chinomaster182
Soul
Kick
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Positions you could never play well Empty Positions you could never play well

Post by Kick Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:48 am

I was able to play well in every position but CM and GK and I always wished I could be a CM playmaker or a Deep lying playmaker.

How about you guys?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Positions you could never play well Empty Re: Positions you could never play well

Post by Soul Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:10 am

Any direct attacking position, CF, Attacking mid

I can be a goalie and a wing back. Shooting just isn't my strongest feature Sad
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Positions you could never play well Empty Re: Positions you could never play well

Post by Kick Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:14 am

Soul wrote:Any direct attacking position, CF, Attacking mid

I can be a goalie and a wing back. Shooting just isn't my strongest feature Sad

My strengths were speed and positioning and a load of stamana. I also had a very good shot so I could play anywhere on the wings or un CF but because I read the game so well I always played at CB or Sweeper.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:07 am

Any kind of flair position, i'm terrible with the ball at my feet Sad
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:19 am

Lone strilker., much better #10 then #9....full back or winger im a good crosser was always in charge of Corners and Free kicks, but don't have the pace for wing, anything down the middle of the field SS/CM/CAM/CDM/GK i all played at some point...i was a CM stricly tho when i was older playing at a high level
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:55 am

Striker i've always wanted to do but just never had the timing/players around me/right attributes to pull it off. I fair much much better at creating than finishing off moves.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:00 am

I am the excat oposite lol
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:06 am

kick mars wrote:I am the excat oposite lol

Razz I hate it, you ask me to try run onto a through ball and i'm screwed. On the other hand you ask me to hit a ball into some free space for a striker/winger, that's easy.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:13 am

lszanto wrote:

Razz I hate it, you ask me to try run onto a through ball and i'm screwed. On the other hand you ask me to hit a ball into some free space for a striker/winger, that's easy.

Do you not have the speed or positioning or what?

I am good witht the ball at my feet but only when I am on the wing or running at goal, you put me in the middle of the pitch with the ball and I will get rid of it straight away, cannot do a thing with it to save my life.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:19 am

kick mars wrote:
lszanto wrote:

I am good witht the ball at my feet but only when I am on the wing or running at goal, you put me in the middle of the pitch with the ball and I will get rid of it straight away, cannot do a thing with it to save my life.

I've never really thought about my positioning so that's likely a weakness, it's more just I can't anticipate a ball coming from behind me/in the air. I'll either turn around and stop it dead flat or just miss it completely killing the attach either way. Speed wise I'm average, over a very short distance I'm fairly quick but anything more and i'm just normal speed(so the center of the park suits). When it comes to playing the game I tend to flourish much more in Futsal than Outdoor simply cause the game is played along the ground where I can handle it Razz
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:24 am

lszanto wrote:
kick mars wrote:
lszanto wrote:

I've never really thought about my positioning so that's likely a weakness, it's more just I can't anticipate a ball coming from behind me/in the air. I'll either turn around and stop it dead flat or just miss it completely killing the attach either way. Speed wise I'm average, over a very short distance I'm fairly quick but anything more and i'm just normal speed(so the center of the park suits). When it comes to playing the game I tend to flourish much more in Futsal than Outdoor simply cause the game is played along the ground where I can handle it Razz

Ah, those long balls over the top were my bread and butter.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:21 pm

Striker, I would always get nervous and do a Toress.

I do have a good long shot though and do score often using it.

Anyway, knee injury ended football for me, now I only play for fun in the beach or in light matches, no amateur league or anything.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:24 pm

Right-back. It's a position that I should be able to play with ease considering that I still have a fair bit of pace, not afraid to go in on the tackle and can cross well from wide....the only problem is that I've never had the stamina to go up and down the flank.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:27 pm

I ve excelled in all. I started as a goalkeeper.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:58 pm

I cant play as GK to save my life. Smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:33 pm

back when i played i always felt more comfortable on the flanks..

CM and CF are positions i would have liked to have played but all the room to play in threw me for a loop

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:37 pm

I'm the worst goalkeeper

ever
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:06 pm

anywhere ?
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Gk. obv, but I have some kind of fetish to play as a rb, even if Im not so good at defending..
I have been playing as winger/striker most of life.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:10 pm

I have Mario Gomez first touch mixed with the average Premier League ball control. So I suck ass in any midfield position that isn't DM. Let me correct that, I suck as in any position that isn't defensive Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Im totally like Silva .. Good creativity and good finishing. But im hopeless when im up against strong opponents physically.. So i would say ST.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by biggiejay Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:54 pm

I'm big and strong. My playing style is alot like Adriano's but i have more playmaking abilities but not that great of a finisher. I have a canon of a left foot ,alot of strength and pretty skillful for a big guy. I played LB,CDM,CM,CAM and ST. I can never play on the wings. I don't have the agility.
biggiejay
biggiejay
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:58 pm

Interesting thread...

I was always trained as a CM to also playing a more advanced role or in the hole or in other words the Erdilari role.

Roles I never could play is Winger since I don't possess the pace nor do I like wide roles since I prefer central positions and a 360 view.

I also cannot play as a target man for shit since I like to play behind the ball and oversee the field as my goal scoring instinct isn't the best.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:00 pm

I must be the most versatile player on my team, I'm two footed so I can play LB, RB, CB, DM, DM playmaker, and any place in midfield, including AM, but not striker, I can play winger but I'm not the typical winger type , I'm tall and strong but I suffer in pace , but I can create so much chances, I also know how to hug the line perfectly and I'm always about 2 steps ahead of the game. I can't play ST and GK though , also can't play in a defensive style of play (despite being mainly a defender)
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:05 pm

I lol at people comparing themselves to other players. It sounds so stupid.

I am like messi but with more strength and less flair Laughing

:facepalm:
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next