What do you miss the most about pre-Pandemic days?

+7
VivaStPauli
Robespierre
Myesyats
Thimmy
Warrior
El Gunner
Zagadka
11 posters

Go down

What do you miss the most about pre-Pandemic days? Empty What do you miss the most about pre-Pandemic days?

Post by Zagadka Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:41 am

I was just browsing through my insta, and I know we love to give a lot of shit to social media, but if used correctly, it's a true journey of human life...

Pandemic hasn't affected my personal travel life, since I've lived in 5 countries since March 2020 (Poland, Ukraine, Canada, US and Russia) and also been to Mexico meanwhile...Pandemic resulted in me MEETING my ex-girlfriend (probably the strongest love I've ever felt) and also resulted in our break-up (due to Pandemic restrictions)...Pandemic has made me lose 10 family or family friends that I knew far or close....destroyed the industry I used to work in (Travel & Tourism industry) but also prompted me to start a new tech-start up finally taking off at Gift World (where you will soon be able to send gifts to your families, colleagues and friends)...but fuck, 2019 seems so far away

for me, taking away the tragic toll of it all, I miss spontaneous travel. pre-travel covid tests, the whole hassle, the cash-cow test scheme ($200 for a pre-travel covid test in Canada)...and just the reduced global connectivity ... as a Iranian/Canadian now, under ZERO circumstances I'm allowed to enter Russia now for example (except footballing reasons like Euro 2020 and the upcoming CL Final in 2022 for example) that ended my last relationship....fact that the thrill of travel is gone, the ever changing rules, the uncertainty whether pre-2020 life is even possible...it hurts me.

I'm curious to see how you bros/sisters feel and what do YOU miss the most about the pre-Feb 2020 life and world?

feel free to vent out...
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

What do you miss the most about pre-Pandemic days? Empty Re: What do you miss the most about pre-Pandemic days?

Post by El Gunner Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:47 am

just a semblance of sanity in humanity, as well as hope for a better tomorrow in terms of our governments and overall social lives - that's what i'm missing the most. It's true, 2019 feels like a long-lost parallel universe.

Personally my life would pretty much still be the same regardless (between school-work-home life) as some of us aren't as privileged enough to travel a lot as you... my social life, team-sport life, love life and sex life has drastically plummeted to non-existent though... however that's more due to me not being in school anymore than pandemic-related
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

What do you miss the most about pre-Pandemic days? Empty Re: What do you miss the most about pre-Pandemic days?

Post by El Gunner Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:24 am

just came across this smart think-piece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqJQvJ7i7Ek
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:02 pm

El Gunner wrote:just a semblance of sanity in humanity, as well as hope for a better tomorrow in terms of our governments and overall social lives - that's what i'm missing the most. It's true, 2019 feels like a long-lost parallel universe.

Personally my life would pretty much still be the same regardless (between school-work-home life) as some of us aren't as privileged enough to travel a lot as you... my social life, team-sport life, love life and sex life has drastically plummeted to non-existent though... however that's more due to me not being in school anymore than pandemic-related

You're right...really the semblance of having nauced opinions and take is even more gone...everything is even more black or white.

We're literally walking into a tiered society .... today I went to food court of a shopping mall and they had taken out all the tables, so the unvaxxed can't eat at food courts (for individual restaurants now you need a vaxx pass).

another thing...Masks. god I hate those bastards. I know some people say it's a small inconvenience, but they are really annoying. One of my biggest hobbiest used to be going to a bookstore, strolling around for half hour, picking up a book and reading some of it at tables of the bookstore....now the tables are taken out, no place to sit, and you have to wear that mask all the time, which means "strolling" indoors really isn't strolling anymore.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:02 pm

My closest ones have not caught covid and my social life is the same. I chilled all summer lol the beach, the barbecues, playing ball, playing golf etc.

