Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 10 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

+31
BarcaLearning
Turok_TTZ
LeVersacci
Myesyats
Zees
strugahimself
Varnagel
Pedram
Nivash
Clutch
Valkyrja
farfan
AlphaBeast
Cyborg
Freeza
Kick
StrugaRock
Mamad
halamadrid2
FennecFox7
Hapless_Hans
Perucho21
The Demon of Carthage
titosantill
The Madrid One
sportsczy
Thimmy
chad4401
futbol_bill
Doc
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:50 pm

Love bennacer, very similar to valverde in style. Great player.

I think Pogba has shown up to training and worked hard.Ole even pointed out as much. Don’t let the hate boner Manchester United fans have over Pogba derail the fact that he is a great player. Man united and city fans are just absolutely awful..

He does track back he’s just not good at defense. His qualities lie in the attack. Would you ask david Silva to play DM.. no, we judge him on his attacking qualities. I would be pretty pissed if I constantly got played as a DM when I’m not. Imagine if we told modric he has to play in case’s role and if he plays bad we will set him to the fire.

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 10 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:56 pm

Pogba has been atrocious for United let’s be real. Huge transfer, he walked in there with the attitude that he owned the place and he started fighting with his coaches about where he wanted to be played. And it only got worse from there, he is underperforming, and doesn’t play at a high enough level to lift his team up.

We can compare Modric and Kroos performances to Pogba’s in the same timeframe and it’s night and day. I love the talent, I love the fit in Madrid if he joins but let’s not pretend he has done all he could to succeed in United. He plays with no effort, that’s a concern. He cares more about shushing people after being shit for a month than playing consistent good football for a month
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:04 am

The only solace I can take from our inevitable signing of Pogba is that, unlike Utd, Madrid still has a core of legends and icons still very influential and still playing at a very high and very demanding level. Paul cannot slack off nor can he walk around like he owns the joint.

And then there is the culture of Spanish football. Again, unlike England and Utd fans, Pogba does that nonsense he is currently doing at Utd, it ain't just the media that'll be on him, it'll be the Bernabeu who has no mercy for those who disrespect the shirt.

To end, while I would still be triggered when we spend big on Paul, I see Nick's POV that this, in theory (and only in theory) would be a perfect signing for us.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:26 am

Well, I’ve observed him for nearly half a decade now. Not everyone seems to think that’s a substantial frame of time since he won the world cup and had one good season at Juventus Laughing

The lack of effort isn’t always the problem, it’s how he makes himself productive, and when he is. I mean, he actually put in the work in two fairly recent matches, and all it amounted to was misplaces passes that lead to counter-attacks, and an own goal. As for him potentially being our perfect signing, I don’t know if prime Pirlo would’ve been a perfect signing for us right now. We need defensive stability and someone who can make use of his chances in front of goal.

Pogba has scored a few screamers in his career, but so have both Kroos and Modric. I don’t think that’s a type of goalscorer we should rely on, neither are those long-shot types reliable, in general. Being able to shoot from long distances as a midfielder is a bonus, but not much more. I personally don’t see how a midfielder fits the profile we need, even if I pretend that he would perform the way he supposedly did at Juventus.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:31 pm

Real Madrid 's financial report for the 2020/2021 season has been posted online after the club's general assembly ended earlier today.

In case you don't have time or patience to read it, here are the most important points:

1. The vote now shows that the club will have a budget of 617m euros for 2020/21, 14 percent less than 2019/20.

2. It forecasts a loss of 69m euros, which the club will look to reduce as much as possible and pending the possible return of fans, though the board are not expecting that any time soon.

3. Last season's budget was worth 822.1m euros, with COVID-19 impacting various lines of business within the club, including the significant fall in income from the lack of fans in stadiums as well as sponsorship and commercial events, stadium tours and club shop sales.

4. The club have put a figure of 106m euros on the impact of the pandemic, a 13 percent reduction in income.

5. If the pandemic had never come to pass, the budget was expected to be placed at 900m euros.

6. The club gained 155m euros in long-term bank loans in April and May, which take the shape of four loans due in five years and 50m euros in a credit policy expiring in three years.

7. On June 30, 2020, the club's net worth was 533m euros, with liquidity of 125m euros, excluding the remodeling project of the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu.

8. The players and coaches of the first teams in football and basketball, as well as the club's board, took a 10 percent pay cut for this year, which helped to end last season's budget with a 313,000 euro surplus.

9. A new wage cut will also be expected for this season to help balance the books.

10. While other teams have speculated on transfers, Real Madrid have maintained their stance that there would be no signings, as has been the case since before the summer.

