M99
zizzle
Raptorgunner
KMD
Ali
40 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by dmize Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:22 am

ali8775 wrote:http://jaipals.com/the-10-greatest-mixtapes-of-all-time/
Hell, Google top 10 mixtapes of all time and get me a list without fif in it

50 Cent Is the Future
No Mercy, No Fear
God's Plan
Elephant In The Sand
War Angel
Forever King
Sincerely Yours, Southside
Guess Who's Back

You guys can't find the difference between stannery and hatred. All love for my GL fam though haha

I don't rely on google to tell me which mixtapes are good.

And stannery/stanning = being a fanboy of an artist not hatred(ie. Eminem's Stan)

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Ali Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:26 am

dmize wrote:

50 Cent Is the Future
No Mercy, No Fear
God's Plan
Elephant In The Sand
War Angel
Forever King
Guess Who's Back

You guys can't find the difference between stannery and hatred. All love for my GL fam though haha

And stannery/stanning = being a fanboy of an artist not hatred(ie. Eminem's Stan)

It's not me being a fanboy, ya'll are just being haters (That's what I meant) .
It's not Google, it's a widespread critical opinion, Google is just the method to get them lol

Government *bleep* Cs life up http://allhiphop.com/2011/12/29/c-murder-conviction-notice-upheld/

boy was dope too.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:31 am

No Mood Muzik, no party :coffee:

I don't really care what Google thinks about mixtapes, those are just other peoples opinion's. There are so many good mixtapes, I'm not going to bother trying to make a top 10. My boy and I agreed that 50 definitely held down the mixtape game for some time, I can't really speak on his most recent work.

You should already know where most of us stand on 50 and I'd say you have trouble looking at 50 without being biased. You're definitely a 50 stan, the dude can do no wrong in your eyes. Budden is one of my favorite rappers, I'll admit when he's not meeting my expectations.

dmize wrote:

:bow: dmize :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:32 am

ali8775 wrote:
dmize wrote:

50 Cent Is the Future
No Mercy, No Fear
God's Plan
Elephant In The Sand
War Angel
Forever King
Guess Who's Back

It's not Google, it's a widespread critical opinion, Google is just the method to get them lol

Government *bleep* Cs life up http://allhiphop.com/2011/12/29/c-murder-conviction-notice-upheld/

boy was dope too.

How is this 50 hatred? I've mentioned the releases I liked just now and in the past, but I've never been a fan of his work post 2005. On his mixtapes, find me somewhere that quotes all of his mixtapes are classics (or even close to). It is your opinion, but it certainly doesn't represent the majority.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:32 am

Lil Wayne

Dedication
Dedication 2
The Suffix
The Prefix
No Ceilings
Drought 3
Carter 3 Sessions

Game

Brake Lights
Hoodmorning
YKWII 2
YKWII 3
YKWII 4
SSSL
Ghost Unit
BWS Journal Vol. 1
Purp & Patron
Red Room

Young Jeezy

Trap or Die(contender for best mixtape ever)
Trap or Die 2
Can't Ban the Snowman
Trappin' Aint Dead
I Am The Street Dream
Prime Minister
The Lost Tapes
Streetz is Watching
The Real is Back

Joe Budden

MM
MM 2
MM 3
MM 4
MM 4.5
Escape Route
Padded Room
Halfway House

Trap or Die is probably the best mixtape. But Game imo has the best mixtape catalog.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:35 am

*Sigh* It's all opinion in the end so I'm not gonna carry on here.

But I did say 50 did bad , you can choose to say if I'm stanning but I disagree and we'll need to conclude at that.

I don't really care what Google thinks about mixtapes, those are just other peoples opinion's. There are so many good mixtapes, I'm not going to bother trying to make a top 10. My boy and I agreed that 50 definitely held down the mixtape game for some time, I can't really speak on his most recent work.

FFS guys quit twisting my words lol I'm not telling you to base your opinions off googles but the critical response in general is that 50 has one hell of a catalog
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:36 am

ali8775 wrote:

boy was dope too.

So now we're haters because we don't share the same opinion :palmface:

Ali, I used to think very highly of you, now I'm starting to question my initial impression...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:39 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

boy was dope too.

Ali, I used to think very highly of you, now I'm starting to question my initial impression...

No, but I'm a stan for having the opposite one apparently.

You guys react very aggressively against shit you don't like/don't agree with. Makes it really hard to post here and spread variety man, I feel unwelcome !

If you're going to change how you think of me because of music opinions well damn lol
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:55 am

ali8775 wrote:
TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

boy was dope too.