It just sucks to have masks although i don't make a big deal about it

I have some nostalgia of the very first months of the pandemic when the measures were the most severe. March and april 2020. Back then i was working the night shift as essential worker i'd deliver the heavy parts to car dealerships around town. Most of them were closed so it took me 3 hours to finish my usual run but the company was forced to pay a minimum of 8 hours Laughing i was at home gaming and smoking joints while getting paid for hours. More so it was the feeling of being ALONE in my city, driving my truck on the highway and not a single car around, in the streets taking all the space i need, nobody in sight, a strange vibe that i probably never experience again

Funny to think Rudy Gobert getting covid is what made everything go to shit. The avalanche effect that night was surreal: everything is closed, everything is cancelled, no school tomorrow and lockdown. It was like hearing about apocalypse on radio but everything seems normal IRL. Crazy stuff
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:49 pm

Norway's officially returning to pre-pandemic status on saturday at 4pm. To be perfectly honest, this pandemic has felt quite short-lived. The 2-week lockdown we had here felt really strange and isolating, and seeing people wear facemasks everywhere, quickly became tiresome. Gyms, festivals, night clubs, cinemas and public swimming halls were closed down in 2020, but everything's been relatively normal since then.

The vast majority of people stopped wearing masks here just after the turn of the year, and music festivals+football matches are pretty much the only things I can think of that's felt restricted this year. That said, I will miss spontaneous traveling. I imagine we still have some way to go in that regard, since different countries have different restrictions and regulations now.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:08 pm

Theres mask requirements everywhere for indoor activities here but nobody wears them anyway anymore

I miss some things but at least people started to wash hands frequently. I'm not a fan of hand-shaking, large crowds so in many ways it's a positive experience, trying to look at the bright side since everyone is so pessimistic about this whole ordeal Very Happy

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:05 pm

Banal answer but masks
honestly I am not used to watch ppl to cover up some parts(no offence for Islamic posters, but for example  in my Western eyes women with viel is a "distorted" view. With due proportion, I still suffer to see us with masks)
yes for example I miss when you could watch a girl without mask on
or this obligation to wear mask inside, or taking with you mask whenever you go out at home. It's became one of most indispensable things . ...I ' m going out and ffs I must come back, I was forgetting mask . you can't live without it. it's became a bond.
Especially it doesn't help my feeling that I feel sometimes that we 'll wear masks forever.
can you image a day where we ' ll stop suddenly to wear ? Frankly I can't .
Let's be clear, i am not polemicizing about masks, I consider it normal and right to wear it in a pandemic situation, and yes, despite vaccine and in encloced places, but I miss when I watched Thailand on tv and I watched ppl who wore masks due to smog !
It's a view who impressed me, I couldn't image it would have been about us soon.
Having said that, for pity's sake, a year ago we were much worse , I couldn't image to be vaccinated and to see again the most relevant re-opening, the feeling is that "worst is over" , but exactly now where it is not all black or white, but grey , you reflect more clearly on what you miss.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:41 pm

I second that. I do wear my mask, and I think it's an important part of prevention, but I also miss seing people's whole faces.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:45 pm

Freedom to just go with out too much precautions. Our economy is done and there is hardly anyone on the streets now days.

I feel bad for the common man and the poor. It affected me personally too as my european masters is gonna get delayed. I should have been in Europe by now.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:45 pm

Sorry for being a debby downer in this pretty party here but I hate wearing masks, following lockdowns etc but in my country and my circle fortunately unlike yours as it seems, most people I know have lost young family, relatives, friends to Covid. So I miss speaking to my friends who I have lost recently and speaking normally without bounds to people who are still suffering from PTSD of losing their loved ones from a virus that bounced off 4 countries to get to ours. The 450k deaths is not even 10% the actual number of people who died in India through Covid.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:03 am

Not much has changed in Denmark. 2-3 months of lockdown in 2020 & 2021. Other than that it’s pretty much back to pre 2020.

Haven’t used a mask since april, travelled a lot, socialize etc.

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:47 pm

Zagadka wow sounds like a full life u living and its very nice Thumbs up

I dont know too much, but definitely agree, covid has affected everyone so much. A bit of perspective though that u guys in the western world are quite lucky already in comparison that its not as strict n large still have more choice on things? As u said Russia the rules are so strict for entry? Where I am everybody are so obedient and wears the masks mostly which I cant stand, n I still avoid it whenever I can.

The borders and travelling virtually stopped is just a pain, and killing our livelihoods. I think its fair to say for large parts of the world retail is largely dead apart from eateries which are also much affected, n products are n will just become more n more online. Hence I also miss the days of just strolling around loads of all kinds of shops n malls, n relatively cheap vast variety of food choices.

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down