Lucifer
Mamad
El Gunner
BarcaLearning
Firenze
52 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

2021/2022 Premier League Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: 2021/2022 Premier League Discussion

Post by Glory Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:31 am

Thimmy wrote:
Glory wrote:Also its now becoming clearer with each game that Ole has done far more damage to this club than Mourinho. Worst of the lot hands down.

Assuming you're somehow right, what do you propose as a solution to fix that peculiar problem? Hire another manager to exorcise the Ole out of this team? hmm

Okay when I posted it, the idea was that I would elaborate if someone cared to quote or reply to it, and I had a pretty good guess that that someone would be you Thimmy lol.

Well Ole is worse than Mourinho simply because, the latter only 'infects' the 'bad' apples, the lazy players aka the Pogba's, the Martial's, the Luke Shaw's, who after a point had refused to cooperate with him outright it seemed.
The rest of the squad were all together and grounded. Only those players caused problems who Mourinho had a biff with. During his last days though, more would have downed tools and wanted him out of the club, like may be Rashford. But that only happened at the very end.

Ole on the other hand, has managed to turn even the 'good ones' bad. May be its not entirely his fault either, may be the higher ups wished him to pamper to their egos and wanted to make them feel good after Jose publicly went hard on them. Whatever it was, well the after effect we can all see now, with regard to what has happened with 2 of our brightest academy talents. Greenwood and Rashford. The former turned into a abusive rapist and the latter is now getting into fights with fans.
I mean, the guy had 0 authority, he was basically calling players, even teenagers by nicknames as if they were his frigging college mates.

His treatment of players was the exact opposite to that of Mourinho. He put each and everyone of them on a pedestal. Made them feel like they could do murder and get away with at this club. I mean all would have made some semblance of sense, had it transpired in a difference in their attitude towards the club. But nothing changed. Pogba and his agent continued shitmouthing the club at every given opportunity. Solskjaer did nothing to stop it.

some more tldr venting:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

2021/2022 Premier League Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: 2021/2022 Premier League Discussion

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:34 am

Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt, there's some serious god of the gaps speculation and mental gymnastics on display in your reasoning.

Look, I really don't care about Ole at this point. If he fades into oblivion, I'm not going to care and I don't think anyone else will either. It's still hard for me ignore it when I go on this forum and read pretentiously insightful claims that someone is arrogant or has poor work ethics or whatever it may be, when I possess knowledge that would suggest otherwise. Some of us are genuinely petty and irresponsible when it comes to making claims like these. We all speculate, but I don't think anything's clear about your claim. From what I can tell, you saw a possible outcome and traced it back to Ole. Rangnick's supposedly as alpha as they come. Why are things getting worse?

I can't be arsed to try and prove someone that they're wrong at this point, but for future reference, you might want to try to confirm whether or not there's any truth to your speculations before you claim something like a single manager causing permanent damage to a club.

I've never appreciated Ole's diplomatic and incredibly boring approach to interviews, but that seems to be a political choice in his case, rather than a direct reflection of how he manages his players. I'd be more inclined to agree with your claim if his past management decisions were in line with your speculations. I've already mentioned several times how transfer decisions for the majority of top clubs are made, but I get the impression that people want to believe that the manager can just pick and choose the players he wants. The game seems more comprehensible and exciting if you take out the hierarchy and business side of things, I guess.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:03 pm

As I said, Solskjaer might not bear the full brunt of all the issues; like signing the wrong players for obscene amounts. Of course the transfers could be vouched and will be greenlit by his superiors.

Its true, there's a complete lack of planning at United when it comes to almost everything. We are the masters at messing up things. Overpaying, underselling, insane contract renewals, dithering on transfers, picking wrong clubs to loan youth players. One of the worst managed top flight clubs. I agree with all that. See, I am not talking about the extent of involvement of Ole in all that. He could be involved in some, coudnt be in other.

But the fact that he commanded 0 authority and accountability that comes with being the manager of Manchester United football club, for me that's a far greater problem than being a control freak and a cnut like Mourinho. Ole was no more than a glorified cheerleader and yes man.
He bought Ronaldo and messed up whatever good he did until then when SAF told him to do so. He might have known he has no chance in managing a personality like Cr7, yet he did it, cos obviously he didnt want to displease his employers and his mentor.
He bought Daniel James cos his mate Giggsy told him to do so.

If you cant see a problem in all that, I dont know dude.

And when he came in, there was a talk of something like a 'cultural reset', which was basically buying overhyped English players, whatever they cost, which wasnt something we used to do until then under Mourinho or the others. If it wasn't Ole trying to change our transfer ways, then I dont know, what that was.

I mean I liked him, I really did until the very end in fact. But I was late in seeing the light. He was a guy who found himself in the hotseat of the one of the biggest clubs in the world, by mere fluke. All he wanted to do was remain there as long as possible. Looking back, with a lot more objectivity, all I can see is a coward trying his hard to save his job, such was his actions and decisions.

Had he had any sort of commitment and passion to the club, he could have dealt a lot of things differently, he didnt. He could have asked the board to bring in some actual coaches who had some knowhow about tactics like how SAF used to do. He didnt. The players obviously were fond of him, players like Rashford, cos they knew he had brought down the standards so low that minimum effort would get maximum reward under him.
So, no wonder they are trying to revolt and leak information and all now that an actual football coach is trying to implement a system and asking them to work hard.

