Lord Spencer
Eivindo
Art Morte
McAgger
ss_lazio
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Napoli: You done Italy Proud tonight! - Page 2 Empty Re: Napoli: You done Italy Proud tonight!

Post by poolsupporter Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:49 pm

Wow, quite a reaction after a draw.

And Sciacca, Is it really necessary to keep referring to City as 'Shitty'. Just because there is barely anyone to defend the team on here, shouldn't make it alright.

poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Napoli: You done Italy Proud tonight! - Page 2 Empty Re: Napoli: You done Italy Proud tonight!

Post by B-Mac Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:51 pm

poolsupporter wrote:Wow, quite a reaction after a draw.

And Sciacca, Is it really necessary to keep referring to City as 'Shitty'. Just because there is barely anyone to defend the team on here, shouldn't make it alright.

i'm alright with it :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:51 pm

Well played to Napoli. If only they held out for the win.. But still, very good draw away from home.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:54 pm

Napoli had their chances which made it a fun game to watch. But to say that they deserved a win is something a neutral will have a hard time digesting. Neither team looked like they were going to take the lead. Mancity should look at the draw as a setback while Napoli should be proud of themselves for keeping city at bay.

Last edited by Arsenalfaithfull on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:54 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Agnelli might as well get them kicked out of CL, spare them the embaressement :coffee:

Yeah, it would save alot of embarassement. Then again, maybe inter can scrape a draw or 2 and get a few co-effs before being kicked out for screwing Juve.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:02 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Once again, Italian Tactics show it's superiority over shitty attacking Tactics
Roberto Mancini.

sounds italian to me.....
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:04 am

Milan-Draw at the Camp Nou while scoring the fastest goal ever against Barca
Napoli-Draw against Man City in Manchester
Inter-FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:11 am

Understandable inter lose lol
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:17 am

windkick wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Once again, Italian Tactics show it's superiority over shitty attacking Tactics

shitty attacking tactics from a Italian Tactician? Makes no sense

Yes, because he went out there with a attacking tactics, completely diverse from tactics used in Italy. It makes perfect sense, it does not mean that an Italian is coaching... makes it Italian. Refer back to Mourinho vs Barca(4-6-0), Italian tactics.

poolsupporter wrote:

I apologize, but I only said it a few times.

TomJuve wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Agnelli might as well get them kicked out of CL, spare them the embaressement :coffee:

Yeah, it would save alot of embarassement. Then again, maybe inter can scrape a draw or 2 and get a few co-effs before being kicked out for screwing Juve.

ahahah Agreed.

zarola wrote:
Roberto Mancini.

sounds italian to me.....

Once again, what does an Italian have to do if he's not using Italian tactics lol?
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:42 am

You know the Italian league is in a crisis when Milan and Napoli are being congratulated on draws.

On the positive side, Napoli have had one very smart mercato. Inler was easily their best player. Interesting Gargano was picked ahead of Dzemaili but I am happy he was because he was simply brilliant. The duo was amazing. Sure Napoli started poorly but really deserved the draw and maybe more.

Showed Inter how to employ a three man defense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:49 am

serie fans are just so on the go., trigger happy .. i mean the moment an italian team wins they start hyping the league , not the team.. its as if they have to prove their league is good all the time.. why not give credit to napoli the team rather than the league since inter the second best team in the league and the serie a flag carrier not so long ago in europe are struggling now.. its not about the league.. its about each team
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:54 am

Arquitecto wrote:Pretty obvious Art doesn't like the Serie A lol.

I think it's all right. It's competitive, tight games and you can't really know who will finish where, that's the biggest plus.

What I don't like is:
- Serie A has been managed rather poorly. The stadium issue, relations between players and clubs (like the strike showed). I'm also not a fan of the two Milan clubs' policy: they've been way too wasteful with spending and now they've got squads in urgent need of new, young players and need to downscale their expenses too much too quickly for the FFP. In short, Serie A has stayed too long in the 90's, now they are in too much of a haste to reform efficiently.