You guys react very aggressively against shit you don't like/don't agree with. Makes it really hard to post here and spread variety man, I feel unwelcome !

If you're going to change how you think of me because of music opinions well damn lol

I'm open to discussion and always have been. You are not unwelcome, but it's more or less the push of your opinions as if they are fact which triggers a lot of problems. Even when things are not concrete, there is still a level of acceptance which is hard to argue against without coming off as a little ignorant.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:56 am

ali8775 wrote:*Sigh* It's all opinion in the end so I'm not gonna carry on here.

But I did say 50 did bad , you can choose to say if I'm stanning but I disagree and we'll need to conclude at that.

FFS guys quit twisting my words lol I'm not telling you to base your opinions off googles but the critical response in general is that 50 has one hell of a catalog

I think we understand that it's not Google making these selections and nobody is twisting your words. You're the poster who didn't bother to read our post's when we were having a debate on 50. It's like you get ultra sensitive when 50 comes up. You were just trying to call us haters, are we not allowed to have our own opinions?

ali8775 wrote:No, but I'm a stan for having the opposite one apparently.

I consider you a stan because I feel like you'll blindly follow 50 and you seem to think he can do no wrong. I didn't feel we were being aggressive and if anything you put us on the defensive by calling us haters.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:58 am

ali8775 wrote:
TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

boy was dope too.

Didn't mean to come off aggressive, but I'm just trying to say that while 50 Cent has good mixtapes, it's hard to say he has the best catalog ever.

Btw the word stan isn't disrespectful; it's a word used for someone who's biased towards their favorite artist. You could probably say I'm a Cam'ron stan as I think he's better than a lot of people will list him as.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:08 am

dmize wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

boy was dope too.

Didn't mean to come off aggressive, but I'm just trying to say that while 50 Cent has good mixtapes, it's hard to say he has the best catalog ever.

Btw the word stan isn't disrespectful; it's a word used for someone who's biased towards their favorite artist. You could probably say I'm a Cam'ron stan.

It's safe to say we all have artists we favor over others:

Myself - Nas
Ali - 50
THC - Budden
Izzy - Styles P
Dmize - Cam'ron / Game

We have all been critical at some point, so at least none of us are stans at their worst.

BTW, what did you think of "Boss of all Bosses 3"? I can't remember an opinion on it.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:11 am

adnyana179 wrote:
dmize wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

boy was dope too.

Btw the word stan isn't disrespectful; it's a word used for someone who's biased towards their favorite artist. You could probably say I'm a Cam'ron stan.

Myself - Nas
Ali - 50
THC - Budden
Izzy - Styles P
Dmize - Cam'ron / Game

We have all been critical at some point, so at least none of us are stans at their worst.

BTW, what did you think of "Boss of all Bosses 3"? I can't remember an opinion on it.

I've only listened to like the first 5 tracks so I can't make a full opinion but so far it's better than 2.8.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:14 am

Smoke DZA dropped a holiday tape a few days ago too. I like what I've heard from it.

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 35 Smoke

^lol
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:15 am

adnyana179 wrote:

Myself - Nas
Ali - 50
THC - Budden
Izzy - Styles P
Dmize - Cam'ron / Game

Don't let Styles see that. I actually got into Styles a few more months before Budden (A Gangsta and a Gentlemen), at that time I didn't even know what a dutch was but I still understood that Styles was the hardest out. But overtime it became: 1a Budden 1b Styles.

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:59 am

One of the more anticipated albums that dropped this year. I posted a few tracks on the old forum, but I think it was only myself and THC back then.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:30 pm

I agree with what's being said. 50 cent "revolutionised" the rap game.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:12 pm

We're taking it back to the days, where wack *bleep* used to get thrown off stage ... - Immortal
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:08 pm

Gladiator wrote:I agree with what's being said. 50 cent "revolutionized" the mixtape game.

I don't believe anyone claimed that he revolutionized the rap game. Have you even read the previous posts? 50 had some nice mixtapes (I won't deny that much), but so did a bunch of other artists, yet ya still look to give 50 most if not all the credit.

:facepalm:

Last edited by TetraHydroC 10 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:34 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
Gladiator wrote:I agree with what's being said. 50 cent "revolutionized" the mixtape game.

I don't believe anyone claimed that he revolutionized the rap game. Have you even read the previous posts? 50 had some nice mixtapes (I won't deny that much), but so did a bunch of other artists, yet ya still look to give 50 most if not all the credit.

:palmface:

I didn't say anyone claimed that, lol. I said I agree with what's being said and I added another point, my own point, stop fishing.

Just LOL.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Would you mind explaining why you feel this way?

