What were the worst retirements for footballers ever? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

What were the worst retirements for footballers ever?

+3
Warrior
Vibe
Davis
7 posters

Go down

What were the worst retirements for footballers ever? Empty What were the worst retirements for footballers ever?

Post by Davis Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:04 pm

Sometimes footballers will have bad retirements. What are some of the worst final seasons/matches/moments before a footballer retired?

I'd say Zinedine Zandane's has got to be the worst. It coukd have been the perfect retirment, leading France to World Cup glory in his final match. Instead he got himself sent off in the World Cup final (amd his last ever football match) It gets worse when France then go on to lose the match and the World Cup.
Davis
Davis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

What were the worst retirements for footballers ever? Empty Re: What were the worst retirements for footballers ever?

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:44 pm

That was a legendary retirement tbh.

Headbutt Materazzi in the chest in a WC final and never play a second of football again :bow:

Probably the best retirement rather then worst.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

What were the worst retirements for footballers ever? Empty Re: What were the worst retirements for footballers ever?

Post by Warrior Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:39 am

I remember Marchisio's retirement as a long agony, fragilized by injuries and got the bench warmer role, ended up with Zenit playing on cold nights. Probably not anywhere close to the worst retirement but it's the first example that comes to mind.

Fun fact a few years ago i heard on radio about a NFL player, Buffalo Bills i think, retired in the middle of a game Laughing his team was too bad he said fuck it i'm done and never came back

Last edited by Warrior on Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:42 am

Warrior wrote:I remember Marchisio's retirement as a long agony, fragilized by injuries and got the bench warmer role, ended with Zenit playing on cold nights. Probably not anywhere close to the worst retirement but it's the first that comes to mind.

Fun fact a few years ago i heard on radio about a NFL player, Buffalo Bills i think, retired in the middle of a game Laughing his team was too bad he said fuck it i'm done and never came back
lmao I think it mightve been vontae davis? They were getting whooped and he started putting on his street clothes during halftime lmaooo

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:45 am

rofl
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:07 am

Laughing :bow:
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:52 am

that's probably where Antonio Brown got his inspo from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLZhoBEEcDs
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:37 pm

Zidane had one of the best retirements everything considered, unretired from international football; had a legendary tournament and notorious ending in the final.

Worst retirements are those that play much past their glory days and look as a shadow of their former selves, forgetting how great they were.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:36 pm

maybe maradona's (RIP) was the worst, i think it had to do with doping (and no, not usa 94), was an abrupt end too, can't remember his last game. i remember a section of milan fans booed/whistled maldini on his retirement.
ronaldo (r9) also had a bad retirement in brazil, if i'm not mistaken corinthians fans were booing him, can't even remember his last game either. zidane's has to be there if you're talking about worst final match. That image of him just walking past the trophy...a dream retirement turned into a nightmare real quick. romario moving from Qatar to USA to Australia back to Brazil all in a bid to hit the 1000 goal mark like Pele was kinda pathetic for the legend he is. 5 major legends there.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down