- I don't like how Serie A fans feel the need to defend Serie A at every possible opportunity nowadays, because it having gained a reputation as a league in a slump. This thread is an example of that need. Saying that Napoli have done Italy proud after drawing Man City at the United, sorry, Etihad stadium in a CL group stage match is exaggerating, imo. The kind of Serie A defensive over-reaction I've grown tired of.

But Serie A as a competition, I enjoy following what goes on there.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:01 am

diptiman wrote:serie fans are just so on the go., trigger happy .. i mean the moment an italian team wins they start hyping the league , not the team.. its as if they have to prove their league is good all the time.. why not give credit to napoli the team rather than the league since inter the second best team in the league and the serie a flag carrier not so long ago in europe are struggling now.. its not about the league.. its about each team

I agree with your opinion, just not the way you have expressed it. Too many Serie A fans feel the need to try to prove that the league is something more than it is. Sure it is fine to be happy with some positive results, but the way to prove the league is good by boasting about draws actually does the opposite. It shows that if Italian teams get draws away from home against "better" league opposition is something to boast about, then the league really is in crisis.

Inter are not the second best team in the league at the moment. They are in very poor form, have a new manager still struggling to find his feet and are so low on confidence it was no surprise to me today when I found out they lost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:09 am

Interesting fact: After going bankrupt in 2004, Napoli were relegated to Serie C and stayed there for two season before achieving successive promotions to Serie B and then A.

Aurelio De Laurentiis has done so well with this club. He took them in a bankrupt state and each year has strengthened his squad, never afraid to spent knowing that risks will be rewarded by the Napoli faithful and now has one of the strongest squads in Serie A, and dare I say, the world.

Well done Aurelio, well done.

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:11 am

I have upmost faith in ALL Serie A teams in Europe but even i'll admit I thought Napoli would just be turning upto to City's shooting practice

BRAVO NAPOLI
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:51 am

<3 Cavani!

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:05 am

First of all refereeing standards in this match was excellent..

Kudos to Napoli..A brilliant defensive display and a point thoroughly deserved..

Paolo Cannavaro the captain marshaled the backline wonderfully well...Salvatore Aronica who is probably Simone Loria version 2.0 had surprisingly had a great game and a really commendable display from Hugo Campagnaro who not so long ago suffered a car accident ,it takes a lot of grit and courage to come back after that and he showed it today by keep probably the most inform forward at the moment in Aguero fairly quite..Also some poor finishing from the city forwards i must say..

Midfield was excellent as well..Gargano was excellent in his tackling and did a good job of helping out the defense as well by constantly double-teaming..

Inler did an ok job..Not a very overwhelming perfomance..Was easily outmuscled by the likes of Toure and Dzeko and his tackling wasnt up to scratch not to mention the silly free kick he conceded and Man City took full advantage of it..

Marek Hamsik big game flop ?Give me a break..He was everywhere on the pitch ..Work rate was superb..he surged forward a number of times and posed a constant threat to the Man City defense with his incisive passing and not to forget ,he put an admirable shift defensively in the midfield..

Lavezzi was clearly the best player of the first half..Again worked really hard and caused a lot of trouble especially in the first half..And Cavani does what he does best that is put the ball in the back of the net by coolly slotting it in between the keeper's legs..

What i liked today was Napoli werent intimidated by the might of City..This is probably the first time for most of the Napoli players in Cl and they werent one bit nervous..All the players looked really composed and overall the co-ordination and the work ethic of the players was excellent..

But it remains to be seen the kind of mentality and the tactics that would be deployed when they're playing in front of the San Paolo faithful..This is where it could prove oh so crucial for them in their quest for qualifying for the knockouts..Nevertheless a great start to their Champions League campaign..

Well done Napoli ! Very Happy

Napoli: You done Italy Proud tonight! - Page 2 Napolis-Cavani-scores-the-019
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:03 pm

I agree with some of what Art's saying. But, I we take pride in Serie A because the media and a majority of premier league fans look at any game with a serie a team nowadays and just predict it will be a 4-0 smashing. It works both ways.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:20 pm

With the chances, it should of been 3-1 Napoli
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2