85million pounds spent on two players..... - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

85million pounds spent on two players.....

+24
Red Alert
Bear
The Madrid One
Kick
The Messiah
BeautifulGame
lenear1030
baresi
RedOranje
El Chelsea Fuerte
Pedram
elm_baraja_shaman
Raptorgunner
Razza
Grande_Milano
Ganso
RedAndWhiteArmy
Highburied
Zealous
McAgger
Eivindo
cheesy
Swanhends
REWB
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

85million pounds spent on two players..... - Page 3 Empty Re: 85million pounds spent on two players.....

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:25 am

@Kickmars.....I'd buy him for 20M right now, without thinking twice about it.

As much of a miserable, unfaithful c*nt he is, I still have a soft spot for him and found my face wet watching "Goodbye Fernando" videos on youtube at 4AM last night. We'll get him scoring again!

Back to top Go down

85million pounds spent on two players..... - Page 3 Empty Re: 85million pounds spent on two players.....

Post by Kick Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:27 am

english_jewel wrote:
kick mars wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
kick mars wrote:This might be my knee jerking but I would be willing to sell Torres for 20m right now....he is still a fantastic player but my pateince has run out and he doesn't fit our system, hopefully Roman learns his lesson from this transfer.

Sheva says hi Smile

I would have thought Roman learned his lesson from Sheva but obivously not.

You do realize how many Sheva's/Torres's his wealth can buy right? bounce

FFP FTW

I know, but I still feel he should be smarter with his money as opposed to acting like a kid half the time and buying the fanciest toy there is.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:30 am

Sepi wrote:@Kickmars.....I'd buy him for 20M right now, without thinking twice about it.

He's crap, you don't want him back.

I no longer have any patience left for him. He's earning 160k a week while Chelsea fans have to listen to taunts. F*** off.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:35 am

english_jewel wrote:
Sepi wrote:@Kickmars.....I'd buy him for 20M right now, without thinking twice about it.

I no longer have any patience left for him. He's earning 160k a week while Chelsea fans have to listen to taunts. F*** off.

o come on man. Get behind the lad. I know he is on massive wages, but I really can't figure it out.

He was devastatingly good in his 4 games under Kenny before that dark night of Jan 28th. He murdered Everton, scored a beauty vs Blackpool, scored another 2 vs Wolves, and scored a perfectly correct goal disallowed vs Fulham, but got the assist for our eventual winner with a great turn.

Maybe he hasn't recovered from that Agger elbow yet ? Suspect , I was hearing rumours that he hasn't settled in London yet.

Still very early to judge 'em, but despite Suarez being a much more complete player than Torres, he is NOWHERE near as clinical as Torres was. That pisses me off and make me want Nando back Evil or Very Mad

Strikers live and die with confidence. Mario Gomez was a laughing stock @ Bayern first, now look at him. Hope both of them score a league goal next week (Though Andy has already scored this season Smile )

Last edited by Sepi on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:36 am

KAKA > TORRES

tmo always said it, yet no one believed him.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:37 am

Best thing Torres has done is convince Mata to join us.

now only if Mata could convince Banega Heart
Bear
Bear
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:39 am

What if Torres' master plan was to be sold in January, make Liverpool some money, flop and be back in a year or so...... bounce

Doesn't hurt to dream
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:40 am

Messiakanino wrote:What if Torres' master plan was to be sold in January, make Liverpool some money, flop and be back in a year or so...... bounce

Doesn't hurt to dream

I've been saying that for a while. The new Ian Rush. Razz

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:41 am

He will be back.. he has time!

Chelsea finds the replacement for LFC, Carroll, and NUFC gives a price tag of 35m for him.

Chelsea buys Torres for 50m, gives the money to LFC. LFC just has to re-transfer the money to NUFC cos Chelsea did all the transfer stuff for them... Is that what happened? Is it even legal for Chelsea to buy players for Pool ?

Just curious.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:43 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:He will be back.. he has time!

Chelsea finds the replacement for LFC, Carroll, and NUFC gives a price tag of 35m for him.

Chelsea buys Torres for 50m, gives the money to LFC. LFC just has to re-transfer the money to NUFC cos Chelsea did all the transfer stuff for them... Is that what happened? Is it even legal for Chelsea to buy players for Pool ?

Just curious.

No. Liverpool bought him.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:43 am

Sepi wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

o come on man. Get behind the lad. I know he is on massive wages, but I really can't figure it out.

He was devastatingly good in his 4 games under Kenny before that dark night of Jan 28th. He murdered Everton, scored a beauty vs Blackpool, scored another 2 vs Wolves, and scored a perfectly correct goal disallowed vs Fulham, but got the assist for our eventual winner with a great turn.

Maybe he hasn't recovered from that Agger elbow yet ? Suspect , I was hearing rumours that he hasn't settled in London yet.

Still very early to judge 'em, but despite Suarez being a much more complete player than Torres, he is NOWHERE near as clinical as Torres was. That pisses me off and make me want Nando back Evil or Very Mad

Strikers live and die with confidence. Mario Gomez was a laughing stock @ Bayern first, now look at him. Hope both of them score a league goal next week (Though Andy has already scored this season Smile )

Other then other things about him what annoys me the most is that because of him a committed guy like Lukaku has to give up his place on the squad list. Lukaku would offer twice as much as him, plus we don't need to buy a creative midfielder for Lukaku. For Torres we need to spend like 60m more to have others spoon feeding him.

