ChollaVille
Albiceleste
shinigami99
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Masche is the solution - Page 3 Empty Re: Masche is the solution

Post by sagnik92 Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:53 am

the main problem last night was not masch but abidal.he does not look solid as a CB like last season.i am worried about the villareal game although i think busquets coming in for keita would make things a lot easier for masch and abi

sagnik92
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:29 am

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I was going to put this in the Porto thread, but I think here is better.

I disliked Mascherano's performance, in fact I thought he had a horrible game. Mind you, its not exactly his fault.

He can defend fine for a CB, that is now proven. However, with the ball, he is terrible. Anytime it isnt rolling to him perfectly, he has difficulty continuing passing moves. He did at least 7 long balls high in the air for no reason tonight and we suffered possession wise because of it.

The thing is, at centerback, he has more time on the ball, but that actually isnt a good thing for him. You see, when he plays DM, he is in more traffick and often he isnt facing the goal. He is side on or back to goal. Therefore, whenever he gets a pass the decision is already made for him, he has to pass it relatively quick because he knows he will get closed down and he doesnt have the ability to get out of it.

But at CB, he has inital time and he takes touches and has to make a decision. Now, if he wasnt pressed and allowed to just play it simple to the DM, RB or other CB we would be fine. But when we are pressed, you see the flaw.

The opponant will press up and mark the midfielders, then Dani Alves. The passes to these players are much harder and its not always possible to make them. The angle to the other centerback is now cut by a player and Mascherano has to make a decision. He doesnt have the ability of a Pique (or even an Abidal who has come on leaps and bounds at this) to dribble out and commit a defender to him, so he hoofs it long before he gets closed down.

The thing is, he wants to make a decision, but once that has been take away he doesnt have the ability to readjust and make another decision anything like often enough.

If say Pique has the ball and his option is cut of, he can improvise, change direction and look for another pass, if that is cut off he can dribble it out..he has many options because he is much more intellegant and has much better skill. Mascherano wants the first option and if it isnt there, he ends up launching it.

What is also worse, he takes longer to control balls (or he cant control them period so he hoofs it) so he ends up having less time on the ball in the first place.

I thought him playing further away from goal would be a plus offensively when he is at centerback and it can be. But if teams press us, it becomes a bigger problem.

After 30 minutes I was literally pleading for Busquets to be brought on.

Excellent post dani. A great read. I can't disagree with anything but at the same time I would like to say Mascherano played a vital role last night in making several last ditch clearances and a few of these tackles were really special.

I did say defensively Machete did very well. However, I think it important to say the tackles and clearances he did, he wouldnt of needed to do if he didnt do so many long balls and we kept better possession.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:31 am

sagnik92 wrote:the main problem last night was not masch but abidal.he does not look solid as a CB like last season.i am worried about the villareal game although i think busquets coming in for keita would make things a lot easier for masch and abi

Dont get this at all.

Abidal gave away a penalty becvause of a bad touch, which is rare for him. Other then that, what did he do wrong? He tried to keep the ball and hardly ever kicked it long. He was doing the right things.

He got owned by Hulk in a 1 v 1, but that isnt a surprise to me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:32 am

All last night showed me is how much Barca desperately need Pique and Busquets back ASAP......

Puyol aswell but it's not as important as Pique and Busquets imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmore. Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:49 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Piquets is one of our best duet.
Blackmore.
Blackmore.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:06 pm

Blackmore. wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, Piquets is one of our best duet.

Dude really decieving sig..I honestly thought there was an insect on my monitor screen.. Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:43 am

Masche is the solution - Page 3 Masc

Good game vs Porto by Maschete. Abidal was awful as CB, Pedro and Villa were also flop of the game. Maschete > Abidal > Fontas/Busquets as CB, I don't know who is worse at CB Busquets or Fontas, but I don't rate them as CB and hope they will play as little minutes as possible.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:41 am

So close for first goal for our club. Damn, what a goal would it be. So close Maschete. If he scores in the future I would be banana
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Top 3 tackles of Mascherano:

http://king-football.com/bb/?p=236#more-236
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Great compilation man Very Happy
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafinha Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:14 am

Anyone else think his performences as CB in this year are par with any of the best CBs of the world?
Rafinha
Rafinha
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:03 pm

He is horrible in the air, that's a very bad weakness to have.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:37 am

http://www.thefootballramble.com/blog/entry/the-monster-masch

Masche :bow: Good that pundits are starting to appreciate him. Maschete what a transfer :bow: :bow:
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:22 am

Anyone watching Barca closely knows how "VALUABLE" Masche is for the team, one hell of a fighter, superb tackles...some of them get carded sure, but still Pep has to be thanking the stars for having more then one "Joker" player the likes of Mascherano and Abidal, who can placed in many parts of the field and still get it right ! He didnt captain Argentina for nothing.
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3