Ashley Young?

+7
B-Mac
Busby Babe
DavidVilla92
jibers
cyberman
RED
IAmManUnited
11 posters

Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Ashley Young?

Post by IAmManUnited Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 23:47

Were on the verge of signing him, how do u guys feel, hes def not better than either valencia or nani and he only plays wide so i dont know why hes bought, maybe cause we have a shortage of pure wingers?
I really dont want him to take Nanis position and degrade his fragile selfesteem more an more... but for 15 mil which i heard is the price, its a deal.
IAmManUnited
IAmManUnited
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 199
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by RED Wed 8 Jun 2011 - 2:02

IAmManUnited wrote:Were on the verge of signing him, how do u guys feel, hes def not better than either valencia or nani and he only plays wide so i dont know why hes bought, maybe cause we have a shortage of pure wingers?
I really dont want him to take Nanis position and degrade his fragile selfesteem more an more... but for 15 mil which i heard is the price, its a deal.

We talked about it on the transfer thread.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10249
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by cyberman Wed 8 Jun 2011 - 17:55

hes getting married this weekend, itll be completed next week

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 2011
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by jibers Sun 12 Jun 2011 - 20:01

Can't believe we are getting this guy? O well....
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10236
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by DavidVilla92 Sun 12 Jun 2011 - 21:28

I think its a great buy Jibers, we now atleast have someone who can actually play left wing and can play many other positions.
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 163
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 30

https://www.facebook.com/daniemccarthy92

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by Busby Babe Sun 12 Jun 2011 - 21:38

If Ashley Young comes, we can't stick both Valencia and Nani on the right, so who gets shipped off?

Ashley Young can play down the middle, but he'll only play there when Rooney is tired or injured. What happens if Valencia, Nani, Young and Rooney are all fit?

Rotation is all fine and dandy, but when it comes to the big games they won't be happy to stick on the bench for too long. Do you think if we drop Nani for another CL final he will be content when he is one of the reasons we finished first? I think he will be fuming.

Ashley Young coming will also not fix out CM problem, because when he comes on he will come on like for like. Already, similar to the players we have just more versatile. We need more then versatility we need something different.

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 4615
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by B-Mac Sun 12 Jun 2011 - 21:44

i think young is a depth move, because when valencia and nani were both hurt last year or tired, we had to roll out bebe, young is coming for the CL, i think he knows its going to be a battle for a starting place each week
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 8830
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by IAmManUnited Sun 12 Jun 2011 - 22:37

Honestly we have a good backup if ever valencia or nani get injured, nothing wrong with depth
IAmManUnited
IAmManUnited
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 199
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by DavidVilla92 Mon 13 Jun 2011 - 3:13

IAmManUnited wrote:Honestly we have a good backup if ever valencia or nani get injured, nothing wrong with depth

Ashley Young is a much better LW than Nani... FACT
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 163
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 30

https://www.facebook.com/daniemccarthy92

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by IAmManUnited Mon 13 Jun 2011 - 6:08

DavidVilla92 wrote:
IAmManUnited wrote:Honestly we have a good backup if ever valencia or nani get injured, nothing wrong with depth

Ashley Young is a much better LW than Nani... FACT

Idk if ur serious, Young has his days, i much much perfer Nani any day...more versatile....
IAmManUnited
IAmManUnited
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 199
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by DavidVilla92 Mon 13 Jun 2011 - 16:37

IAmManUnited wrote:
DavidVilla92 wrote:
IAmManUnited wrote:Honestly we have a good backup if ever valencia or nani get injured, nothing wrong with depth

Ashley Young is a much better LW than Nani... FACT

Idk if ur serious, Young has his days, i much much perfer Nani any day...more versatile....

Im serious. Have you seen Nani on the left? Hes like a lost lonely child when he plays there.
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 163
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 30

https://www.facebook.com/daniemccarthy92

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by Iceman Mon 13 Jun 2011 - 22:33

DV92 has a point. On the left wing, Young is a better option than Nani. The right wing is where Nani excels and he's probably better than Valencia there as well, but that just my opinion.

Its a good move for United if thats true. I had wished that Young would come to Arsenal, but that seems to be a distant dream at this point
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2043
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by Leviathan Tue 11 Feb 2014 - 17:17

Iceman wrote:DV92 has a point. On the left wing, Young is a better option than Nani. The right wing is where Nani excels and he's probably better than Valencia there as well, but that just my opinion.

Its a good move for United if thats true. I had wished that Young would come to Arsenal, but that seems to be a distant dream at this point


If you give me your address I will personally deliver him to you cheers 

Leviathan
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 38
Join date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by Busby Babe Tue 11 Feb 2014 - 18:52

Busby Babe wrote:If Ashley Young comes, we can't stick both Valencia and Nani on the right, so who gets shipped off?

Ashley Young can play down the middle, but he'll only play there when Rooney is tired or injured. What happens if Valencia, Nani, Young and Rooney are all fit?

Rotation is all fine and dandy, but when it comes to the big games they won't be happy to stick on the bench for too long. Do you think if we drop Nani for another CL final he will be content when he is one of the reasons we finished first? I think he will be fuming.

Ashley Young coming will also not fix out CM problem, because when he comes on he will come on like for like. Already, similar to the players we have just more versatile. We need more then versatility we need something different.


Turns out it was at the expense of Nani after all  Sad
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 4615
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by M99 Tue 11 Feb 2014 - 19:50

Awful, awful player. How is this pos starting over Januzaj?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30386
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by Busby Babe Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 20:31



ffs the state of him Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 4615
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by RED Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 20:38

rofl

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10249
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by Glory Mon 17 Nov 2014 - 13:23

Heard Moyes is interested in signing him for La Real Sociedad. Chaka and its stated its for 6 million. Thumbs up  

David ' the saviour'  Moyes .. Proud helping us get rid of a waste.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 6225
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by Glory Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 23:12

applicable to both young and valencia this post.

What are they doing differently this season, or more precisely in the last 3 or 4 games? Is it Van Gaal ?? or is it cos of the fact that they were used wrongly by moyseh? I know as an attacking option they are huge liabilities to the team but whenever been asked to do a job in defense or in wide center. they have done decently or like in today's instance very well. So is this a revival of sorts or is this just keeping it simple due to the lvg effect?

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 6225
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by Busby Babe Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 13:59

They didn't really have to do much because we had so much possession, Young's clearance was good though. Attacking wise Valencia leaves a lot to be desired. Young was much better, but his end product needs to be better after he goes past a player, same could be said about Shaw too though. I would say Young has improved the most, he's clearly a better player than Valencia. It's actually not even close.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 4615
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Ashley Young? Empty Re: Ashley Young?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum