H.A.
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
Magricos
cyberman
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

From a purely sporting standpoint.. - Page 2 Empty Re: From a purely sporting standpoint..

Post by The Franchise Mon 12 Sep - 6:25:18

Well its not Madrid's fault, but I dont think its safe to say nobody expect it.

It was galatico 2.0, so you dont really associate your mind with Arbeloa, Khadeira and Pedro Leon.

It its fair to suggest, maybe Cristiano assumed he would get more help then this. Its an assumption, not fact.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

From a purely sporting standpoint.. - Page 2 Empty Re: From a purely sporting standpoint..

Post by The Franchise Mon 12 Sep - 6:27:05

diptiman wrote:
cyberman wrote:I said exactly the same thing a while back Dani.

When he moved he talked up about how exciting the project was, about all the great players that were promised him.
18 months later he has Khedira as midfield support, Arbeloa overlapping with Adebayor to cross to.

umm yeahh that would be because our main strikers were out injured and ramos had to play cb because our carvalho/pepe was suspended.. still arbeloa > rafael so..

Why is that needed? Player comparions..smh.

He didnt say anything out of line at all.

Yes, players were injured and suspended, we all know that. But the point isnt any different, he might of expected more star names.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon 12 Sep - 6:27:07

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Is a football team supposed to have galacticos all over the pitch? They are good players that have performed for us and produced what expected from them.
Would you stop being so sensitive? Cyber was talking about Ronaldo expecting to play with galacticos and instead he gets role players. It's a perfectly reasonable comment.

how about i say that messi has to play with the likes of keita with adriano overlapping on the other side.. its so stupid considering those two would be your team's worst players.. its not as if ronaldo has to play with adebayor or arbeloa all the time.. he marcelo overlapping, ozil,benz,higuain etc etc.. cyberman may be making a valid point but using arbeloa and adebayor as arguements is just fail
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon 12 Sep - 6:28:40

The Franchise wrote:
diptiman wrote:

When he moved he talked up about how exciting the project was, about all the great players that were promised him.
18 months later he has Khedira as midfield support, Arbeloa overlapping with Adebayor to cross to.

umm yeahh that would be because our main strikers were out injured and ramos had to play cb because our carvalho/pepe was suspended.. still arbeloa > rafael so..

come on ,, we have star names lol.. ozil, benzema, di maria, marcelo, higuain all are very good attackers and really help him score such a lot of goals.. how many more star names would we want since we have either of kaka or higuain on the bench and several others dont even get a game

Yes, players were injured and suspended, we all know that. But the point isnt any different, he might of expected more star names.

Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 12 Sep - 6:29:48

diptiman wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Is a football team supposed to have galacticos all over the pitch? They are good players that have performed for us and produced what expected from them.
Would you stop being so sensitive? Cyber was talking about Ronaldo expecting to play with galacticos and instead he gets role players. It's a perfectly reasonable comment.

how about i say that messi has to play with the likes of keita with adriano overlapping on the other side.. its so stupid considering those two would be your team's worst players.. its not as if ronaldo has to play with adebayor or arbeloa all the time.. he marcelo overlapping, ozil,benz,higuain etc etc.. cyberman may be making a valid point but using arbeloa and adebayor as arguements is just fail

Because Messi didnt come to Barca to play with galacticos. Thats the difference.

Obviosly he didnt play with those players all the time, but as I said above, the point still stands he may of expected better players.

I think its safe to assume he thought him, Kaka, Alonso, the next big thing Benzema and the next summers worth of Galacticos would make them that star studded team.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon 12 Sep - 6:30:47

Finishing 2nd in a league thats dying ( im quoting chairmen of La Liga clubs ) cant be a sign of anything. I remember 08 where Madrid won the league by Christmas, best thing since sliced bread.. yet did nothing and are forgotten today.
Madrid set records because of Ronaldo. He couldve easily set those at Utd and have something to show for it.