Last edited by english_jewel on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:44 am

Just curious.
Basically. The negotiations happened between Chelsea and Newcastle. Had Chelsea NOT agreed a fee for one of our targets (Carroll, Llorente, etc) we would not have let Torres leave.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:45 am

Just curious.

Eventually, the night Torres handed his request, we independently bid 38M for Lorente, which was rejected by Bilbao. Then we realized, we can't keep Torres and we have 1 day left, and don't want to look like sore losers in the end, and hence JWH and Roman negotiated both deals. Mike Ashley the big winner Laughing poor Newcastle Fans thought that money would go towards transfers.

One thing is for sure though, as it stands....If things that happened between Jan 28th- to Feb 1st of 2011 hadn't happened, all 3 clubs of CFC, LFC, and NUFC would have been better off. Long-term, the great force of time will tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:46 am

Its nonsense to say Torres is finished as some are assuming.He is still a class striker.All torres needs is a run of 3-4 golas then he will get his confidence.Anyone remember how Rooney was rubbished as finished last season when he was going through a horror form and now suddenly he become the best striker in the world.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:47 am

Just curious.

Don't bring that up...you will be accused of ignorance and tire a few people otherwise.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:47 am

BeautifulGame wrote:Its nonsense to say Torres is finished as some are assuming.He is still a class striker.All torres needs is a run of 3-4 golas then he will get his confidence.Anyone remember how Rooney was rubbished as finished last season when he was going through a horror form and now suddenly he become the best striker in the world.

:bow: :bow :bow:

can't remember the last time you talked non-sense tbh

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:49 am

BeautifulGame wrote:Its nonsense to say Torres is finished as some are assuming.He is still a class striker.All torres needs is a run of 3-4 golas then he will get his confidence.Anyone remember how Rooney was rubbished as finished last season when he was going through a horror form and now suddenly he become the best striker in the world.

Very well then..I shall continue waiting...I give him until Fulham and then my time with him is up.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:53 am

Just curious.

Frankly what i believe happened is negotiations for Torres and Carrol were running parallel and once Newcastle upped their price we upped ours for Torres too.Basically If Carroll was sold to us for 25 mil ( which was our first bid) we would have sold Torres for 40 mil too.

I dont think chelsea was negotiating on belhalf of us but they certainly paid the excessive amount for us indirectly we had to pay for Carroll due to the deadline day situation.Well atleast thats what our owner said.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:59 am

Read the quote, mate. He specifically states that we only negotiated the difference between the two prices (the 15m).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:02 am

The one thing Kenny has gone on and on about in every press conference relating to Andy is that he signed for 5.5 years. He admitted that it would be silly to expect instantaneous results. The kid is what, 21? Give him a break. He has barely played a full season in the PL and people are already writing him off.

I'll admit he has had a slow start with us, but I expect time to do its job with him.

'Nando on the other hand, is/was considered world class. I would've expected him to start scoring goals this season. However, a bad run of form seems to have hit him. I have a soft spot for the guy. I never considered him a traitor. And I hope he regains the kind of form he had with us. When all is said and done, I believe he does deserve at least one major honor in his career; be it the league or CL.

poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:10 am

RedOranje wrote:Read the quote, mate. He specifically states that we only negotiated the difference between the two prices (the 15m).

Ya but i meant was we agreed a 15 + a striker replacement for Torres with Chelsea before negotiating for Carroll ( like u said ) but we carried out the negotiations for Carroll for ourselves.

I just dont think Chelsea ever got involved in the negotiations for Carroll they just paid the fee for Carroll plus 15 mil to us like infinity said.They just paid the extra fee for Torres once we agreed for Carroll.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:13 am

Sepi wrote:

Just curious.

Eventually, the night Torres handed his request, we independently bid 38M for Lorente, which was rejected by Bilbao. Then we realized, we can't keep Torres and we have 1 day left, and don't want to look like sore losers in the end, and hence JWH and Roman negotiated both deals. Mike Ashley the big winner Laughing poor Newcastle Fans thought that money would go towards transfers.

One thing is for sure though, as it stands....If things that happened between Jan 28th- to Feb 1st of 2011 hadn't happened, all 3 clubs of CFC, LFC, and NUFC would have been better off. Long-term, the great force of time will tell.

Cant agree more with this tbh. If we didnt get Torres in January we probably would have got Aguero this summer. And all those people who were doubting him are silent now. Aguero was the ideal man needed for Chelsea as well, for the behind the striker role. LFC would have scored goals for fun if they had Torres. NUFC would be challenging for the 5th or 6th spot with Carroll Sad Its a crazy world!

iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:20 am

Aguero would have blocked Danny IMO.

Danny is not a winger, he is an wing-forward or CF. For Aguero to play it would have had to be 4-2-3-1 which IMO would mean playing Danny in too much of a defencive position unless we played him in CF.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:25 am

Nah Aguero would play where Mata is playing... And we would have prolly won the league last season as well tbh.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:27 am

You mean, no Mata if we got Aguero? Sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:32 am

Haha.. most likely.. as much as Mata is awesome for us atm.. Aguero would have done the same or even better.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next