What makes you think he revolutionized the rap game?

Gladiator wrote:I agree with what's being said. 50 cent "revolutionised" the rap game.

So what exactly are you agreeing to?

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:39 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:Would you mind explaining why you feel this way?

What makes you think he revolutionized the rap game?

Gladiator wrote:I agree with what's being said. 50 cent "revolutionised" the rap game.

So what exactly are you agreeing to?

I was agreeing with what's being said, is it that hard a concept for your brain to comprehend? Do you fathom what I was trying to make apparent for you? Oh, nope. And no way, you're right, 50 cent didn't do anything, yep, he's mediocre...

lol
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:41 pm

1. The Roots - Undun

The album is amazing. I like how they inverted the story from death to birth. I've never listened to an album with the same concept, which shows the originality. I loved how they tried to give us an in depth view of the mentality of a hustler (why they do what they do). Black Thought is one of the most underrated rappers ever. He'll never get the recognition he fully deserves. I seem to think that every time they release a new album that it's going to sound poor compared to the previous album, that they are going to degrade in quality, but it's the complete opposite. As opposed to my poorly fabricated belief, they evolve; they simply get better and better. They are a breath of fresh air. I actually tried my hardest to look for a flaw, but I can't find any. By far, album of the year.

2. Kendrick Lamart - Section.80

There is so much talent. I love the lyricism, the flow, the messages, how his tone and cadence sits on the beat perfectly, just everything really. One of the stand-out lyrics: ""Wicked as eighty reverends in a pool of fire wit’ devils holdin’ hands/ From the distance, don’t know which one is a Christian, damn". To be honest, this album reminded me of the Slim Shady LP. Not in the sense of the style, but more in the sense that the talent is there, but he needs to polish it up, which I think is partially down to Kendrick Lamar's laid back approach. Kendrick can be more enthusiastic, like in Ab-Souls -- BJ overshadows him, and that's not down to his guest rappers being proficient than him, but down to his nonchalant approach, which hinders his style, in my opinion. I’m certainly looking forward to his next album, which should, hopefully, solidify his position as one of the best, if not the best.

3. Common – The Dreamer / The Believer

Wouldn't say it's his best album, but it conveyed what Common is capable of. Coming off an average album, I can see why people are overhyping this album, claiming it as the best, but it's far from it, which is not to say I didn't enjoy it because I did. What I mainly liked was how Common brushed aside the boundaries: "Tried to *bleep* the world, she only let me finger" - That isn't the Common we have gotten used to. Universal Mind Control was an average album, by Common's standards, and my theory is that it subsequently led him into going in "hard". I wasn't disappointed. In my opinion, this album was released to let everyone know that he's still in the game. What a comeback, though.

4. Big K.R.I.T – Return of 4Eva

The beats on this album, which are produced by Big K.R.I.T himself, are fantastic. I knew this mixtape was something special when I listened to the intro. K.R.I.T's at some sort of meeting, or concert, with his followers; he goes in hard, the song gets more epic, but it comes to an abrupt end when an alarm goes off. This highlights that K.R.I.T knows that he's got a long way to go. It’s mixtape of the year for me, so that’s an achievement in itself.

5. Shabazz Palaces – Black Up

Absolutely amazing production. The lyrics, the rhymes and the experimentation fascinated me. My favourite lyrics: “The nights are getting stronger/ And the days are getting longer/ The building’s getting bigger/ Outside is getting smaller/ The lies are getting truer/ And the truth is getting brighter/ Things are looking blacker/ But black is looking whiter.” In terms of bringing a refreshing breath of air, there is no other album that can compete. It's original, weird, something that not most hip-hop lovers are used to. It was a risky experiment, but it's paid off, personally.

6. Lowkey - Soundtrack To The Struggle

Honestly, one of the best albums ever, coming from the UK. Most things were perfect: the flow, the beats, the lyricism. This album surely cements Lowkey's position as the best rapper in Britain. Essentially, it shows what can be achieved if you really love music, if you're willing to really put your mind in the game. To say he's not a good rapper shows one's lack of understanding regarding rap, with all due respect. The way he attacks, although he's not going to admit, America is brilliant. This is the level British rappers should be settings for themselves.

7. Saigon - The Greatest Story Never Told

Like most of his fans, I was starting to lose patience because the album kept getting delayed - it wasn't just one delay either. However, what can I say, I waited a long time and wasn't left disappointed.

8. Killer Mike - PL3DGE

Goes in hard, that's all I can say.

