white_star
40 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Mario Gotze - Page 2 Empty Re: Mario Gotze

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:53 pm

height really is a great measurement of capability:

goetze 1,76m
oezil 1,80m (indeed, those 4 cm give him a huge advantage. must be embarassing to even stand next to such a giant)
someone called aguero 1,73m (geez, he must be bad)
david silva 1,70m
robinho 1,70m
another dude, Andrés Iniesta or something 1,70m (lol, noob)

Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Holy shit, my bad. For some reason I thought Godze had Marin-like height.

Nah, those 4 cm are nothing Very Happy Brain fart of the day.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:36 pm

Toffer Harley wrote:i didn't talk about messi's speed and honestly, a 15 year old could become as strong as him, what are you talkin about. throw in some practice in the gym and you're there within a few months. the guy had to down pills, to even grow - physically he's nothing special. but well i don't have a clue anyway Wink.

i start to think you haven't watched too much of goetze, but we can get back on this topic in a few years time, when he's "officially" up there with the others.
You got me totally wrong. I didn't say Goetze can't get better than Ozil or similar. The point was, he has to concentrate on other areas to get great. In his case, a lot of strength in upper body, shooting and superb positioning are needed. He needs superb positioning to compensate for speed. Of course, his first touch and other technical attributes could get only better with time.
Ozil has got other problems, his right foot, shooting and positioning deeper in midfield Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:55 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Toffer Harley wrote:i didn't talk about messi's speed and honestly, a 15 year old could become as strong as him, what are you talkin about. throw in some practice in the gym and you're there within a few months. the guy had to down pills, to even grow - physically he's nothing special. but well i don't have a clue anyway Wink.

i start to think you haven't watched too much of goetze, but we can get back on this topic in a few years time, when he's "officially" up there with the others.
You got me totally wrong. I didn't say Goetze can't get better than Ozil or similar. The point was, he has to concentrate on other areas to get great. In his case, a lot of strength in upper body, shooting and superb positioning are needed. He needs superb positioning to compensate for speed. Of course, his first touch and other technical attributes could get only better with time.
Ozil has got other problems, his right foot, shooting and positioning deeper in midfield Very Happy

ah ok, well we still disagree on the speed topic but there should be reliable statistics concerning sprints etc. out there - i'm just too lazy to find them right now. let's just leave it with that then. of course he needs improvement in certain areas but as said, i think a development can already be seen.

what he should really try to work on is bringing a bit more swerve in his shot. sometimes he just shoots "too" straight, which makes it easy for the goalkeepers. but he has shown more ingenuity in front of goal, where he doesn't shoot spectacular but he gets the ball past the keeper (e.g. BVB vs. HSV, GER-BRA).

strenght looks good, he became quite buff and i think he's still on to improve that. his first touch is just absolutely awesome, that's a known fact. all his youtube videos mostly highlight that and he's starting to show off with it. i remember a scene from this season where he steps on a cross from like 30 meters and just keeps standing there lookin happy to be boss enough to take down a ball like that. but these scenes are rare and he usually tries to play quite economic.

conerning oezils right foot i can say that it will prolly never become insanely good, eventho he sometimes brings in one of his pin-point crosses in with his right - out of nowhere. everyone in the world knows he plays nearly every ball with his left foot, but still nobody is really able to stop him from doin it. kinda like the robben thing - he's running, you know he's gonna cut in to the left and shoot somewhere near the box but anyone can hardly stop it from happening.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:04 pm

Toffer Harley wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

ah ok, well we still disagree on the speed topic but there should be reliable statistics concerning sprints etc. out there - i'm just too lazy to find them right now. let's just leave it with that then. of course he needs improvement in certain areas but as said, i think a development can already be seen.

what he should really try to work on is bringing a bit more swerve in his shot. sometimes he just shoots "too" straight, which makes it easy for the goalkeepers. but he has shown more ingenuity in front of goal, where he doesn't shoot spectacular but he gets the ball past the keeper (e.g. BVB vs. HSV, GER-BRA).

strenght looks good, he became quite buff and i think he's still on to improve that. his first touch is just absolutely awesome, that's a known fact. all his youtube videos mostly highlight that and he's starting to show off with it. i remember a scene from this season where he steps on a cross from like 30 meters and just keeps standing there lookin happy to be boss enough to take down a ball like that. but these scenes are rare and he usually tries to play quite economic.

conerning oezils right foot i can say that it will prolly never become insanely good, eventho he sometimes brings in one of his pin-point crosses in with his right - out of nowhere. everyone in the world knows he plays nearly every ball with his left foot, but still nobody is really able to stop him from doin it. kinda like the robben thing - he's running, you know he's gonna cut in to the left and shoot somewhere near the box but anyone can hardly stop it from happening.

