REWB
since1996
Raptorgunner
Sushi Master
EL Patron
Sri
11 posters

Go down

Chamakh - I can make a bigger impact now Empty Chamakh - I can make a bigger impact now

Post by Sri Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:53 pm

The Moroccan striker moved from Bordeaux to Emirates Stadium last summer and made a solid first impression, netting ten times in his first 17 starts for the Club and flourishing in the absence of the injured Robin van Persie and Nicklas Bendtner.

Chamakh could not maintain his fine early-season form and featured far less after Van Persie returned to full fitness in the New Year but 27-year-old rejects the notion that he might suffer 'second season syndrome' in 2011/12.

"No, I think it’ll in fact be easier," Chamakh told Arsenal.com. 

"I understand both the football and the group better, and I now have many friends in this team. So I aim to keep improving and to make a big contribution.

"Your first pre-season is always difficult, you have to accustom yourself to new training and make new friends, but we’re all together and everything looks fine."

Chamakh and his team-mates are back on home soil this weekend for the Emirates Cup after a pre-season tour that took in Malaysia, China and Germany. The trip to Asia in particular was an eye-opener for the striker.

"I think it was a good, new experience for the entire squad," he said. 

"It was surprising to see the number of fans Arsenal have over there and I think it proved to us what a big club this is – people across the world demand that you do well. For us it was good to spend time in a different culture, while the supporters could watch us in matches and training, and see a lot of the Club.

"Germany was a bit different. There were fewer supporters around and the training was harder both for us and the staff. But we played a good match against Cologne and had some great facilities there, so we’re happy with how it has gone."

_____ arsenal.com_____

What d'yall think?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Chamakh - I can make a bigger impact now Empty Re: Chamakh - I can make a bigger impact now

Post by EL Patron Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:54 pm

I want more goals from him
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Chamakh - I can make a bigger impact now Empty Re: Chamakh - I can make a bigger impact now

Post by Sri Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:55 pm

I want better performances than what I saw at Köln.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:02 pm

I just want his first half season performance. He was immense.

Oh, and if he can try shooting every once in a while.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:18 pm

Well if he don't perform well this year, I can see him being sold to France team.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:38 pm

shoot chamakh shoot shoot shoot. lift yo chin and look at the goal and shoot. just shoot. SHOOT. i wish i could shoot him if he doesnt shoot.
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:42 pm

all he needs to do is learn to shoot the ball more and i bet he will play better
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:46 pm

This is what I want to hear.
]Gervinho: I want to emulate Thierry Henry at Arsenal
New Arsenal forward Gervinho is determined to adapt quickly to the hustle and bustle of Premier League football - and hopes one day to cement a place in Gunners folklore like his hero Thierry Henry.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:This is what I want to hear.
]Gervinho: I want to emulate Thierry Henry at Arsenal
New Arsenal forward Gervinho is determined to adapt quickly to the hustle and bustle of Premier League football - and hopes one day to cement a place in Gunners folklore like his hero Thierry Henry.

Commitment. Good to hear!

EDIT: Is Nasri hearing this?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:39 pm

I remember many a time he got those bullet headers.. But most of the time it was either on the bar or directly to the goalie..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:46 pm

Well Ill be happy with Chamakh slotting in 10-13 goals a season to be honest. He can be a handfull against Fa cup teams, Carling cup teams, second leg matches against teams in the group stages of the champions league (if we are well above other teams in the group).

haha we just dont know how to react with having depth in our squad.... this is an alien concept to us Very Happy
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:14 pm

Before anyone judges Chamakh, you should all be aware of the "blackmail" situation he was involved in in January, which saw his form dip.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Before anyone judges Chamakh, you should all be aware of the "blackmail" situation he was involved in in January, which saw his form dip.

lmao Laughing Laughing chamack the orgy man.... Who saw that coming ?? The guy looks like a big poofter Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:26 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Before anyone judges Chamakh, you should all be aware of the "blackmail" situation he was involved in in January, which saw his form dip.

+1

I think Chamakh is a great player and very reliable, he got Boyata sent off and scored against Aston Villa when we put him on and under immense pressure just started pummeling crosses into the box, but the referee was stupid and didn't count it. If he had kept his form for the second part of the season and RVP wasn't superhuman, he would've been best striker in England.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:24 am

Well nobody is pulling him back now.. Lets hope he has a better season.. We need him, especially since RvP has a tendency to go MIA every season.. Vela is not quite there (yet)..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:23 pm

srigooner wrote:Well nobody is pulling him back now.. Lets hope he has a better season.. We need him, especially since RvP has a tendency to go MIA every season.. Vela is not quite there (yet)..

I rather play gervinho there if rvp is injured... Chamack is toothless, doesn't do enough in front of goals.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:27 pm

His hold up play is incredible, though. He's also a penalty magnet.

I still insist: if Vela was given enough playing time and gained enough confidence, he could be as good as Chicharito. He's one of our best finishers.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:35 pm

Sushi Master wrote:His hold up play is incredible, though. He's also a penalty magnet.

I still insist: if Vela was given enough playing time and gained enough confidence, he could be as good as Chicharito. He's one of our best finishers.

He is playing in a system that suits him. I don't think vela is comfortable on he wing or alone up front.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:44 pm

Vela is too young and inexperienced to lead an attack.. I rate him much higher than that Hernandez kid.. I want to see him get opportunities though.. That is very important for him.. If he was given half the chances that Bendy got, .....

Chamakh - Needs to lift his game and regain his confidence.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:47 pm

I know, but I'd give him as much Carling Cup and FA cup time as possible. In the PL he's sure as hell not starting, yet.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:55 pm

True that.. Especially not in a crucial season like this one!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:21 pm

i THINK chamack suits well in a 442 setup wer ther is a central striker and a supporting one. kinda like drog and anelka. chamakh has incredible hold up play. thats 1 of his strength. he myt be toothless in front of goal bt his hold up play creates an opportunity 4 one of our creative midfielders 2 move up the line.wat chamakh nids is 2 goal in maybe the 1st 4 league games and u'll c hw hs confidence boosts.
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:40 pm

orgy man!
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:19 pm

bump Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down