9. J.Cole - The Sideline Story

Like most fans of J.Cole, I was expecting one of the best albums of the year, but I was left disappointed. I want to hear more Breakdown-esque songs coming from J.Cole, that's where he really shines, to me. Lost Ones and Breakdown were the two stand-out tracks. Some tracks are great, some are poor. His flaws are apparent, you don't need to listen to it a few times. Definitely not the best he's capable of, but there aren't many better albums that I listened to in 2011, so it deserves to be on the list.

10. Tyler, The Creator - Goblin

Honestly, just scraped into my top 10. I was genuinely excited about Goblin, but was left disappointed. I didn't feel like it was an album, it was more like a blog post, talking about Tyler. However, it's decent enough, honestly - it's a must download, it will make you laugh. Bastard is infinitely better, though.

MY EPIC POST.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Gladiator wrote:
I was agreeing with what's being said, is it that hard a concept for your brain to comprehend? Do you fathom what I was trying to make apparent for you? Oh, nope. And no way, you're right, 50 cent didn't do anything, yep, he's mediocre...

lol

Really, that's how you're going to respond? It's so funny that every time a 50 debate comes up the people backing 50 have nothing to say. They refuse to respond to our points and want no part of the debate. I genuinely want to know why you believe 50 revolutionized the rap game. Also, when did I claim that 50 was mediocre?

You're only making yourself look foolish by responding the way you just did. This is not the first time a 50 debate has come up and more than a few posters actually took the time to make some really solid points, all I ask is that you (50 fan's) do the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:37 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

lol

Really, that's how you're going to respond? It's so funny that every time a 50 debate comes up the people backing 50 have nothing to say. They refuse to respond to our points and want no part of the debate. I genuinely want to know why you believe 50 revolutionized the rap game. Also, when did I claim that 50 was mediocre?

You're only making yourself look foolish by responding the way you just did. This is not the first time a 50 debate has come up and more than a few posters actually took the time to make some really solid points, all I ask is that you (50 fan's) do the same.

Why should I respond to your post with the way you've replied to my posts? That alone is enough to put someone off debating with you. "Oh, I'll just put a :facepalm: just to show how smart I am", there's really no need. Have a little self-respect, even though this is the internet. You know what, I can actually give you a decent post explaining why, but should I really be wasting my time? I mean, I don't know who those other posters are, apart from Ali, because I'm pretty much new to this forum. I think, during my brief period on this forum, I've proved to be a decent poster, you can see I put a lot of thought into my posts - I actually take the time to type out big posts, but all these LOLs coming about are annoying. I use them to mock specific members. Lastly, I think most people know that I can easily give the reasons why - in depth ones, too.

Good day.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:52 pm

Gladiator wrote:

Why should I respond to your post with the way you've replied to my posts? That alone is enough to put someone off debating with you. "Oh, I'll just put a :facepalm: just to show how smart I am", there's really no need. Have a little self-respect, even though this is the internet. You know what, I can actually give you a decent post explaining why, but should I really be wasting my time? I mean, I don't know who those other posters are, apart from Ali, because I'm pretty much new to this forum. I think, during my brief period on this forum, I've proved to be a decent poster, you can see I put a lot of thought into my posts - I actually take the time to type out big posts, but all these LOLs coming about are annoying. I use them to mock specific members. Lastly, I think most people know that I can easily give the reasons why - in depth ones, too.

Good day.

Dude, you can't be so sensitive and I apologize if I came off a certain way in my post's. This is not the first time the 50 debate has some up and I honestly want to hear your opinion on 50 (I wouldn't have asked if i didn't). I didn't put a :facepalm: to show how smart I am. If you knew me and read my posts you would know that's not the case. If you're going to post in this thread you should get to know Adnyana and dmize (quality posters) and I'm actually cool with Ali (just didn't like how sensitive he got). Most things in life are about opinion and I understand that, I'm just here for intellectual debate. There is no right or wrong when it comes to music.

You claim that it would be a waste to type up a message explaining why you feel this way about 50, yet you took the time to type out a paragraph explaining why you won't explain your thought's on 50. Maybe you have proven to be a good poster in your short time here, but I feel as if I've proven the same thing. We can't rely on what we think others know about us, I haven't come across many of your posts and I actually want to hear what you have to say.

What does that even have to do with me? I don't like to speak for others, but I'd love to hear these reasons and I think some others would be interested. If you go back a few pages you'll see a very in depth debate about 50 and we're still waiting for someone to respond to them.

We might have started off on the wrong foot, but that's not the case anymore. If you still want to hold a grudge over my post's, that's your choice. I didn't mean to come off that way and I apologize if it made you feel a certain type of way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next