BeautifulGame
Albiceleste
El Chelsea Fuerte
Ali
Giggslegend
37 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

How is Arsenal looking compared - Page 2 Empty Re: How is Arsenal looking compared

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:43 pm

Gil wrote:Lampard is very creative in the final third. At least when he's on form anyway. Mata and Sturridge are more creative than any player in the current Liverpool squad as well.

What we lack the most in our squad is someone who dictates play all over the pitch. That's why AVB was so desperate to bring in Modric this summer.

McEachran can easily play that role for us but does he have the bottle start an 18 year old ahead of "World Class" internationals? Lets see.

How is Arsenal looking compared - Page 2 Surprised

Back to top Go down

How is Arsenal looking compared - Page 2 Empty Re: How is Arsenal looking compared

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Sepi wrote:
Gil wrote:Lampard is very creative in the final third. At least when he's on form anyway. Mata and Sturridge are more creative than any player in the current Liverpool squad as well.

What we lack the most in our squad is someone who dictates play all over the pitch. That's why AVB was so desperate to bring in Modric this summer.

McEachran can easily play that role for us but does he have the bottle start an 18 year old ahead of "World Class" internationals? Lets see.

How is Arsenal looking compared - Page 2 Surprised

When you think about it he's actually right.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:45 pm

lol Gerrard is more creative than any play Chelsea have and i wont even go into Suarez.If u want to debate x better than y we can debate all day long.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:49 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:lol Gerrard is more creative than any play Chelsea have and i wont even go into Suarez.If u want to debate x better than y we can debate all day long.
Thumbs up

djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:29 pm

english_jewel wrote:loooooooool

my bad

see you got trolled by park already :coffee:
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Gerrard & Suarez more creative than Mata. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:54 pm

^
Don't forget Rio/Terry/Mikel's nightmare in Craig "I hit you with a golf club" Bellamy :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Mata as creative as Gerrard.Desperation level of some here is hilarious Laughing
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:59 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Mata as creative as Gerrard.Desperation level of some here is hilarious Laughing

Swear we would be hearing something different had he joined Liverpool.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Hm, Mata is quite effective in the final third, specially in the chance creation aspect, he can play a very nice final ball and score, as illustrated by his numbers last season.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Really hope we could spring a surprise, but I really don't see City and Utd dropping amny point this season- both teams look that strong.

Arsenal for 3rd :coffee:
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:31 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Hm, Mata is quite effective in the final third, specially in the chance creation aspect, he can play a very nice final ball and score, as illustrated by his numbers last season.

That doesnt make him better than Gerrard Laughing

Stats? I can find stats saying Downing is better than silva does that make him better than Silva?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:32 pm

english_jewel wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Mata as creative as Gerrard.Desperation level of some here is hilarious Laughing

Swear we would be hearing something different had he joined Liverpool.

No i wouldnt.That's a baseless assumption.Not everyone clouded by bias. :coffee:
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:37 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Hm, Mata is quite effective in the final third, specially in the chance creation aspect, he can play a very nice final ball and score, as illustrated by his numbers last season.

Stats? I can find stats saying Downing is better than silva does that make him better than Silva?

I never made that argument. Just highlighting Mata's ability in chance creation in the final third, something he did in a top team, turning into a premier attacking outlet.

Downing v silva? Silva is a playmaker, not sure the comparison will do any good.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:37 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:

Nice way to turn things around. The original post was saying that Mata and Sturridge were more creative than any of the Liverpool players, which does not mean they are better than any Liverpool player. Read comprehension, people.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:44 pm

english_jewel wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Nice way to turn things around. The original post was saying that Mata and Sturridge were more creative than any of the Liverpool players, which does not mean they are better than any Liverpool player. Read comprehension, people.

I said Gerrard is more creative than Mata.

I would think it would be better if those recommending reading comprehension had used them to enlighten themselves in the first place.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:47 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

I never made that argument. Just highlighting Mata's ability in chance creation in the final third, something he did in a top team, turning into a premier attacking outlet.

Downing v silva? Silva is a playmaker, not sure the comparison will do any good.

And i never made an argument Mata isnt creative.Then not sure what your point is scratch

Silva played in the left wing for City last year and Downing played in the left wing for Villa last year.Yeah sure it will be good but meaningless. :coffee:
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:49 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

I would think it would be better if those recommending reading comprehension had used them to enlighten themselves in the first place.

What does, "That doesnt make him better than Gerrard" sound like to you? Or in the same post, "I can find stats saying Downing is better than silva does that make him better than Silva?"? At first look, will you look at this and think that the poster means he is more creative, or that he is better as a player? The latter obviously, because the post says nothing about creativity. Basic stuff, mate.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:51 pm

sportsczy wrote:mata is a modern midfielder who can play wings just as easily as all the attacking midfield spots. It doesn't matter to him... he can play CM, AM, LW, RW or SS. He's just a creator. That's how attacking midfielders are trained in Spain.

