Are you for or against?

ESL Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%ESL Poll - Page 3 Voting_bar 24% 
[ 12 ]
ESL Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap76%ESL Poll - Page 3 Voting_bar 76% 
[ 37 ]

Total Votes : 49

ESL Poll - Page 3 Empty Re: ESL Poll

Post by Doc Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:01 pm

Totally against it but I'm also against racism and discrimination in football and guess what is not going away anytime soon (or ever).

Curious to see how this is gonna pan out though.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:02 pm

Freeza wrote:
Didn't know UEFA was a non-profit charity, guess I'll have to educate myself.

Imagine thinking UEFA is a benevolent organization that has people's interests at its heart.

Such a shame some people buy into establishment propaganda so easily.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:03 pm

Freeza wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
And is there anyone who thinks this will be good for the quality of games?

NBA fans here, right?
Games, games, games,with no meaning, no training, no sense of team identity and no sense of team play, only megastars showing up in the final quarter after three quarters of absolute random BS.

That'S what football will be like.
Well done, capitalist scum.

Your argument is that football will be as entertaining as the NBA? Sign me the fuck up lol. It's by far the most entertaining sport out there because of how it's set up.

Centralising talent is something I'm all for.

Capitalist scum too? lol..

I'll see you drama queens in the Super League next year Molenation

You  won't see me.

And in what words would you describe JP Morgan Chase, yourself, then?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:41 pm

NBA more entertaining? What world are you living in?

The game is a mess. Most of the regular season is fodder, half the teams resort to tanking 75% of the way in. Then, because they play so many games they dont practice and all the games decend into a 3 point shooting contest until the last 5 minutes when the 1 or 2 star names play hero ball. The NBA as a game, is the worst its been my entire life, despite it being far more loaded with talent then any time in history.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:49 pm

The Franchise wrote:NBA more entertaining? What world are you living in?

The game is a mess. Most of the regular season is fodder, half the teams resort to tanking 75% of the way in. Then, because they play so many games they dont practice and all the games decend into a 3 point shooting contest until the last 5 minutes when the 1 or 2 star names play hero ball. The NBA as a game, is the worst its been my entire life, despite it being far more loaded with talent then any time in history.

The reality? You're telling me you'd rather watch a game like Getafe - Madrid than any NBA game?

I'm not blinded by nostalgia. Going back and looking at early 2000's games is painful.

The only problem with entertainment in the NBA is commercials and timeouts, which is more of an American problem than a sports one.

People don't like anything changing anyways. There's always these outcries whenever something happens.

Inclusion of a three point line in basketball, new offside rules, no more playing it back to the GK etc.

All the people against a Super League, what would you realistically do in order to save clubs financially and improve the quality of play while also making games affordable?

Staying the same as always isn't anything.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:55 pm

Pedram wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Imagine thinking UEFA is a benevolent organization that has people's interests at its heart.

Such a shame some people buy into establishment propaganda so easily.

Nobody ever claimed that....
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:05 pm

What on earth are you comparing to?

Why would Getafe and Madrid be the comparison? Explain that one to me because I dont get it. But to answer, I would rather watch Madrid v Getafe play than Detroit vs the Lakers. But what are we comparing for?

Its nothing to do with nostalgia, the games were better because they were more varied. You going back to the iso era which got a lot of criticism, but its interesting you didnt go back to the Lakers triangle offence or the Kings princetown offence. See how that works?

Its nothing to do with not liking change, dont try and break this down into something so simplistic. I am old enough to remember the English league before the PL and the European cup before the CL..change isnt the issue, the issue is changes which make things worse. Those changes made things better, so while there was some backlash at the time, it became rather clear those changes were for the good.

save clubs financially?

How about stop blowing money on shit transfers and astronomical wages? How about working within your means? Other clubs manage it just fine, but no, not Barca, Madrid and so on and now they come crying looking for resolutions.

Improve the quality of play? Yeah, because Inter v Milan season after season in the super league is so much better than PSG v Bayern.

Staying the same? Yeah, make some changes where required, make some suggestions but make good changes which benefit everyone. This is not it.