@2.50 , he is even faster now Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:11 pm

yea i know i was laughin hard when i saw this but this was one of the rare scenes where it really came apparent that he can be that fast if he wants to! even surprised me a bit at that point, because in bundesliga he hasn't shown it that often before.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Toffer Harley wrote:yea i know i was laughin hard when i saw this but this was one of the rare scenes where it really came apparent that he can be that fast if he wants to! even surprised me a bit at that point, because in bundesliga he hasn't shown it that often before.
In la liga, he uses his speed all the time Very Happy

Some people don't do that much in their whole career Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Holy shit, my bad. For some reason I thought Godze had Marin-like height.

You just conceded being wrong on a forum.

I think I love you.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:49 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Holy shit, my bad. For some reason I thought Godze had Marin-like height.

You just conceded being wrong on a forum.

I think I love you.
I've conceded plenty of times before.

I love you, too Heart
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:15 am

babun1024 wrote:
Toffer Harley wrote:yea i know i was laughin hard when i saw this but this was one of the rare scenes where it really came apparent that he can be that fast if he wants to! even surprised me a bit at that point, because in bundesliga he hasn't shown it that often before.
In la liga, he uses his speed all the time Very Happy

Some people don't do that much in their whole career Very Happy

yea i watched every RM match i could last season just because of our boys sami and mesut. but well obviously the step to such a huge club makes you evolve as a player or maybe gives you another awareness of your skills and how to use them the best way.

goetze still has that in front of him and i hope to see him at ManU/Chelsea next season.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:33 am

I would take him over di maria even though he isnt an out and out winger.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:55 am

The hype train is getting too much...let the kid breathe...
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:07 pm

Meh, he can take it. Not that I disagree, overhyping doesn't help anyone, but Özil didn't choke at Madrid either, and tons of people expected him to be too young, inexperienced and unproven.

And Götze just destroyed Brazil. Okay, friendly, sure, probably shouldn't read too much into it, but still - counts for something, doesn't it?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by cookie Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:12 pm

Kroos and Bastian destroyed Brazil, not that fat midget who scored a goal and that's it

cookie
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:31 pm

lololol. Did you watch the game and do you think beating Brazil is an easy thing to do?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:50 pm

cookie wrote:Kroos and Bastian destroyed Brazil, not that fat midget who scored a goal and that's it

totally.

Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by cookie Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:21 pm

loool
2:43 minutes of good scenes out of 90'
where is the bad scenes like when he skied his corner?
jetlag brazil with non existent midfield and swiss cheese defense? hard to beat my arse!! looool
point is fat midget was hyped as if he single-handedly beat brazil while in fact Kroos and Bastian did more than him, simple as that

cookie
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:38 pm

I agree with you. He was not that awesome but still great.
And he's 1.76, hardly a midget. Very Happy
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:09 pm

cookie wrote:loool
2:43 minutes of good scenes out of 90'
where is the bad scenes like when he skied his corner?
jetlag brazil with non existent midfield and swiss cheese defense? hard to beat my arse!! looool
point is fat midget was hyped as if he single-handedly beat brazil while in fact Kroos and Bastian did more than him, simple as that

ahhh yea, a failed corner of a 19 year old in his debut as a starter for his national side in a game against brazil makes his whole performance average. do you ever have anything useful to say? go watch ice hockey or some shit, you're ridiculous.

he "assisted" the penalty, scored a goal in awesome fashion and should have assisted another one where Kroos wasn't able to hit a great chip into the box, which my grand mother would have banged in.

it was a very good performance, which the whole educated football world acknowledged - rightly so. nobody said anything about him beating them "single-handedly".
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:33 pm

I think Dortmund are here to stay as an elite club. I dont see them selling Goteze. On top of that, The players in Dortmund look like they actually want to stay at the club.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:38 pm

Subotic will be gone after this season, Kagawa as well.
They made comments like that in the past.
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:45 pm

subotic will be gone most likely. with kagawa it depends if he can rediscover his form, he hasn't been to great so far. but that wouldn't be the end, they'll need some good new signings then.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:08 am

Dortmund have good talent coming up as well.

Günter could replace Subotic and Benkarit Kagawa but both are still a few years away, especially Benkarit who is just 16 but he scores a lot in juniors.
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:18 pm

Lol, 175 cm is already past midget height. Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:05 pm

There he is showing his age...
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:09 pm

oh if that was neymar these forums and the media would go in meltdown Rolling Eyes .....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next