M99
Pedram
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
Freeza
47 posters

Page 2 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Myesyats Sat May 30, 2020 10:09 am

El Gunner wrote:
sportsczy wrote:I can understand rioting to some extent in such an emotionally charged environment. Happens everywhere... but the looting?  Not even a little bit.

The destruction and/or theft of another person's personal property is just stupid. I had the same problem with many of the strikes in France. For example, farmers would pour eggs and milk on the freeways when there are so many people needing food in the world when they were protesting some French government policy.

You discount your message this way... even if the message/cause is completely legit.
How does looting discount the message?? In my opinion it drives it more home. Since when has looting not been a part of rioting?

You price material possession over a human life? Think you might be part of the problem.

I want change in the world but i also want that 60" 4K Ultra HD TV..... don't I now hmm

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Myesyats Sat May 30, 2020 10:12 am

LeVersacci wrote:There’s no such thing as good cops in America. Especially the white ones.

I would go further and say there's no good white people in America at all, or anywhere in the world really
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 30, 2020 11:18 am

Myesyats wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
sportsczy wrote:I can understand rioting to some extent in such an emotionally charged environment. Happens everywhere... but the looting?  Not even a little bit.

The destruction and/or theft of another person's personal property is just stupid. I had the same problem with many of the strikes in France. For example, farmers would pour eggs and milk on the freeways when there are so many people needing food in the world when they were protesting some French government policy.

You discount your message this way... even if the message/cause is completely legit.
How does looting discount the message?? In my opinion it drives it more home. Since when has looting not been a part of rioting?

You price material possession over a human life? Think you might be part of the problem.

I want change in the world but i also want that 60" 4K Ultra HD TV..... don't I now hmm
Laughing wow, yea it's all about that ultra hd tv mate
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 30, 2020 11:20 am

Freeza wrote:Poor people have been looted for years. They're only taking back what's rightly theirs
Exactly!!! Looting is the essence of rebellion

Can't believe some people on here
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat May 30, 2020 11:33 am

what in actual hell is this

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat May 30, 2020 12:35 pm

The photos on my twitter are the sign of fun that was had in Atlanta last night. I wasnt able to get up to lenox square where a few stores were hit up but if we go again tonight I'll be sure to see if I can get a copy of Animal crossing.

I did enjoy the feeling around hitting the college football hall of fame. Nothing more disgusting, in the city of Dr.King and the civil rights movement, than a monument to the modern day slave trade of College football. Even when the glass was broken and kids were going in to get stuff I found myself weary at the thought of getting anything from such a disgusting establishment.

Still waiting on Trump and his shooters :coffee: ...sure called his bitch ass bluff.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 30, 2020 1:20 pm

sportsczy wrote:
McLewis wrote:
sportsczy wrote:And I DO NOT agree with McLewis with his no "middle ground" stance... that's absolutely ridiculous nonsense. Most police are absolutely good people. Just as most African Americans are good people.

Just as you don't want people to feel like every Black person is a thug... you shouldn't stereotype police. It's small-minded.

Good people do not stand by and let bad people do bad shit. Period.

Until good cops are not afraid to hold bad cops accountable, they cannot be considered good cops. It's really as simple as that. They are bound by an oath to serve and protect, even if that means protecting us from one of their own. Letting bad cops get away with bad shit is not in keeping with that oath. For this reason, your analogy of comparing black CIVILIANS, makes absolutely no sense.

It absolutely does. You can't act bigoted and stereotypical in one direction... and then demand and expect differently in the other one.

Being a policeman is a tough job and one where you have to have each other's back. It's similar to the military. You follow the chain of command no matter what because that's the only way you stay safe. You follow orders. 99% of the time, they do a great job as this chart irrefutably shows:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191237/reported-property-crime-rate-in-the-us-since-1990/

Do they fuck up 1% of the time? Sure. You have bad apples. They should get punished. But I will not stand idly by when people attack the overall work of the police who do a heck of a job to keep us safe.