And to even pretend this is done for anything related to footballing reasons is disingenuous and a waste of time. This is a money and power grab and nothing more. This has nothing to do with the improvement of football.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:13 pm

Don't care. When Covid started and fans were banned from stadiums I already lost interest in football. Watched 1 Barca game all season, did not even realise they won the Copa del Rey recently until YouTube front page suggested it to me.

Football was already on a steep decline. Look at the state of international football. Extended participants from 16 to 24 and plans to make it 32 where countries like Israel are supposed to take part. It used to be a competition that sporting-wise was worth more than the World Cup. There was no bullshiting your way through to the finals against Poland and Wales.

The introduction of this weird UEFA Nations League that no one cares about.

A "Super" League with Spurs and Arsenal in it is the logical evolution of it all with a bunch of new generation TikTok celebrity footballers.

Football was headed this way long time ago. Everything that makes huge money will be squeezed to death. Stadiums will also turn into part shopping malls/hotels in the near future.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:31 pm

futbol wrote:Football was headed this way long time ago. Everything that makes huge money will be squeezed to death. Stadiums will also turn into part shopping malls/hotels in the near future.

Fuck don't give them any ideas!!! You're so right though. The tik-tok generation is a waste of space. smh
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:04 pm

Curiosity : looking at ESL club forums on web

majority of  Real Madrid fans  - favorable
of Juve fans - favorable
of Milan fans - favorable
of Inter fans - against
of Barca fans - against
of EVERY English teams - against ( City fans are 94 % against it ! )
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:12 pm

Robespierre wrote:Curiosity : looking at ESL club forums on web

of Juve fans - favorable
of Inter fans - against
of Barca fans - against

Confirms what I already thought of certain fanbases!!
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:43 pm

of Juve fans - favorable
of Inter fans - against
of Barca fans - against

Looks like it's a fascist plan for fascist clubs
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:46 pm

Perez started it and Real fans dont care much apart from their stars.

Juve are friends with Perez as they paid happily for Ronaldo for example. Fans prolly seeing the state of their team atm and want anything to save their declining era.

Milan must be over the moon knowing how they got into the 12 team slot lol, so should their fans.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:53 pm

Yeah, the Madrid fans that are against it are very much in the minority. Interesting...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:04 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Perez started it and Real fans dont care much apart from their stars.

Juve are friends with Perez as they paid happily for Ronaldo for example. Fans prolly seeing the state of their team atm and want anything to save their declining era.

Milan must be over the moon knowing how they got into the 12 team slot lol, so should their fans.

The club you support is currently supporting this without a single fuck given to the fans that are against it.

Perez & Laporta are holding hands on this one.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:06 pm

of Juve fans - favorable
of Inter fans - against
of Barca fans - against

ESL forums? Forums have like 40 votes either way no
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:08 pm

As if Laporta had any choices, the club is 1b in debt thanks to Fartemeu
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:57 pm

Nishankly wrote:

of Juve fans - favorable
of Inter fans - against
of Barca fans - against

ESL forums? Forums have like 40 votes either way no

forum of clubs who are within ESL.

We are ESL fans now Sad
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:09 pm

I logged in on GL in 2013,  unusual thing for an Italian poster but I like it.
It sounded interesting to talk with poster from every world, even if my club  have Not played against the most number of teams here...
I didn't think that we would have partecipate soon on same league . Exciting thought ? Just apparently.  it's ephemeral charm.
Superlega are some immense skyscrapers but without heart.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:12 pm

of Juve fans - favorable
of Inter fans - against
of Barca fans - against

Juve fans are favorable where ? On juventuz Laughing

What i can tell by experience, the moral aspect is not even considered. All they see is we are up top and that's fine. Me i feel ashamed, that we cannot win Champions League, so our owner creates another exclusive league as founder. Fuck off

Agnelli lost his mind since 2017. It started with JJ logo, right there you knew he cares only to turn the club into a marketable franchise first and foremost. Proof: only Ronaldo matters. Look at the rest of the squad, it is unworthy of wearing bianconero. Beppe out, midfield depleted, in the shits for squad finances... who cares anymore ? The fans
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:29 pm