Look at Cesc at Barca... he's playing RW/striker for them now.

True. Mata is all round attacker. IT depends which formation will chelsea play.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:54 pm

english_jewel wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

What does, "That doesnt make him better than Gerrard" sound like to you? Or in the same post, "I can find stats saying Downing is better than silva does that make him better than Silva?"? At first look, will you look at this and think that the poster means he is more creative, or that he is better as a player? The latter obviously, because the post says nothing about creativity. Basic stuff, mate.

That comment was a continuation of this comment.

Should read the whole thread if u are replying to a post midway.Basic stuff mate.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:56 pm

To be fair to Liverpool they still need to improve and be more consistent to reach the top four.

As long as Wenger is still around, im not worried.. he has experience and knows what hes doing.

A realistic target with current players in normal circumstances without injuries would be Top2.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:12 pm

english_jewel wrote:Doubt they'll finish in the Top 4. Really depends on Liverpool.

Surprised how ironic, coz I actually think we have the balance in our squad to challenge Chelsea for 3rd place.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:19 pm

Arsenal got some quality signings but they did replace the quality that left imo

theyre back at square one how i see it
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:34 am

Stop being Arsenal haterz and see where we'll be lying on the standings at the end of May next year! I bet ya'll we'll be in the top 4, that's if our players stay injury free.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:30 am

Mata can play all over the midfield but to use him as someone to run the play through kind of limits all of his skills. Mata is better further up the field and in the final third.

I was very down on Chelsea at the start of the season, but I really like ALL of there purchases in this window. I think they really added some flair and quick strike ability. Over the last year or so they had become so deliberate which was fine when Drogba was terrorizing the final third and Lampard was a top 3 midfielder in the EPL but thats not the case anymore so they had to make moves.

IMO, the pairing of Suarez and Meireles is what turned Liverpool around in the second half of last year and I see the same thing happening with Meireles and Mata, they are a very similar partnership. The parallels don't stop there though, when Liverpool takes out Carroll there attack flows much better when they had Meireles and Chelsea need to do the same with Torres. They either need to bench him or stop having him wreck the creative play near the box by standing around with his thumb up his butt, Spain fans know what I mean because he does the exact same thing for them and the minute they take him out, the game flows much better for them. If AVB can't figure out the Drogba/Torres situation then Chelsea will finish behind Liverpool, if he does then vice versa.

As for the top 4, It's going to be the same 4 teams for the next 5 years or so the order just might change around.

1) Man United- I am stunned at how SAF has remade this team if you think about the team that played Barca just a couple months ago to now it's incredible, they look like a totally different team and as a Barca fan I would be scared to play them in any kind of elimination game.

2) Man City- The more this group plays with each other the better they will get and that's trouble for the EPL. By the time Xmas roles around they are going to be a well oiled machine. With there mix of attacker's, technical players and brut strength I don't know another team in the world that can match that. SAF is what puts Man U ahead of them, but this may be the last year thats a given. BTW, I think they are the Third best team in the world behind Barca and Man U.

3) Chelsea- For the reasons stated above, and I really like what AVB is doing. It may take a while to make this team into his image, but I think he is too smart of a coach to not figure out what to do with Drogba/Torres. Putting Chelsea third is not a knock on them as I think if they played in Italy they would win that league, they are just up against two very strong teams.

4) Liverpool- Similar to what SAF did in a short amount of time the same can be said for Dalglish, they look like a new team. HE cut the cancer out of the team and he has a legit future Balon D'or candidate in Suarez.. He bought the players he wanted and they look to fit his system like a glove, at the time it looked as if he payed a little to much but he identified what he wanted and went out and took it, Arsenal could learn from that and because of that reason Arsenal will be left behind. It will be a war between Liverpool and Chelsea for the third slot and will probably come down to there head to head battles.

Arsenal is a distant 5th place, and I really think if results go against them the team could quit on Wenger. They bought some token defenders to make it look like they really want to sure there back line up but none of there purchases really wow me at all. It looked more like a desperate attempt to shut the fans and media up and all it did was add depth to there defense but didn't improve it much.

To compliment Arsenal, I think Wenger put himself in such a bad bargaining position by selling Fab and Nasri at the end of the window and having 3 days to make over a team I think he did all he could do. Spending 30-40 mill on a player he didn't want in the first place would accomplish nothing and teams knew they could dictate the prices and terms of any sale to Arsenal in the last 3 days and thats not how you do business. I struggle to see how many players on Arsenal's team would make it into any of the top 3 teams in the EPL, I think dark days are ahead for them.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:32 am

dnmac, if i personally mail you a dead crow, will you upload a video of yourself tucking in to it with some BBQ sauce on the side come May next year?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next