Ganso
S
sagnik92
Superpeppe
IzzyC08
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Milan's Champions League Group - Page 2 Empty Re: Milan's Champions League Group

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:34 pm

i believe that seedorf's experience, his creativity is indispensable, hence he should start the game against barcelona. he has been a completely different player since the second half of last season, and he is improving despite his age. along with van bommel, and boateng seedorf should start. he can give lot of creativity, while boateng can lend help both in defense, alongside MVB. in attack its time pato robinho and ibra start linking up well. if we play with just defensive holding midfielders, our situation will not be different to that of real madrid. and i dont think aquilani has quality that x-factor, like pirlo to dictate midfield especially in CL against european elites.

whatever the lineup maybe, i hope allegri inspires us to victory. this time around in CL milan really need to live upto expectations. its been too long now since Milan has proved themselves in CL... its been long overdue

Back to top Go down

Milan's Champions League Group - Page 2 Empty Re: Milan's Champions League Group

Post by Ganso Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:36 pm

We simply have to go through the round of 16 this time,i cant take it anymore...
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:59 pm

even if we do lose, it will highlight our weaknesses

and make our weaknesses our strengths the next game
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fadjriemilan Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:21 pm

This is a good draw for us. We have a relatively easy group, plus we can test the best team in the competition. And also we won't have to face them in the very next round, right?

This could be a valuable experience for Allegri, remember that last season our turning point was when we were humiliated in Bernabue, though I don't expect another humiliation against Barca, but at least Allegri will get valuable lesson that he can't get elsewhere.

It would be hard to top this group with Barca in it, but in winter transfer I wish we sign a right reinforcement for CL. I mean GODso. Thumbs up
fadjriemilan
fadjriemilan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:30 pm

i will be very happy if we get a point out of 2 games!, our current sequad is no match for barca and i'm sure it's going to 10 men behind the ball over two games because we have no other choice......
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:46 am

We NEED to WIN...

... This is not a test, this is an opportunity for Milan to re-establish itself as one of the elite European clubs, a chance to match it with the best, a game like this only comes so often, it would be a real shame if we do not make a statement in this match, to tell Europe that we're back.

I don't want to support a team where we scavenge for points off the last year's Champions, I want us to be the team that other teams try to scavenge points off. Yes, it is true that the current Barcelona team have been the 'superteam' for a long time, but before them came Real Madrid's Galacticos and before that, there was us!

If every team parked the bus and played for the draw, UEFA could just give Barca the trophy now. To win against Barca we need to mentally and physically challenge them, not just sit back and hope to do 'a Rubin Kazan' on them.

Defeating Barca is a huge boost in European status and prestige, gives the players confidence, strikes fear into other teams and importantly, leads to finishing first in the group.

On paper their team is beyond compare, but games are not won on paper, they're won out on the field. Champions are not made by thrashing BATE and Plzen, Champions are made when they vanquish their former masters.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:49 am

like everyone already said, its a good test against the best, because chances are, if we make it all the way, we will prob meet them again in knockout, so the familiarity in group stage without much price to pay is a fairly good deal...

as everyone have mentioned, our attack are talented and are able to do some damage if properly supported, our defence is very solid even with old zambrotta or antonini, our midfield can defend fairly well, provide great screening for the back 4, but we need the link from midfield to our strikers, and unfortunately without this link that makes us a great team, we cant beat barca, they won 90% of their big games in the midfield.

i would leave boateng on xavi, and somewhat zone iniesta, but this might leave too little attention to their front 3... messiah, pedro and villa who finish their chances very well... but i'd put the trust in the back 4 to do a decent job, and try closing down their midfield, i dont see another way... for me only vanbommel and boateng are definite starters (if boa is injury free), seedorf would be the next in line, but we really really need that mr.x now, to see what we can achieve with this team.
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:58 am

I don't think we should care thaaaat much about villa and pedro,the main threat on their front 3 is messi because he is their main creative force.if nesta,silva and van bommel do their job well,xaviesta and alves are the only problems left.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagur Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:55 am

honestly I' very excited about those games with Barca. It's always nice to meet strong opponent in the group stage and check our abilities. The group seems easy, but I would prefer instead BATE another team. It's always hard to play against teams from Eastern Europe.(bad weather, tough game etc.)
Anyway they will never forget Very Happy
Chagur
Chagur
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:51 am

My post in the general section, it says most of what I want to say though I'll add a bit more later.
Dostoevsky wrote:Abiatti

Abate---Nesta---Silva---Zambrotta

Van Bommel---Mexes

Antonini---Ambrosini---Emanuelson

Bonera

Gattuso as the super-sub.

Come at us

In all seriousness though I think that a repeat of Inter's group stage performances against Barcelona may well be in order, a draw at home, though I think 1-1 more likely than Inter's 0-0 and a loss in Spain would be the safest bet. In much the same way as Inter, Milan shouldn't be too worried about these fixtures beyond ensuring our pride and they should be used as learning curves. Beating Barcelona in the group stages doesn't get you any closer to the trophy, if we can beat them it should be a surprise in the latter stages. It's a great litmus test, however both sides will likely not yet be at their peak and we'll still be learning how to play them. Allegri will be up against the wall from the beginning with our campaign beginning in the Camp Nou, however he learns from each mistake he makes so expect the team to get progressively better from half time in Spain.

