Space Force"
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:37 am

I mean I think we all agree aliens exist, it's just whether we think that alien life is in our general neighbourhood, which I for example don't think.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:29 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Babun wrote:I'm very much doubtful, they'd exist in the vicinity of our solar system because the living conditions on planets other than earth over here is dire. If an alien race gets over from a neighbouring solar system or galaxy then they're far ahead of us technologically. They wouldn't bother contacting us unless we offer some sort of value to them.

Maybe they've found different ways to preserve life without the need for oxygen etc and dont need similar conditions to survive as we do. And think about humans and ants for example. We study them, make documentaries about them etc and they have no idea that we know every move they make and how they behave. Maybe aliens are observing us just as well. And sure ants don't mean much to us, but they have no way of communicating and traveling beyond the planet whereas humans do. I think that'd be enough for "aliens" to notice.

It's just banter because we have no idea but I wouldn't reject a proposition that they could be out there and are studying our behavior just because it's fun to think about this stuff and imagine what it would actually be like.

The first thing which comes to my mind every single time I watch an alien film with a humanoid character why do they have look like us and breathe oxigen? Even on earth, there're oceanic organisms doing totally fine without oxigen.
Some things make life on other planets less probable though. Take for example excessive heat, lack of minerals, water and other resources in the same place. The probability of things coming together in a scarce environment is nearly zero. So yeah, you need certain condition for living organisms to emerge but they don't have to be exactly like the flora and fauna on earth.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:34 pm

Babun wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

The first thing which comes to my mind every single time I watch an alien film with a humanoid character why do they have look like us and breathe oxigen? Even on earth, there're oceanic organisms doing totally fine without oxigen.
Some things make life on other planets less probable though. Take for example excessive heat, lack of minerals, water and other resources in the same place. The probability of things coming together in a scarce environment is nearly zero. So yeah, you need certain condition for living organisms to emerge but they don't have to be exactly like the flora and fauna on earth.

How can you say a probability is close to zero if you have infinite attempts?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:45 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Babun wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

How can you say a probability is close to zero if you have infinite attempts?

Our sun has got roughly 4 billion years left before it'll turn into a red giant then a white dwarf then disappears. Sun is the source of all energy on earth directly or indirectly. No organism on earth can exist without the sun.
To come back to your argument, the number of attempts should be low enough to develop intelligent life form which can make it out in time before the planetary system collapses. Life on earth is in danger if humans f*ck it big time. Not much time left to develop another intelligent life form to rescue earth's legacy. It doesn't help we're causing a mass extinction as of now. Nature would have even less to start with if we're prematurely gone. The dawn of dino era was a huge setback for mother earth back then. Life was thriving before the asteroid impact.
Sources:
Red Giant
White Dwarf
Compilation for German speakers
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:45 pm

forgive Babun he will believe anything he was taught in school and reads in a science journal
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:44 pm

At least Babun makes an effort to structure coherent arguments instead of just posting some spiritual nuttery that makes zero sense whatsoever. You're being very dismissive for no reason and without any basis.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:13 pm

you sound like a hater
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:54 pm

El Gunner wrote:forgive Babun he will believe anything he was taught in school and reads in a science journal

You humble me, my friend. You know no matter what we do life goes on (the reality outside) and at some point catches up with us. I hope you'll be safe under your rock of ignorance when that happens :coffee:
El Gunner wrote:you sound like a hater

What a cutie pie! albino
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:11 pm

it is as if you wrote that statement for yourself
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:45 pm

Aren't you a student hmm
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next