CR7 told Utd players he was leaving 5 days before the CL final. We were actually favourites due to Barca v Chelsea and Barcas apparent weakness to power.
Hr decided to go before he knew what Barca were. He did not join Madrid to compete with Barca..he tried to leave 12 months earlier when Barca were 5hit. That reasoning doesnt make sense.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 12 Sep - 6:33:38

diptiman wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
diptiman wrote:

come on ,, we have star names lol.. ozil, benzema, di maria, marcelo, higuain all are very good attackers and really help him score such a lot of goals.. how many more star names would we want since we have either of kaka or higuain on the bench and several others dont even get a game

Well injury hit Kaka, Benz of Cristiano's first season didnt match expectations.

Of course you have more great players, like Ozil, however, he may of expected the same as what Zidane got.

He got in their prime best players in their position guys like Figo, Ronaldo, Makelele and so on.

Cristiano doesnt have one single player who is the best in their position over then the goalie.

Not saying Madrid dont have great players, but Cristiano might of expected more then that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 12 Sep - 6:35:37

cyberman wrote:Finishing 2nd in a league thats dying ( im quoting chairmen of La Liga clubs ) cant be a sign of anything. I remember 08 where Madrid won the league by Christmas, best thing since sliced bread.. yet did nothing and are forgotten today.
Madrid set records because of Ronaldo. He couldve easily set those at Utd and have something to show for it.

CR7 told Utd players he was leaving 5 days before the CL final. We were actually favourites due to Barca v Chelsea and Barcas apparent weakness to power.
Hr decided to go before he knew what Barca were. He did not join Madrid to compete with Barca..he tried to leave 12 months earlier when Barca were 5hit. That reasoning doesnt make sense.

Excellent point. I was wrong before.

When Cristiano came to Madrid, he knew Barca had been great for that 1 season.

But actually he wanted to go the year before that, when we was a finished cycle.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 12 Sep - 6:37:52

As far as im concerned, im glad it all failed again, for the second time, as it's not a policy i support. You build a team around a sporting project, around a great coach and around an idea, Not Around an immature superstar.

Selling him the dream that we would cough up money like no tomorrow ala city was wrong to begin. Not much to argue about the main topic really, he should have stayed if he wanted to win more.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon 12 Sep - 6:47:36

For me, another reason is hes prime beef for the EPL. Hes custom made for it. His physical attributes are such that he has no need to improve or use them to their full capacity in Spain. Thats why he doesnt seem to have that bit of magic anymore.. he doesnt need it. The league cant physically match him.
Go watch the Ronaldo tested to the limit program. Reading crosses by instinct, physical excellence, flat out speed, jumping power etc... everything that he was judged special on are EPL characteristics.
The program was to find what makes him special yet hardly any La Liga attributes was even though of.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon 12 Sep - 6:51:51

Ronaldo went to Madrid to win CL and i havent anything for him to regret that decision considering Madrid are still more likely to win CL than United.He would probably regret that if United win the CL before Madrid otherwise dont see any reason for that.

As for the league titles beating a legendary Barca team with Messi to a league title in his career( If/when he Madrid eventually does) would mean a lot more to him than winning the PL which he already won handful of times already.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon 12 Sep - 6:58:17

If he wanted another CL then why leave a team who reached 2 finals in a row?
Cant see it myself

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 12 Sep - 7:11:09

cyberman wrote:For me, another reason is hes prime beef for the EPL. Hes custom made for it. His physical attributes are such that he has no need to improve or use them to their full capacity in Spain. Thats why he doesnt seem to have that bit of magic anymore.. he doesnt need it. The league cant physically match him.
Go watch the Ronaldo tested to the limit program. Reading crosses by instinct, physical excellence, flat out speed, jumping power etc... everything that he was judged special on are EPL characteristics.
The program was to find what makes him special yet hardly any La Liga attributes was even though of.

I agree and dissagree.

I agree with the first part, he doesnt need the physical attributes as much. He destroys any fullback who lack speed or strength, in the PL there are more of those around.

I dont agree with the testing to the limit thing though.

