BarcaLearning
Myesyats
Firenze
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

EL: Barca vs Man United - Page 4 Empty Re: EL: Barca vs Man United

Post by Myesyats Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:30 pm

It's always nice to win obviously but la liga is infinitely more valuable right now. Nobody would care to add a europa trophy to the cabinet.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:45 pm

I don't know about the importance of the EL trophy for a club like Barcelona, but your young players and coach are already starting to become habitual losers in Europe which does not bode well for future  European campaigns. Two consecutive group stage eliminations + 2 knockout losses against non-league contenders are not encouraging signs for a team that aims to compete for the CL.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:32 pm

Me personally I can never care for europa. I would very much prefer to lose the whole group than tire players out on Thursday night for the champions league's bastard step brother.

That's why I wanted barca still in it, to tire those legs out especially as we are still in the champions league. I would even take the Spanish cup over europa. Europa stands above "super" cups though. I hate those friendli....ur I mean tournaments
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:08 am

Very Happy Man U fans all clearly over the moon to finally get a win over us all these yrs lol... but yea as soon as the team sheet I saw pretty much knew we gonna lose.

No Pedri/Gavi in addition to having Roberto at LW ROFL, what do u expect... I almost preferred Ferran there... also funny how useless Fati has become, shoot on sight merchant very selfish now to the point of taking away Lewands clear chances in numerous games now Very Happy

Anyway, dont hurt much, as others said, n I think its right to prolly just give up Europe for a few seasons n focus on rebuilding... still pretty sure we gonna let Real beat us to the league, its just too good to be true if we can manage it this season over this very good Real lol...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:39 am

I think you'll win the league. Unlike Real Madrid, Barcelona have had a very consistent performance level since Pep was in charge of things. Real Madrid have a tendency to become a different beast in important matches, but their average performance level is probably lower than that of Barcelona these days. I feel more confident that we'll beat the PSGs and Liverpools of European football than the Celta Vigos and Almerías.

The likes of Modric, Kroos and Carvajal are still elite talents with tons of experience, but it makes sense that it's much easier for them to pour all of their ever decreasing stamina into key matches in the Champions League as compared to sustaining a certain level of performance in the league, like they used to do. They clearly don't have the lungs and legs for that anymore. I really hope we bring in a replacement for Carvajal in the summer. As much as I appreciate what he's done for the club, it's frustrating to watch him get toasted by every speedy winger that faces him these days. His decline in pace has turned him into an Achilles heel for us against more athletic teams.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:03 am

Great win and more than the result its the fact that we were largely comfortable against the La Liga leaders over both the legs actually is massively encouraging. All I personally wanted to see this season was progress from the shambles of last season, and we are bloody making that it's now evident.

The only worrying aspect is well ofc the fixture congestion. t Hag is not someone who does not like to loose and hence does not like to rotate and his take that you need to deserve to play and going far in every competition breeds confidence, I mean all that is fine only as long as we get a season ending injury to one of our key players. And rashford was down yesterday in the end pale  I bet he will put a strong team in next week's FA cup game as well.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:48 am

So Lewandowski then huh Laughing there is Karim the dream and then there is Lewa the flat track bully

Utd praising ETH but theyd still win the Ole. Casemiro is the one who has transformed them. They should try to tempt Kroos into not retiring and get him on a free rather than beg fhe mental midget to sign for them again.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:51 am

Martinez has been a huge upgrade over Maguire as well lol. But the moment they seemed to stop playing like shit was immediately after Casemiro started getting regular playing time.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:10 pm

Thimmy wrote:Martinez has been a huge upgrade over Maguire as well lol. But the moment they seemed to stop playing like shit was immediately after Casemiro started getting regular playing time.

Yeaaaaah, Martinez is really a huge upgrade to Maguire and clearly Varane has a better relationship with him.

As for Casemiro, well, he is a world class midfielder so that would have been an immediate upgrade to anyone else Utd have.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:12 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:So Lewandowski then huh Laughing there is Karim the dream and then there is Lewa the flat track bully

Utd praising ETH but theyd still win the Ole. Casemiro is the one who has transformed them. They should try to tempt Kroos into not retiring and get him on a free rather than beg fhe mental midget to sign for them again.

You know, if I were Utd, I would have been pursuing that option big time. Kroos is just 32, very much in his prime as a midfielder and player and actually is having a really good season at Madrid.

Squeeze out a 2-3 years of world class midfielder football from him while keeping an eye out for any future replacements.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:12 am

halamadrid2 wrote:So Lewandowski then huh Laughing there is Karim the dream and then there is Lewa the flat track bully

No way man. We would have gotten absolutely schooled. Even if we somehow manage to pull it off, would have been through a fluke goal or individual effort having 30% possession and 1 shot on target.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:38 pm

What makes this Europa League win even more impressive is that they won despite the curse of Ole still hanging over the club. Good thing Ten Haag brought his holy water and wooden stake from the world tree, otherwise everyone would be fucked hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:56 pm

Barca fans shouldnt give a rats ass about EL

United havent won anything in centuries. Only fitting theyll go crazy over this.

Barca will win La Liga and this will be largely forgotten
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4