El Gunner
BarcaLearning
17 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Premier League 2024/25 - Page 9 Empty Re: Premier League 2024/25

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 01, 2024 2:07 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I'm actually a bit surprised that you haven't been more on the Mbappe hype train, Arq. I recall you were among the people who weren't very happy when I criticized his reliance on pace and large spaces several years back.

He seems to have developed his overall game quite a lot since then, and I like to think that he'll come good for us, but he's definitely no CR7 when it comes to adapting quickly. Injuries to Camavinga and Bellingham probably haven't helped his adaptation process either.

He's the best player in the world (Mbappe) as I cant recall being unhappy with it thats Sports I bet.

But I long deemed you the authority on Norwegian talents and Haaland as you know more of his best role and movements than I but you must admit, despite being streamlined his goal blaze is exciting you.

It was a while ago, but it seemed like almost every single member of this forum was quite upset with what I considered to be quite mild criticism towards Mbappe. I could’ve sworn that you were among the people who barraged me with disagreeing responses since I remembered your specific name when I recalled that conversation, but I might be wrong about that.

Either way, I haven’t watched Mbappe much since then, but Sports seemed to suggest that he’s added more tools to his game and has become less reliant on pace, and I don’t doubt that it’s true. That’s what I wanted to see from him when I initially pointed out what I saw as limitations in his game, and what I recognized as the primary reason for why he struggled to have an impact against teams with pacy fullbacks. The intention wasn’t to berate him, like it would seem that people suspected based on some of the responses. All players have areas that they can improve on, we might as well discuss them. I do enjoy watching Mbappe at his best, and I’m getting too old for the spitefulness and banter of player rivalries, like I used to indulge in between Messi and CR7.

As for Haaland, I did start following City regularly because of him and I do think it’s exciting to watch his ruthless finishing ability. I am a fan of his, and I don't think it would've made any difference if he wasn't Norwegian. I have mixed feelings about him as a City player, in general. I started following him at RB Salzburg out of impulse, and he was so refreshingly fun to watch that it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that watching him play rejuvenated my interest in the sport as a whole, at a time when I was gradually losing interest in it.

Ever since he transferred to Man City, the things that once made him uniquely entertaining to watch, like how he used to brute force his way through players with pace and power, or occasionally display some of the clumsiest, yet surprisingly effective dribbling I have seen, has been reduced to largely just hovering around the box and barely being involved in play. He looks like a relatively generic player these days, but the elite finishing ability that he's had for as long as I've been watching him has largely been kept intact, and his goalscoring statistics are completely wild for someone so young.

As much as I dislike seeing what he’s turned into from an entertainment point of view, he’s still fascinatingly effective at finding the back of the net, and while some may believe that Mbappe is the best player in the world right now, I think the two of them offer very different things and aren’t quite comparable unless someone insists on comparing two very different sets of talents. I will say, though, If we didn’t have Vinicius already, the addition of Mbappe would’ve been a much more significant signing. I think Haaland would’ve been a massive signing regardless of our existing team, because even when he’s reduced to being a fox in the box in Pep’s system, no one rivals his shot to goal ratio. Not even Messi or Ronaldo. I think Real Madrid would be the only realistic upgrade on Man City for Haaland, and I believe it would've been a really mutually beneficial deal, as we need a CF and he would finally be freed from the shackles of Pep's rigid, positional system - but I imagine he'll stay at Man City for quite a few more years at this point. Assuming Barca don't have a million levers ready to pull for him, which would be a nightmare scenario for me as a Real Madrid fan.

I couldn’t care less who’s the best player in the world right now. In my mind, R9 is still the overall most talented player, Messi is the most accomplished and artistically skillful, Ronaldinho is the most entertaining, and Redondo is the niche pick that I truly have an irrational bias towards.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:29 am

Still not sure what to make of Pool under Slot

well I say that like I've watched them at all under him, I have no idea what to expect but I do not think we will be winning today. Our issues are still creative and finishing based. Bruno is our sole creative outlet. None of our wingers pass.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:52 am

Liverpool have looked good so far. Fluid football. I think it's more so just the chemistry that the players already have with each other, rather than anything significant Slot as implemented thus far
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 01, 2024 3:20 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I'm actually a bit surprised that you haven't been more on the Mbappe hype train, Arq. I recall you were among the people who weren't very happy when I criticized his reliance on pace and large spaces several years back.

He seems to have developed his overall game quite a lot since then, and I like to think that he'll come good for us, but he's definitely no CR7 when it comes to adapting quickly. Injuries to Camavinga and Bellingham probably haven't helped his adaptation process either.

He's the best player in the world (Mbappe) as I cant recall being unhappy with it thats Sports I bet.

But I long deemed you the authority on Norwegian talents and Haaland as you know more of his best role and movements than I but you must admit, despite being streamlined his goal blaze is exciting you.

It was a while ago, but it seemed like almost every single member of this forum was quite upset with what I considered to be quite mild criticism towards Mbappe. I could’ve sworn that you were among the people who barraged me with disagreeing responses since I remembered your specific name when I recalled that conversation, but I might be wrong about that.

Either way, I haven’t watched Mbappe much since then, but Sports seemed to suggest that he’s added more tools to his game and has become less reliant on pace, and I don’t doubt that it’s true. That’s what I wanted to see from him when I initially pointed out what I saw as limitations in his game, and what I recognized as the primary reason for why he struggled to have an impact against teams with pacy fullbacks. The intention wasn’t to berate him, like it would seem that people suspected based on some of the responses. All players have areas that they can improve on, we might as well discuss them. I do enjoy watching Mbappe at his best, and I’m getting too old for the spitefulness and banter of player rivalries, like I used to indulge in between Messi and CR7.