11. The club's contingency plan helped to ensure that the 2019-20 financial year ended with a symbolic profit of €313,000. However, gross debts rose from €174 million to €409 million; while net debt (gross debt minus the amount in the treasury) increased from -€27 million to €241 million.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:44 pm

Bear in mind when reading DoC’s report of club financials, that club’s financial reporting is on a calendar year basis whereas most normal reporting is on futbol season basis.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:08 pm

And just to put a positive spin on the financial update, the budget has been done on worst case scenario, i.e. the pandemic continuing for entire year, which is the prudent financial management that Perez is noted for.

However, Spain like the rest of EU is flattening the curve of 2nd wave and vaccinations are beginning. Come June, this entire crisis is more than likely greatly improved.

In regards to budget, this probably will mean, the revenues will likely increase (or return) to normal levels for 2021/22 season. Plus there always is the possibility of a stadium sponsorship deal that could easily fund any desired transfers.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:22 pm

Here's an even more positive spin. Rummenigge told German TV show Doppelpass the following regarding Alaba's future:
Rummenigge wrote:Bayern have done everything possible to reach an agreement.

We’ve had many conversations, but we wanted an answer from him by the end of October. That didn’t happen and I don’t know if we’ll start negotiations up again. What I want to make clear is that our offer reflected how very strongly we feel about him. But he didn’t accept it.

I don't know anything about the Real Madrid rumours. He's free to speak to whoever he wants from January 1.

If we could pull this off, it would be the greatest single piece of business we have done with Bayern since Kroos.

I'm sure the board already knows about his situation, but I'm not sure whether they would be willing to give him the salary he's asking for.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:49 pm

It wouldn't be a piece of business with Bayern though. Alaba will be a free agent in summer, unless a complete runaround happens.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:59 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Here's an even more positive spin. Rummenigge told German TV show Doppelpass the following regarding Alaba's future:

We’ve had many conversations, but we wanted an answer from him by the end of October. That didn’t happen and I don’t know if we’ll start negotiations up again. What I want to make clear is that our offer reflected how very strongly we feel about him. But he didn’t accept it.

I don't know anything about the Real Madrid rumours. He's free to speak to whoever he wants from January 1.

If we could pull this off, it would be the greatest single piece of business we have done with Bayern since Kroos.

I'm sure the board already knows about his situation, but I'm not sure whether they would be willing to give him the salary he's asking for.
how? Can you explain this to me? I understand signing a player for free is great but Alaba is not all that.

Davies is better than he is at LB
He is not a elite center back
He wants to make a lot of money

Alaba is a black more talented version of Nacho who is trying to be paid like Ramos. I am worried this would be a bad deal for us. If you tell me that he would be a great partner for Ramos then I’m gonna ask how? He plays left CB same as Ramos, so now you would displace Ramos to a position he never plays to force fit Alaba in the squad? That’s fixing something that is not broken by taking more risks. He could play LB for us but we are gonna pay him 15 millions per year for that? I would rather pay Reguilon’s buy back clause. What else? DM, he sucks at it.

I am open minded, his name looks glamorous on paper but I don’t see where/how it works
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:55 pm

DoC, keep in mind what you posted earlier re financial situation. If club is going to make any signings, it will be for priorities. Plus, it’s not just transfer budget but salary load as well.

Defense is not the issue, nor is midfield. Perhaps a signing in midfield to give better coverage for Casemiro. I do see Odriozola and Isco gone. Plus there is possibility of Marcelo retiring and A Reguilion return

But priority clearly is finding a goal scorer. In that regard, I still think it is Mbappe or Haaland with likely Asensio gone.

Bottom line is whatever acquisition funding there will be, it will be used for a forward. The other possibilities, a midfielder or a Reguilion return will depend on amount if funds available.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:10 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:Here's an even more positive spin. Rummenigge told German TV show Doppelpass the following regarding Alaba's future:

how? Can you explain this to me? I understand signing a player for free is great but Alaba is not all that.

Davies is better than he is at LB
He is not a elite center back
He wants to make a lot of money

Alaba is a black more talented version of Nacho who is trying to be paid like Ramos. I am worried this would be a bad deal for us. If you tell me that he would be a great partner for Ramos then I’m gonna ask how? He plays left CB same as Ramos, so now you would displace Ramos to a position he never plays to force fit Alaba in the squad? That’s fixing something that is not broken by taking more risks. He could play LB for us but we are gonna pay him 15 millions per year for that? I would rather pay Reguilon’s buy back clause. What else? DM, he sucks at it.