Having your brothers back doesn't mean that you sit idly by while they do shit that's wrong though. That wouldn't occur in a family. It shouldn't occur in the police force or the military.

That's a huge issue in both the military and police.

I understand what you're saying though. Both forces rely strongly on the idea of having your brother's back as you literally enter life and death situations. It makes it difficult to rat a brother out when they do wrong. Hell, it might even warp your perception of what is wrong and what is right.

I don't think these are easy issues to solve.

The easiest and biggest thing to do is diversify the police force. This desperately needs to happen in education, too. I think one of the biggest questions of the day should be: how can we get more people of color in the police force? How can we get more POC in the educational system?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat May 30, 2020 1:39 pm

CBarca wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
McLewis wrote:

Until good cops are not afraid to hold bad cops accountable, they cannot be considered good cops. It's really as simple as that. They are bound by an oath to serve and protect, even if that means protecting us from one of their own. Letting bad cops get away with bad shit is not in keeping with that oath. For this reason, your analogy of comparing black CIVILIANS, makes absolutely no sense.

It absolutely does. You can't act bigoted and stereotypical in one direction... and then demand and expect differently in the other one.

Being a policeman is a tough job and one where you have to have each other's back. It's similar to the military. You follow the chain of command no matter what because that's the only way you stay safe. You follow orders. 99% of the time, they do a great job as this chart irrefutably shows:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191237/reported-property-crime-rate-in-the-us-since-1990/

Do they fuck up 1% of the time? Sure. You have bad apples. They should get punished. But I will not stand idly by when people attack the overall work of the police who do a heck of a job to keep us safe.

Having your brothers back doesn't mean that you sit idly by while they do shit that's wrong though. That wouldn't occur in a family. It shouldn't occur in the police force or the military.

I understand what you're saying though. Both forces rely strongly on the idea of having your brother's back as you literally enter life and death situations. It makes it difficult to rat a brother out when they do wrong. Hell, it might even warp your perception of what is wrong and what is right.

The easiest and biggest thing to do is diversify the police force. This desperately needs to happen in education, too. I think one of the biggest questions of the day should be: how can we get more people of color in the police force? How can we get more POC in the educational system?

Tons of POC in the military and it doesnt stop it from being a haven for neo nazis and the strong arm of imperialism.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat May 30, 2020 1:46 pm

But isnt Minnesota upwards of 80% white? Statistically it doesnt make sense to just "get more people of color in", also you can apply for the position if you want to no matter your skin so I really don't understand such statements.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 30, 2020 2:02 pm

Young Kaz wrote:The photos on my twitter are the sign of fun that was had in Atlanta last night. I wasnt able to get up to lenox square where a few stores were hit up but if we go again tonight I'll be sure to see if I can get a copy of Animal crossing.

I did enjoy the feeling around hitting the college football hall of fame. Nothing more disgusting, in the city of Dr.King and the civil rights movement, than a monument to the modern day slave trade of College football. Even when the glass was broken and kids were going in to get stuff I found myself weary at the thought of getting anything from such a disgusting establishment.

Still waiting on Trump and his shooters :coffee: ...sure called his bitch ass bluff.
Comrade Molenation
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat May 30, 2020 2:18 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:The photos on my twitter are the sign of fun that was had in Atlanta last night. I wasnt able to get up to lenox square where a few stores were hit up but if we go again tonight I'll be sure to see if I can get a copy of Animal crossing.

Comrade Molenation

I wouldnt have even went out if Trump didnt open his mouth about shooting folks. He didnt do shit, and he aint gonna do shit tonight. You call a bigot's bluff every chance you get. They are just hot air.