It may be mental gymnastics on my part somewhat, trying to connect dots, but unless you cannot prove me otherwise, sorry I would go on with this, because this club wasnt in this sort of disarray and needed this kind of rebuild even after Mourinho's disastrous tenure.

And re: Rangnick, of course he is struggling. What were you expecting. Here's an interim coach appointed for 6 months, who is walking into the midst of a bunch of entitled assholes who's only tactical instruction until then was go out and enjoy. It will take atleast one full season to turn this group of players around, and even that can only be achieved if a lot of cnuts fuck off elsewhere.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:14 am

Its astonishing how out of sync Liverpool attackers in the final third.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:18 am

Chelsea getting smashed by Brentford at home, whew.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:54 am

Firenze wrote:Chelsea getting smashed by Brentford at home, whew.

I would say they were preparing for Madrid but this is an almost full strength team. I say almost because Lukaku is there...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:51 am

Tuchel purposely losing at home to dupe Madrid into thinking they are trash :bow:

The loss will not affect them in the slightest because they will continue to stay third regardless of what Arsenal does, but it will tempt Carlo into choosing KCM and make Madrid more complacent ahead of the tie.

#StrokeOfGenius
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:30 pm

boring boring man united
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:25 pm

Firenze wrote:boring boring man united

So... Zeedane or Ten Hog?
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:38 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Firenze wrote:boring boring man united

So... Zeedane or Ten Hog?

My kudo replacing the facebook like for your new profile pic myeyes
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:36 am

5 months at barca and tshavi already lost for hair, stressful job innit
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:40 pm

Erik Ten Hag it looks like

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:46 pm

I don't know much about him. Is he a hipster coach like Nagelsmann?

Coaching Ajax kids is one thing, coaching a club with huge expectations and a misfunctioning wannabe squad is another.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:00 pm

basically confirmed now

he seems very highly rated by ppl with better footballing knowledge than me

happy its him over poch
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:06 pm

Dont know much about apart from the fact that his Ajax side plays beautiful football at times. Now whether the can translate that and bring success into our circus of a club with a bunch of petulant cnuts remains to be seen. He needs to be given full control which I dont think will happen at 'mates fc'. Cautiously optimistic.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:24 pm

Lol he will flop so badly
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:02 pm

Everton has to be one of the worst run club in the world. Half a billion spent in the lats 10-20 years and are about to be relegated

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:40 pm

Firenze wrote:basically confirmed now

he seems very highly rated by ppl with better footballing knowledge than me

happy its him over poch

Elanga, Ronaldo, Wan Bissaka, McTominay, Shaw and Fernandes trying to play one touch football, Ten Hag is gone by September
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:57 pm

Plays modern football like Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, and Conte. He’s definitely a better tactician than Poch. I think he’s less experimental than someone like Naglesmann though.

Either way going from the best team in the Netherlands to a struggling elite club in England is a big difference. Even if he’s a good coach with nice ideas we all know managing a big club has a lot more involved.

Rangnick mentioned the other day that the difference between City and Pool versus United is they backed one manager and made signings to suit his vision year after year.

That’s what they need to do now. Ten Haag uses that 2-3-5/3-2-5 that all elite coaches use now. I’m not worried about the system. United will learn to be protagonists than just a counter attacking team now. Man management and board backing are the most important things moving forward.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:06 am

There were reports that a few of the players 'prefer' Pochettino. Those are the same players who should be shown the door first if Ten Hag comes. The board needs to trust him fully and give time even if it means taking some hard decisions. And fans, I see people still asking for Haaland and Bellingham. Sigh, when will they learn. Always looking for shortcuts to success. :facepalm:

If this club wants to get to the top ever again, it needs to be humble, start from the scratch, one step at a time. In Ten Hag, if he arrives that is (I still have doubt, cos its United), we will have a proper coach for once. Now whether these idiots want to make the most of that privilege, its upto them.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:00 pm

One of the obligatory biggest games this season as Liverpool again try to challenge the always best in class money driven City. The last time it happened, Livepool beat City with Hendo being sent off but messed up the following games after allowing them to win by 2 points and the other time these went head to head, a 10 game unbeaten run from Klopp's Liverpool since the start of March was only enough to lose the title by 1 point (which they covered the next time winning it by a mile).

That said, this game. Either LFC go 2 points clear with horrible fixtures to come, draw and the 1 point gap remains with LFC's fixtures or lose with City going 4 points clear. What I know is that it is probably not over regardless of the result but City seem to edge on paper irrelevant of a Liverpool result. I can only be proud of this LFC team indifferent of what happens in the near future as I have never seen anything like this in my 18 years of supporting Liverpool.

Enjoy the weekend and this massive moment, I'll just go try to build a temple for Jurgen fucking Klopp to even allow us to be a part of a story like this.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:36 am

For me the City-Pool 2019 match at the Etihad was the greatest match I’ve seen. The intensity and tactical level were something else.

I think this upcoming match can top it though. Both teams are better tactically compared to then, and fighting for the title in April compared to February should raise the stakes even more. It might go down as the GOAT match.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:45 am

inb4 cagey 0-0
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:06 am

Utd 1-0 down in a very even game so far. DDG unlucky with the deflection
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:32 am

Never before I despised United players like I despise this current crop. Absolute cnuts. Its really really hard to support some of them.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:01 am

Rashford with a 0/10 performance my God what a beta
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next