I am open minded, his name looks glamorous on paper but I don’t see where/how it works

You're being too harsh on him. First of, by coming on a free transfer, this gives the club a little leeway to give him a salary that otherwise wouldn't be able to. Second, he's better than any LB we have right now. Marcelo has declined a lot and Mendy is solid but not as good as Alaba going forward. Plus his versatility makes him very useful for us to fill in as a CB or DM when one of our guys gets injured.

He's not the best, but you shouldn't pass up on the opportunity of signing someone of his caliber on a free because he'd undoubtedly improve our squad tremendously.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:50 pm

The problem is that you are going to pay Alaba more than guys like Benzema, Kroos, Ramos... you essentially destroy you salary scale for a LB: absolutely not worth it

He is a more complete LB than Mendy, sure but we are not underperforming with Mendy, who is also stronger defensively for my money.

There are certain free opportunities which are poisoned chalices which you should avoid sometimes
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:12 pm

It really depends on how you look at it. You think as long as a player is not underperforming, there's no need to replace them whereas me I think as long as you have an opportunity to improve on what you already have, you shouldn't hesitate.

The only thing that bothers me about Alaba is his salary because there's a fair chance it may create some instability in the dressing room. But other than that, the positives from his signing clearly outweigh the negatives, even financially.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:24 pm

Well the financial part of signing Alaba is THE problem, and it’s a pretty big one. He wants to be paid like the elite in Europe but he is not part of such elite.

I would love his signing too but not at the price that he is asking. Why would you risk unbalancing the squad for Alaba? We are not talking about prime Maldini here, he is a very good player but not one that should make us break a balance we carefully built overtime.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:17 pm

Yes, I can't lie, his salary demands are too much.

The reason I still want him in spite of that is because he's an established LB in his prime. Players of his caliber cost an arm and a leg in today's market. So even if you paid him a very handsome salary, it would still cost less than signing someone of his caliber while they are still contractually bound to another club and paying them a lower salary.

But yes, if it's going to disrupt the dressing room and create a rift within the squad, then no thanks.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:22 pm

At this stage of his career I’m not sure that Alaba moves the needle at LB in a way that he is a game changer for us compared to Mendy.

We still have a buy back on Reguilon, while we wait for another market opportunity
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:14 pm

I have the feeling Alaba will be going to PSG to play with Neymar and Messi
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:44 pm

Definitely a plausible scenario. They can easily give him the salary he wants.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:03 am

What are the options in terms of CB talent out there? Upamecano (i say no right now)? De Ligt (even less than Upamecano)?

Not many options...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:24 am

I was looking at Varane’s contract and he hasn’t renewed his contract yet? Expiring in 2022? What? This changes some things for me... I recall 2 years ago he was wasn’t sure he should continue in Spain and wanted to try another league and Zidane came back and convinced him to stay. But he hasn’t renewed? This changes things...

De Ligt is much better than last season, he would be the player to go after in my opinion. Upamecano still makes too many mistakes; Pau Torres seems good
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:55 am

Yeah Varane's contract is up in 2022 and the fact that he's not renewed yet casts some doubts on his future at Madrid, De Ligt is quite talented but is Juventus willing to sell though? in any cases he would cost a fortune, probably upwards of 100m.

Upamecano is inexperienced and makes mistakes but he's affordable, both in term of wages and transfer value.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:26 pm

Upamecano may occasionally make mistakes, but he often carries their otherwise, quite mediocre defense. He might not be that defensive rock that we need right now, but I can't think of any other defenders, apart from maybe Ramos and VVD, who are able to provide a man of the match performance from the back. And Upamecano doesn't necessarily do so by being a goalscorer. The market for defenders is quite scarce, these days.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:37 pm

De Ligt has a release clause of 150 millions, so you can’t sign him until 2023 when he has a year left on his deal expiring 2024 and he is not renewing.

Upamecano and Pau Torres might be the most interesting and affordable options on the market. There are also names like Skrinar and maybe less glamorous names out there. If we are projecting that Varane may not renew his deal then we will have to sell him next summer, in which context bringing a new CB makes sense.

A more ambitious option that would make DoC happy would be:
1) sign Alaba for free with not so crazy wages
2) sign a young CB that will mix in the rotation
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:48 am

I thought Alaba is a CB now, either way he would be a perfect addition if he isn't asking for massive wages. If we don't pay Ramos that kind of money what makes him think Perez will pay him that Laughing
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:19 am

Alaba doesn’t particularly cares about coming to Madrid, don’t believe the Spanish medias lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next