Lippi: 'Napoli and Juve for the title'  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Lippi: 'Napoli and Juve for the title'

3 posters

Go down

Lippi: 'Napoli and Juve for the title'  Empty Lippi: 'Napoli and Juve for the title'

Post by DeviAngel Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:31 pm

World Cup winner Marcello Lippi believes “Napoli and Juventus can win the Scudetto,” but Inter, Roma and Lazio have problems.
The former Italy Coach cast his eye over the current Serie A scene in an interview with GR Parlamento.

“Napoli can win the Scudetto, even if they are superstitious and prefer not to talk about it,” said Lippi.

“They are a fixture of Italian football that cannot be denied. When a team goes to Manchester City and plays with that style, then beats Milan 3-1 with such authority, you can’t go back. My friend Walter Mazzarri must learn to live with the word ‘Scudetto’ following him around.

“Edinson Cavani is extraordinary and last night didn’t allow the defenders to stop him scoring, as he hit them all first time. When you’re faced with a striker who moves that quickly, there’s little a defender can do.”

Napoli are top of the table with a 100 per cent record, joined by Juventus, Udinese and Cagliari.

“Antonio Conte has given Juve enthusiasm, grit and hunger to fight for every ball, which of course were his characteristics as a player.

“The side is also clinical, which is necessary for a top club. Plus Andrea Pirlo is the midfielder they needed, as giving him the ball is like putting it in a bank and his teammates know it. Juventus can challenge for the Scudetto along with three or four other teams.”

Elsewhere, Gian Piero Gasperini, Luis Enrique and Edy Reja are already feeling the pressure after shock defeats.

“Gasperini has to work amid many problems at Inter and once they recover their form, the club will be back at the top. Mind you, it’s impossible to think you can just lose Samuel Eto’o and carry on as if nothing happened.

“As for Roma, I think they are on the right track and Saturday’s game with Inter showed they have a plan. The fans have been intelligent in understanding it takes time to adjust when radically changing the philosophy of the squad.

“On the other side of the city, Lazio already had problems with fan protests last season. It’s likely that after a big transfer spend and that 2-2 draw at Milan, the fans expected something more, but Reja has the character to resist in this situation.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Lippi: 'Napoli and Juve for the title'  Empty Re: Lippi: 'Napoli and Juve for the title'

Post by pasquale22 Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:16 am

Beside 2010 , I love u lippi (no homo) comments from people like him are always welcome
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Lippi: 'Napoli and Juve for the title'  Empty Re: Lippi: 'Napoli and Juve for the title'

Post by Il Pinguino Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:34 am

I actually made a bet with my father today that Napoli and Juve are gonna get top 2 this year. I put money on Juve taking it and he bet on Napoli and said Juve aren't even gonna make top 4 haha (he's been an Inter fan his entire life).Ended up doubling the bet with Juve first and Inter 5th. They better not let me down lol
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down