Warrior wrote:

of Juve fans - favorable
of Inter fans - against
of Barca fans - against

Juve fans are favorable where ? On juventuz Laughing

What i can tell by experience, the moral aspect is not even considered. All they see is we are up top and that's fine. Me i feel ashamed, that we cannot win Champions League, so our owner creates another exclusive league as founder. Fuck off

Agnelli lost his mind since 2017. It started with JJ logo, right there you knew he cares only to turn the club into a marketable franchise first and foremost. Proof: only Ronaldo matters. Look at the rest of the squad, it is unworthy of wearing bianconero. Beppe out, midfield depleted, in the shits for squad finances... who cares anymore ? The fans

I don't t know Juventuz but on the biggest Italian Juve forum (named Vecchiasignora) 74% (!)  are in favour of Superleague

i believe it's similar on the foreign forum. If I remember correctly, Rincon (he ' s hostile to Super League, such as you) said it
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:33 pm

Luca, Rincon, S and myself are the J-council. We care for ambition but we are not blinded by it. Adun is textbook juventuz poster. Which is fine because he brings another perspective here.

Agnelli being Perez yorkshire dog in this whole ESL stuff is an image i cannot erase from my mind.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:34 pm

Juve fan base isn’t the best bunch tbh. Especially post-Ronaldo, so I wouldn’t be surprised. Agnelli is a name that no Juventus fan really goes against so it’s already been rationalized sadly

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:35 pm

I voted against.

My parents weren't even born the last time Spurs or Atleti won a CL-equivalent continental title, Man City and Chelsea were irrelevant just 15 and 20 years ago respectively before they got sugar daddies. Arsenal hasn't won anything of note continentally in over 25 years, pre-CL. No Italian club has won the CL since Inter last did it in 2010 and they haven't even been out of their group since 2011.

What gives any of these clubs any right to declare they are better than everyone else? Money? Favorable TV deals? Owning their own stadiums? Sugar daddy owners? The arrogance astounds me.

As an American sports fan, I feel like I somewhat know the direction this ESL will go in. I'm a Detroit Lions fan. I became one the season they lost all 16 of their games. My rationale was "They can't go anywhere from here, but up." And yet they were not punished for such a blatant failure to compete. They were instead rewarded with favorable draft picks and they recovered to at least mediocrity. And that's all they've ever been since. They have not been a truly competitive team since the heydey of Deion Sanders. They have not won a playoff game in 29 years. Why should continual mediocrity like that be rewarded year after year?

This is why I have to chuckle when I keep hearing that a closed league breeds competition. Perhaps at the top, but not all around.

Make no mistake, there will be a Detroit Lions of the ESL. My money is on Spurs.

Roma have indicated they won't join, but I am skeptical of that and will remain so. Money talks.

UEFA and FIFA and many of the leagues these teams are coming from are NOT the aggrieved parties here, no matter how strongly they word their statements. They allowed this imbalance to begin with. It was entirely within their collective power to fix this problem before it reached the critical mass we've seen thus far. They failed, due to their own arrogance, and this is the result. The only aggrieved parties here are the fans of smaller clubs who are going to collectively lose out here due to the impotence of the governing bodies and the greed of the richest clubs at the top. And whatever happens to these men's teams, be sure that it will affect the women's teams 2-fold, many of which are only just starting to emerge and build consistency themselves.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:37 pm

Doc wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Perez started it and Real fans dont care much apart from their stars.

The club you support is currently supporting this without a single fuck given to the fans that are against it.

Perez & Laporta are holding hands on this one.

Bartomeu signed the contract before Laporta was even considering running in elections.... Besides as @Pedram said there is not much they can do, Barca is 1bn in debt so they literally cannot turn something like this down.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:57 pm

I don't know what a juventuz poster is, I never went or would go on a site with such a terrible name. From the chats that I'm in, my perception is that the Italian fans are for a SL because they have a disdain for the rest of league because they feel that clowns like Preziosi, Lotito etc have held the league (and Juventus) back with their antics. There's also no love lost for the shit that was pulled in 2006, so there's a certain desire to go out the door with a big "fuck you"
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next