As someone who studied sports science for 6 years I cringed when watching it. The tests were so flawed and pointless I literally wanted to turn it off out of frustration.

I dont want to turn this into an analysis of that programme so I would like to leave it at that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Mon 12 Sep - 7:16:15

You seem incredibly naive, insinuating that Madrid sucks by mentioning the backup RB and a third-choice striker on loan? Laughing

Villa must be incredibly frustrated, with Keita as midfield support, Maxwell overlapping with Bojan to cross to.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon 12 Sep - 7:25:29

Ade didn't start that much for us Arbeloa isn't a starter either. Sleep

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon 12 Sep - 7:36:10

OP is correct.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon 12 Sep - 9:09:30

Yes, Cristiano Ronaldo is an absolute winner, his work rate and his continuity are strong signs than he trains to be the absolute number 1 in every single game. Being number 2 must hurt bad, it must hurt when he knows he killed himself training, has brilliant teammates who also worked very hard, has one of the best coaches and staff in the world, was peaking in form and breaking all time records and even then at the end of the day he was still number 2, it must be extremely hard for him.

Putting ideas like these into a vacuum is the ideal for the common football fan, after all its not that the team did anything wrong, its just the fact that the universe conspires against it. Out of all the deluded countries on the earth, England stands out, especially on a forum like this where Cyberman is quick to remind us all. We all know for example how England currently loses because Italian manager Fabio Capello just doesn't choose the right players, we know how England lost at 86 because Maradona cheated, we know they lost at 98 because Beckham got Red carded, we know they lost at 06 because Ronaldo enfuriated Rooney.

Similarly we also know how Manchester United is the biggest, baddest and most ferocious club in the history of the sport. They play in the most intense, competitive and amazing league possible, the English Premier League and their continued dominance in such league just marks them as the cream of the crop, United always wins... Except when they don't, and we sure as hell got great reasons for when that happens. We all just actually learned United lost in 2010 because Cristiano Ronaldo wasn't there, he wasn't there because of a double whammy of the devils assistants know as the Glazers, these evil entities were sent from above to ruin Manchester United and sell the best player ever. On the other hand we have Florentino Perez who apparently has money to burn, all because of those high tv contracts they give in that lesser league we never watch because it is of course inferior to the EPL. Suddenly Ronaldo is forced into a team where he is playing with subpar teammates and misses the dream land.

Simon Kuper put it best in his book "Soccernomics", he has this to say about the English Mantra:

There is an alternate universe in which Beckham didn't get sent off, Bank's stomach held up, the referee spotted Maradona's handball, and so on. In that universe England has won about seven World Cups. Many English fans think they would have preferred that. But it would have deprived the English of a ritual that marks the passing of time much like Christmas or New Year's and celebrates a certain idea of England: a land of unlucky heroes that no longer rules the world, although it should.

I love this forum because of the global perspective it gives me on football. Cyberman might just be the quintessential English fan made true and unlike many others and more like Mourinho, he actually gives some though to his crazy theories.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon 12 Sep - 9:16:37

Ronaldo did a opposite of what fabregas did . banana
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon 12 Sep - 9:28:34

Well on Revista de la liga they said that he was dissapointed with the way Madrid was run and it wasn't very proffessional compared to the way United is run and he was saying stuff like if it wasn't for the weather....

It might have been a knee jerk as he was having problems with Mou and team mated but good stuff...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon 12 Sep - 9:38:00

Adit wrote:Ronaldo did a opposite of what fabregas did . banana

He anti tikki takad?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by James0311 Mon 12 Sep - 19:30:33

jibers wrote:
Adit wrote:Ronaldo did a opposite of what fabregas did . banana

He anti tikki takad?

LMAO
James0311
James0311
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon 12 Sep - 19:35:13

Well I blame Kaka :coffee:

Yes he may have won more trophies at United but everyone thought that Real were gonna win everything with Ronaldo and Kaka. 56 million spent on shite had he lived up to his name then Ronaldo would have many trophies at Real as well. Smile
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2