As for Haaland, I did start following City regularly because of him and I do think it’s exciting to watch his ruthless finishing ability. I am a fan of his, and I don't think it would've made any difference if he wasn't Norwegian. I have mixed feelings about him as a City player, in general. I started following him at RB Salzburg out of impulse, and he was so refreshingly fun to watch that it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that watching him play rejuvenated my interest in the sport as a whole, at a time when I was gradually losing interest in it.

Ever since he transferred to Man City, the things that once made him uniquely entertaining to watch, like how he used to brute force his way through players with pace and power, or occasionally display some of the clumsiest, yet surprisingly effective dribbling I have seen, has been reduced to largely just hovering around the box and barely being involved in play. He looks like a relatively generic player these days, but the elite finishing ability that he's had for as long as I've been watching him has largely been kept intact, and his goalscoring statistics are completely wild for someone so young.

As much as I dislike seeing what he’s turned into from an entertainment point of view, he’s still fascinatingly effective at finding the back of the net, and while some may believe that Mbappe is the best player in the world right now, I think the two of them offer very different things and aren’t quite comparable unless someone insists on comparing two very different sets of talents. I will say, though, If we didn’t have Vinicius already, the addition of Mbappe would’ve been a much more significant signing. I think Haaland would’ve been a massive signing regardless of our existing team, because even when he’s reduced to being a fox in the box in Pep’s system, no one rivals his shot to goal ratio. Not even Messi or Ronaldo. I think Real Madrid would be the only realistic upgrade on Man City for Haaland, and I believe it would've been a really mutually beneficial deal, as we need a CF and he would finally be freed from the shackles of Pep's rigid, positional system - but I imagine he'll stay at Man City for quite a few more years at this point. Assuming Barca don't have a million levers ready to pull for him, which would be a nightmare scenario for me as a Real Madrid fan.

I couldn’t care less who’s the best player in the world right now. In my mind, R9 is still the overall most talented player, Messi is the most accomplished and artistically skillful, Ronaldinho is the most entertaining, and Redondo is the niche pick that I truly have an irrational bias towards.

We've just never particularly disagreed on much given our topics of posting usually differ and never seem to clash. Im firm on his standing as the best in the world but feel no emotional pull for it since he has nothing to do with any team I have, in fact Im more a fan of Haaland as a person given his off field ways and exploits and diet, to which I want to throw a topic on very soon.

Very much enjoyed reading that as usual thanks for the detail. Heart
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 01, 2024 3:21 pm

There really is nothing to comment on LFC under Slot so far at all beyond him having solid fundamentals and an eye for player chemistry. Anything beyond that is a talk out of ones ass.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 01, 2024 3:21 pm

That being said I dont see ten Hag's United beating us today as I do not rate them at all then again such things dont matter in historic derbies.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:35 pm

I'm tired of Casemiro man
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:44 pm

Casemiro will be in Brazil or Saudi in 6 months

Finished beyond belief
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:44 pm

get ten hag gone

Casemiro is finished, Zirkzee looks like a donkey, ONANA is a clown

same old shit
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:45 pm

S wrote:Casemiro will be in Brazil or Saudi in 6 months

Finished beyond belief

he's on like 350K and doesnt want to go there

this is looking like a 5-0 loss incoming

I'm tired

STOP STARTING RASHFORD, LAD OFFERS NOTHING
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:45 pm

Casemiro is a joke of a player. Retire you bum.

Absolutely ruining this team but we’ve yet to be truly tested of course
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:48 pm

Pool 2 shots on target, 2 goals

Onana never makes a save lol
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:50 pm

At least Casemiro wont be a starter now we have Ugarte but I'm srsly concerned with this Zirkzee lad and the usual suspects (Rashford and Onana)
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:50 pm

Firenze wrote:

Finished beyond belief

I'm tired

Ten Haag should’ve been gone before the season started. I’m so tired of watching Rashford start and doing nothing Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:07 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Firenze wrote:

Finished beyond belief

I'm tired

Ten Haag should’ve been gone before the season started. I’m so tired of watching Rashford start and doing nothing Laughing

yeah the FA CUP win will cost us a couple months, his insistence to start Rashford makes 0 sense, Garnacho is hit and miss but I would start him and Amad every game over Rashford who has done nothing for months. He isn't creative, all he can do is cut inside and shoot and he has a couple goals in the last year. He seems to have lost pace too so counters with him aren't that effective now either. It's just baffling he starts EVERY game unless ETH has been told to start him, which I doubt.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:11 pm

How Rashford still starts is beyond me clearly those off field exploits won ten hag’s heart
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:17 pm

Well this is getting embarassing now.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:17 pm

3 shots on target 3 goals

ONANA OUT OF MY CLUB

Mainoo getting bullied all game
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:19 pm

United rofl

dissolve this club lmao
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:19 pm

Salah again with the Izzy celebration Proud
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:19 pm

I hope we just sack ETH after the game lol, who is available? be ruthless Ineos

next manager in, bench Onana, bench rashford
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:21 pm

What a pounding

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:21 pm

RVN was always the failsafe
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:23 pm

Firenze wrote:I hope we just sack ETH after the game lol, who is available?

Premier League 2024/25 - Page 9 Allegri
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:30 pm

ten hag ladies and gents

takes off de ligt for fucking maguire in a 0-3 loss

still keeps trashford

no one say « oh he just needs time » again for ten hoe
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:33 pm

Frenzy was busy hyping Ineos and celebrating his mercato title belt like a week ago rofl

Back to reality I guess
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next