Guy across the hall from me got like 3 bottles of Perrier-Jouët from mccormicks and schmick's which is a "Fancy" restaurant next to the CNN center. He said they got everything out of there.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 30, 2020 4:12 pm

Imagine trying to use this as an excuse to get a free copy of Animal Crossing. Wow.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 30, 2020 4:13 pm

Good speech, hard to disagree with anything she said.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sat May 30, 2020 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 30, 2020 4:13 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
CBarca wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Tons of POC in the military and it doesnt stop it from being a haven for neo nazis and the strong arm of imperialism.

Well for one, I never said it solves the issue. I said it's the easiest and probably one of yhe most influential things we can do. Do you disagree with that?

For two, you're not really wrong, but the military isn't in constant interaction with civilian life like police and educators are. If your argument is that increasing number of POC wouldn't change much because the military still has neo-nazis despite the # of POC, then there is certainly a point to be made there. The kind of culture that the military provides and the police force, to a large extent, replicates, is a problem. I agree with that. However, because of the role the military plays vs the role the police play or educators play, I think that that comparison only goes so far.

Again, I never said just increasing POC in the police or education solves systemic racism. That's naïve and ignorant
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 30, 2020 4:14 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Imagine trying to use this as an excuse to get a free copy of Animal Crossing. Wow.

Truly incredible
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 30, 2020 4:17 pm

Another great speech
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat May 30, 2020 4:28 pm

Looting and burning a Dollar store rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 30, 2020 4:33 pm

Interesting developments today as most major MN officials are alleging that the vast majority of violence on the street within the last day or two has changed. Used to be outrage from MN citizens. Now it's primarily people from out of state.

The weaponization the internet and social media by large groups resulting in inauthentic protests and astroturfing is a massive issue and will continue to be
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat May 30, 2020 4:37 pm

Hoping to see police deaths in the progress.

It always has and will be fuck the police.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 30, 2020 4:38 pm

CBarca wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
McLewis wrote:

It absolutely does.  You can't act bigoted and stereotypical in one direction... and then demand and expect differently in the other one.

Being a policeman is a tough job and one where you have to have each other's back.  It's similar to the military.  You follow the chain of command no matter what because that's the only way you stay safe.  You follow orders.  99% of the time, they do a great job as this chart irrefutably shows:

Do they fuck up 1% of the time?  Sure.  You have bad apples.  They should get punished.  But I will not stand idly by when people attack the overall work of the police who do a heck of a job to keep us safe.  

To me...  and this is what I tell kids in underprivileged circumstances...  you figure out a path where you control the variables.  Namely, you.  Changing the police is completely out of your hands (and the fact is, crime is at an all-time low in the United States... so there's no appetite there).  

In short, you make yourself untouchable.  As Fennec said, do well in school, get an education, and take the power.  Then, nobody can fuck with you.

Regardless of what anyone says, the US is the #1 place for opportunity.  Anybody can "make it".  It's as close to a meritocracy as there is in the world.  Are there more challenges for those in lower socioeconomic conditions?  Of course.  But the path isn't impossible.  It's not even improbable.  It's just difficult.

Once you "make it", you go back to your neighborhoods and help others get out of their condition.  That's one of the big issues.  Most people who make it out of the ghetto don't go back (understandably).   You have to fight off that selfish instinct...  go back and help.  If you're lucky enough to have bricks that you can lay, you should lay them even if it's inconvenient.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat May 30, 2020 4:38 pm

Freeza wrote:Poor people have been looted for years. They're only taking back what's rightly theirs
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 30, 2020 4:38 pm

LeVersacci wrote:Hoping to see police deaths in the progress.

STFU dude.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 30, 2020 4:43 pm

This is fucked up
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat May 30, 2020 4:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:

STFU dude.
Aren’t you like 50? Don’t quote me again boomer.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat May 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Young Kaz wrote:

Eventually you become what you swore to destroy

Proud
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat May 30, 2020 4:48 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
This is fucked up
If it was directed to say, Scandinavian police then I would agree.

AmeriKKKa police and their history? Never.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next