Viktoria Plzeň knocked out Copenhagen in the Qualifying rounds, so they're evidently a decent team, however it's a far rosier prospect than when Inter faced Barcelona in a group also containing Rubin Kazan and Dynamo Kiev. I obviously don't want to concede anything to Barcelona, however losing in the group stages means nothing as long as you can qualify and we're fortunate that we'll have a chance to meet the Champions in a competitive environment with a reduced risk factor, giving Allegri the extra experience he'll be craving before we get to the big stages. We need to be respectful of our opponents, however with our squad it's not a group to be unhappy about.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:07 pm

I though Gattuso was suspended after the brawl with Joe Jordan, no?
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:11 pm

He'll miss the Camp Nou game, however he'll be around for our match in the San Siro which is Matchday Five.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabra1 Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:15 pm

I firmly believe Milan can steal a win at Camp Nou (maybe an undeserved one by a sole goal from Ibra or made by Ibra) and will win more convincingly against at San Siro, also curtesy of goals scored by Ibra or made by him.
Sabra1
Sabra1
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:50 pm

Abate will score. And Pippo will score.
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:18 am

i hope allegri and our players watched barca play tonight, its important all of them watch barca play every game to read their game. i hope they really do....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:25 am

Barca werent very impressive today.It seems that Abidal,Alves,Xavi,Villa and Pedro are going through a slump of form.Sanchez hasnt impressed,neither has Cesc even though hes a really good finisher.Messi and iniesta are as deadly as ever though.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:07 am

perform well for the sake of Serie A. We need co-effs and it wouldn't hurt if you knocked out a german team.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:35 am

no Taiwo against Barca! I was hoping that he would get some minuttes to adapt to our style! scratch
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:50 am

the game against barca would be the perfect test on our quality. we will definitely be outplayed but i dont see a reason why we can't defeat them

all we need is to have our most important players ready for the game plus an attack that can hit them on the counter.
imo, ibra, pato and robinho should all start together
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:05 am

With the strike, it appears that we will play our first game against Lazio on September 10th due to the international break. Our fixture in the Camp Nou will be played on September 13th.

Barcelona will be in a similar situation.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:51 am

No,barca had a decent pre season and they are playing 2 la liga games before us.Also,Spain will play a friendly,which we all know they are basically barca
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:08 pm

I'm rather disappointed this strike had to follow through as I would have preferred at least 2 games to for the players to warm up, build their confidence and find their feet before the Barcelona game.

I'm not a fan of Lazio being our season opener either as they have been in practice and in hot form within the EL.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:22 pm

Barcelona's structures are altered by the absence of Pique and Puyol so I wouldn't count the Spain friendly as an extra training session, however Barcelona will have played an extra League match before their clash against Real Sociedad at the same time that we play Lazio.

Their super-cup was later and the game against Porto would have been good training, so they are better prepared than us, however as long as we put up a good fight I'm content. Beating Lazio should be our main priority, all we need to do is get through the group stage.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:50 pm

pato and binho gave barca b hell.They have the same tik tack system,so they are somewhat experienced against them.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:27 pm

last year we saw Abate-Ronaldo , it was the class of the titans..this season ; is the class of gods ..jokes aside , i need to see this , Abate vs Messi..it will solve some of my unanswered questions about .. Messi Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:47 pm

a good post from r&b

The emphasis people put on our midfield weakness baffles me. Yes, we have a worse midfield than Barcelona. Then again, every other club has a worse midfield than Barcelona. However, I'd not go so far as to say we're definitely losing the midfield battle. Fact is Seedorf is a unique player who on his day, is on par with any midfielder, past on present. True, his good days don't come too often, but he does relish the big matches. Also we have Van Bommel, who can shut down a midfield like the boss he is. I expect him to shine against Barcelona. Aquilani will also want to prove himself, so expect good performances from him coming.

However, let's agree that Barcelona will win the midfield battle, and they enjoy a lot of possession. What are they going to do? Score? Silva and Nesta are a great defensive duo, and with help from Abate, Zambrotta and Van Bommel, I can see Barcelona having great trouble in the final third. Also, we might even opt to play Ambro to render almost all their attacks impotent.

While their attack is excellent, our defense is excellent too, and far beyond what they're used to in Spain. A deep defensive line with hard fighting midfielders is almost unheard of in Spain. Inter defeated them using the same tactic, and I think we can do the same.

As for their defense, it's good, but like previous posters said, it's more of a team effort, the way the team plays their possession game which leads them to not conceding goals. Fair enough, but we do have Ibrahimovic, Robinho and Pato, three immensely talented forwards who can score from practically anywhere. These guys don't need a whole lot of space, nor a whole lot of control of the ball. They can just score, without actually being in a good position to score. This mostly goes for Ibra, who I'm sure will want to prove something. I'd say Ibra magic can bring us a good result. He out-muscules their defense while still being a threat, which means they'll look to put as many people on him as possible, leaving space for Pato and Robinho. And you know what happens when you give them space.

Important thing to note is that Valdes has never been a great keeper and he isn't now. He isn't even a good keeper, as far as I'm concerned. Abbiati on the other hand, is in excellent form. Even in the case that the defense fails, he can stop sure goal. Happened a few times last season.

Last, but not least, we have Inzaghi
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next